Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 177 - Animal Kingdom's 20th Anniversary Report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Re: Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thr

Postby Intimidator305 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:42 am

Animal Kingdom is still my favorite WDW park and the addition of Flight of Passage and the entire Pandora - The World of Avatar only helped that (even though I'm not a big fan of the movie). I'm excited to see what the next 20 years brings to the park!

Great photos from what seemed to be a fun 20th Anniversary celebration!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:15 am

Fantastic pics, and loved the video.

wow. .that interview with Joe is fascinating! (some good questions there, Robb, but really loved his responses about Kilimanjaro Safari, and how it relates to the "real" Africa).

thanks for sharing.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ElvisLuv » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:37 am

Intimidator305 wrote:Animal Kingdom is still my favorite WDW park and the addition of Flight of Passage and the entire Pandora - The World of Avatar only helped that (even though I'm not a big fan of the movie). I'm excited to see what the next 20 years brings to the park!

Great photos from what seemed to be a fun 20th Anniversary celebration!

All I thought after riding the fantastic Flight of Passage was Star Wars, Speeder Bike, Endor, Ewoks

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ratdogg68 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:04 pm

Great report, hoping to finally make it to Animal Kingdom, next year. It's the one park I have to get to before I die.
Let the Riding begin

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:06 pm

I haven't had a chance to watch the video yet since I'm at the office but the trip report was great!

As I **may** have mentioned to you once or twice I was blown away by absolutely everything at Animal Kingdom. It's an amazing park.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:31 pm

coasterbill wrote:As I **may** have mentioned to you once or twice I was blown away by absolutely everything at Animal Kingdom. It's an amazing park.

Don't lie. You were just paying lip service. You hated the place...

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:59 pm

cfc wrote:Hard to believe this park is already 20 years old. It's one of Disney's most beautiful creations, and they've steadily improved it.

I agree. It's just so different than what you usually see at a theme park, focusing on actually realistically re-creating a world region and not really putting a "fantasy" spin on it. I can't wait to check out Avatar, as previously I just hated that there wasn't more to do and the park always closed so early. Seems like they fixed that.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby DorneyKid14 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:27 pm

Awesome report Robb! Not sure how i feel with Chip and Dale getting new outfits as they are my favorite... Hopefully the outfits grow on me.

With my many visits to the park, i dont think ive ever seen the bird show before. That upsets me.
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:30 pm

DorneyKid14 wrote:Awesome report Robb! Not sure how i feel with Chip and Dale getting new outfits as they are my favorite... Hopefully the outfits grow on me.

Remember though, at Walt Disney World they have all kinds of special "themed costumes" in certain areas. You'll be able to find them in their normal costumes still in the other parks.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:29 am

Great report! What a special way for Animal Kingdom to celebrate the anniversary and Earth Day. Expedition Everest looks like a such a fun ride with so many details to take in. Joe Rohde is so well spoken he could talk about rocks or dust on a DVD and I'd be just as locked in as if he's talking about something Disney related. :mickey:
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!