SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

P. 133: Aquatica San Diego to become Sesame Place San Diego!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Nothing beats Cali coasters

Re: SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

Postby chickenbowl » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:43 pm

Electric Eel train revealed (No surprise, it's got OTSRs like Tempasta).

Question for people that have ridden both Tempesto and a standard two-train SRII: Do the longer trains produce stronger airtime in the front or back rows?

[second picture from CCK facebook]
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Hakugei|Skyrush
Lightning Rod|T Express|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Dombot » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:59 pm

chickenbowl wrote:Electric Eel train revealed (No surprise, it's got OTSRs like Tempasta).

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Complaints about unnecessary restraints aside, I can't wait to see the front of the train. SeaWorld always does an awesome job with awesome front car designs (i.e. both Mantas, Cheetah Hunt, Mako...), so this shouldn't be an exception. :)
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mako
6. Twisted Cyclone 7. Alpengeist 8. Mine Blower 9. Montu 10. Incredible Hulk

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby mushrumjaz » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:10 pm

A few aerial shots of Electric Eel
DJI_0122.JPG
Overview aerial shots of Electric Eel
DJI_0152.JPG
Overview aerial shots of Electric Eel
DJI_0110.JPG
DJI_0127.JPG
DJI_0131.JPG

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby edgeboy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:08 pm

Dombot wrote:
chickenbowl wrote:Electric Eel train revealed (No surprise, it's got OTSRs like Tempasta).

Complaints about unnecessary restraints aside, I can't wait to see the front of the train. SeaWorld always does an awesome job with awesome front car designs (i.e. both Mantas, Cheetah Hunt, Mako...), so this shouldn't be an exception. :)

Actually, as OTSs go, those look pretty comfortable. And I see no shin bar, so that's a plus. I've only been on SkyRockets with the lap bar, so I'm curious to see how this will compare.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby WestCoasterKing » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:21 pm

I am still so very disappointed that the Submarine ride was not enclosed into a dark ride. I know the target kid demographic probably doesn't care. But honestly, it makes no sense. It can't have been a cost saving measure because a building has got to be cheaper to build than an elevated "tram" platform.

But back to Electric Eel. I didn't realize how close it was to Atlantis, though it makes sense. That's only spot in the park where anything of that height could be built. Atlantis is 95 feet if I'm not mistaken. I also didn't realize how close it was to the sea lion theater. I wonder how much of an effect the noise will have on the show.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:00 am

edgeboy wrote:
Dombot wrote:

Actually, as OTSs go, those look pretty comfortable. And I see no shin bar, so that's a plus. I've only been on SkyRockets with the lap bar, so I'm curious to see how this will compare.

There is a shin bar. Well, it’s more like a “pad” than a bar, just like every other Premier 2nd-gen train. Look closely.

I actually think they’re very soft and comfortable (at least on YOLOcoaster), but then again, I’m not very tall. The “comfort collars” also looks quite comfortable. And these Premier coasters are so smooth and well-designed, I bet you won’t even notice they’re there. Can’t wait to ride!
Steel: 197 / Wood: 33 / Total: 230
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:20 am

The comfort collars on Tempesto are dumb and feel completely pointless. They are not tight to your body (and I'm a big dude) which is great as you still get airtime and move around a bit in the seat but those trains are already a huge PITA to get in and out of, seemingly even for smaller people, and the comfort collars only make it a more frustrating and tedious experience. Once I'm in I don't mind the shin restraints or lapbars at all.

That said, I do like these rides, and rate the one @ Compounce (with lapbars only) very highly. Very fun rides.

Electric Eel looks great, and locals should be excited to have a fun coaster close to home.

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:54 am

thrillseeker4552 wrote:
edgeboy wrote:Actually, as OTSs go, those look pretty comfortable. And I see no shin bar, so that's a plus. I've only been on SkyRockets with the lap bar, so I'm curious to see how this will compare.

There is a shin bar. Well, it’s more like a “pad” than a bar, just like every other Premier 2nd-gen train. Look closely.

Just confirming again that there will definitely be a shin guard here.

Side rant ahead:

IMO, Premier's trains have always been the worst features of all their coasters. Every single type of train they've offered is awful for some reason or another. They tend to go with a deep "bucket seat" design that when paired with the shin-guards ultimately gives your legs zero movement. I am tall and often get leg or hip cramps in Premier trains - I simply cannot sit comfortably or relaxed. They've got to rethink their trains and more specifically the seat-restraint interface. RMC has the same exact restraining system (floor-pivoting lap bar and shin guard), but it's somehow implemented so much better.

It will be funny for guests riding Electric Eel consecutively with Manta, which might have the most comfortable trains on the planet (and ironically are capable of performing the same maneuvers as Premier coasters).
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Hakugei|Skyrush
Lightning Rod|T Express|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby A.T.I » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:16 am

What is the actual function of shin guards on RMC and Premier coasters?
We were born to fly...

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby TM3988 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:44 am

This thing towers over Pet's Stadium. I wonder if they realized it would cast such a large shadow :shockr:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!