SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

P. 126: Mako, floorless dive coaster announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:38 am

Really dude. You went straight to "Am I not allowed to have an opinion"? :roll:

I'm not going to engage with trollish behaviour, and AJ said it really well already.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:08 pm

SteVeUrkle wrote:
ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Thanks, SteveUrkle! This thread was way too positive, and we really needed someone to completely overreact to this news. We were dangerouly low on complaints and were teetering on the edge of losing our coaster enthusiast site street cred. Now we're safely within coasterboy parameters.

Wait? Is this the "only positive comments allowed SeaWorld Sand Diego Discussion Thread"?

Or is this the one where we're allowed to give our opinion that the park could've skipped this attraction and done a lot better?

Because I think the park deserves better.

Do you think Tidal Twister is a better addition than Submarine Quest? As others have said complaining is fine, but if I was a local I would be a lot happier with this and last year's Electric Eel than 2017's Submarine Quest.
Last edited by larrygator on Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:16 pm.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby SteVeUrkle » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:18 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:I'm not going to engage with trollish behaviour, and AJ said it really well already.

If anyone's trolling, it's you. Your comments are much more annoying than my logical criticism of this addition. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

larrygator wrote:Do you think Tidal Twister is a better addition than Submarine Quest? As others have said complaining is fine, but if I was a local I would be a lot happier with this and last year's Electric Eel than 2017's Submarine Quest.

I didn't even know about Submarine Quest, just watched a POV. And I dunno, that ride looks preeeeetty crappy, even for kids. With the money they're spending on Tidal Twister, I would have preferred them make that Sub Quest ride a lot better. It seems like it had potential. Or I'd prefer they just skip next year and not do Tidal Twister at all.

Again, hasn't anyone watched a video of that Harley Quin ride? The ride is super super loud? And the ride experience is terrible. And the capacity stinks. The entire thing just has question marks all over it for me. In a nice serene park it just seems like this ride is going to be a nuisance, and if it's anything like Harley Quin, not worth riding after 1 time.

The thing for me is that I love SeaWorld San Diego and I just hate seeing these Six Flags type budget rides being installed. Just feels so cheap.
Live Cedar Point Queue Times: https://queue-times.com/parks/50/queue_times

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:51 am

SteVeUrkle wrote:Again, hasn't anyone watched a video of that Harley Quin ride? The ride is super super loud? And the ride experience is terrible. And the capacity stinks. The entire thing just has question marks all over it for me.

The great thing about prototypes (Harley Quinn Crazy Coaster) is that you learn what you need to do to improve the experience of the next installation. Not everyone starting a new company in this business can pull off a New Texas Giant right out of the gate. The fact that Skyline sold Tidal Twister at all makes your question marks moot because they obviously have piqued parks' interests.

Besides, SeaWorld knows how to take a regular old ride and wrap it in a themed package. Infinity Falls, Mako, Tempesto, Electric Eel, the Ocean Explorer flat rides...
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:28 am

SteVeUrkle wrote:I didn't even know about Submarine Quest, just watched a POV. And I dunno, that ride looks preeeeetty crappy, even for kids. With the money they're spending on Tidal Twister, I would have preferred them make that Sub Quest ride a lot better. It seems like it had potential. Or I'd prefer they just skip next year and not do Tidal Twister at all.

For a park chain in such a deep financial crisis, why would they think this is a good idea? (You can simulate this in RCT)
SteVeUrkle wrote:And the ride experience is terrible.
if it's anything like Harley Quin, not worth riding after 1 time.

Why would you think Horizon will have comparable ride experience to Harley Quin’s?
SteVeUrkle wrote:And the capacity stinks.

If Disney can run Dumbo in Disneyland this shouldn't be much of a problem.

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:56 am

larrygator wrote:Do you think Tidal Twister is a better addition than Submarine Quest? As others have said complaining is fine, but if I was a local I would be a lot happier with this and last year's Electric Eel than 2017's Submarine Quest.

FYI, Sub Quest hasn't been open since last December (barely open before that, mind you). The marquee has been taken down and mention of the ride removed everywhere (park maps/website/etc.). The park has seemingly given up on the attraction. I wouldn't be surprised if the park is in litigation with Chance Rides for failing to deliver a product.

So yes, Tidal Twister will certainly be a better addition (given that it opens at all).

I'm just surprised SWSD went with another prototype attraction after the miserable failure of Sub Quest. Best of luck, guys.
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Twisted Timbers
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Wildfire

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:08 pm

Doubt chance had anything to do with the show elements of the ride.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:52 am

It just seems like Sub Quest was a low capacity attraction with little to the experience that wasn't worth the wait or the cost to operate. I'd imagine the park's overall satisfaction scores were increased on the days where the ride didn't operate versus those where it did. I'm more curious to see if any effort is made to salvage or re-utilize the ride's purpose-built structures for something else (like the did for the High in the Sky Seuss Sky Trolley at Islands of Adventure years ago) down the road.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:55 am

I watched a POV of Submarine Quest and thought how ticked off I'd be if I'd waited in line for it.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Xmeister » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:07 pm

Just because I'm curious and have no life ;) I did invest the time to get a ride on Submarine Quest. Of course the first two times I waited through the queue the ride went down right as I got to the station. On the third try I finally did get on and it was bad. I get that it was made for small children but I doubt that even they would've enjoyed it.

You know how some movies are so bad that you have to watch them to see how bad they are because it's hilarious? This was the ride equivalent of that. The one thing I will say is that I enjoyed the kinetic energy the ride vehicles added to the area. Just like the People Mover adds and added energy to Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom and Disneyland. The awesome thing about those rides though is that they are fun to ride and watch.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!