SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

P. 126: Mako, floorless dive coaster announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Re: SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

Postby pǝʇɹǝʌuı » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:38 pm

WolfBobs wrote:The other thing we should be excited about is what rides like this symbolize for the direction the SW parks are headed. It appears that rides and coasters will be a focus to get these parks...caught up let's say in the rides department. We already know 2019 and 2020 will be exciting years for the SW and BG properties, the next ten or so could be a very exciting period of growth.

The implications of this are interesting for sure. SWSD has never really been on the map as far as rides go yet is one of my absolute favorite parks. It's a shame the animals don't carry the park anymore. With all these new rides the overall feel of the park will definitely change; it's already different than it was before. But ultimately it's for the better and I definitely don't see Seaworld getting rid of any animal exhibits, even in the long term (except for, of course, when all the Orcas die). If we see a couple more rides over the next 10 years then SW will definitely corner the market on the San Diego area, though, and I think the park will start seeing a lot more success.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby pǝʇɹǝʌuı » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:39 pm

Double post, sorry :omg:

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:37 am

pǝʇɹǝʌuı wrote:
WolfBobs wrote:The other thing we should be excited about is what rides like this symbolize for the direction the SW parks are headed. It appears that rides and coasters will be a focus to get these parks...caught up let's say in the rides department. We already know 2019 and 2020 will be exciting years for the SW and BG properties, the next ten or so could be a very exciting period of growth.

The implications of this are interesting for sure. SWSD has never really been on the map as far as rides go yet is one of my absolute favorite parks. It's a shame the animals don't carry the park anymore. With all these new rides the overall feel of the park will definitely change; it's already different than it was before. But ultimately it's for the better and I definitely don't see Seaworld getting rid of any animal exhibits, even in the long term (except for, of course, when all the Orcas die). If we see a couple more rides over the next 10 years then SW will definitely corner the market on the San Diego area, though, and I think the park will start seeing a lot more success.

I'll never argue with prioritizing coasters over sushi ingredients. But I do appreciate any touch to make a park better. I think caring for animals is just way too expensive and impractical for a private company interested in making a profit, and you really need a government grant to make it work.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Superbatboy » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:16 am

Definitely surprised by this, great addition for the park
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby DBJ » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:59 pm

Didn't expect a new large coaster for San Diego! Great news indeed. Glad to see another B&M make it's way relatively close. I like the direction the park is heading. Oddly enough, kind of heading towards resembling SFDK.

Postby Philrad71 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:36 pm

Great addition for a park that needed another decent coaster.

I like raising awareness about any animals, but I've always been a shark enthusiast since Jaws scared the shit out of me many moons ago as a kid. lol

And as others have said - you simply can't go wrong with a dive coaster. They're fun and the GP loves them.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:20 pm

On an unrelated note, how much of a queue does Electric Eel tend to get? I noticed it's not on the Quick Queue and know Sky Rocket II's aren't exactly capacity machines. I think I may stop in before my Platinum Pass expires on MLKJ weekend.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Indianapolis Zoo & John Ivers Backyard/Blue Flash

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby bgtlover » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:52 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:On an unrelated note, how much of a queue does Electric Eel tend to get? I noticed it's not on the Quick Queue and know Sky Rocket II's aren't exactly capacity machines. I think I may stop in before my Platinum Pass expires on MLKJ weekend.

They have an option where you add one ride on Electric Eel. Looks to be $10 more than the regular QQ ($25 that weekend). It's showing $35 for the offer below on that weekend (Sat, Sun & MLK day).
Capture.JPG
Coaster Count: 130
Top 10:

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:07 pm

Thanks! When I didn't see the QuickQueue icon with it on the rides page, I didn't think to look if there was a one-time option. That's certainly good to know if it gets busy.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Indianapolis Zoo & John Ivers Backyard/Blue Flash

Postby jynx242 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:10 am

Is this coaster going to be near their Shark Exhibit? Will they theme it like they did with Mako in Orlando?

Hopefully they do because they did a great job and brought life back to the Shark part of the park (which was always one of my favorites.)

D

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!