Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 177 - Animal Kingdom's 20th Anniversary Report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thr

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:19 am

For those of you who have been on Flight of Passage, does the restraint come into contact with your ankle?

Sorry if that's a really odd question, but I'm nursing a bad ankle injury and have the chance to possibly visit the park next month. I think something like a B&M flyer ankle restraint that circles the ankle without coming into contact would be ok, but would be nervous if it compressed against it.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Disney California Adventure & Disneyland

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby necoastergp » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:00 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:For those of you who have been on Flight of Passage, does the restraint come into contact with your ankle?

Sorry if that's a really odd question, but I'm nursing a bad ankle injury and have the chance to possibly visit the park next month. I think something like a B&M flyer ankle restraint that circles the ankle without coming into contact would be ok, but would be nervous if it compressed against it.

No, it doesn’t compress against it.
Coasters: 106 (Steel:90 Wood:16) Parks:19

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:08 am

^^You'll be find. Heavier people or people with big ankles, it certainly would touch, but knowing your body type it will not touch.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:40 am

Thanks to you both!
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Disney California Adventure & Disneyland

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:05 am

last Friday night I did the que for Flight of Passage at the end of the night game and had the same results Robb has reported. Standbye que was posted at about 140 minutes, we got in line at 7:55, was in the lab by 8:45, off the attraction by 9:10, in the car at 9:20. Highly recommend going this route to experience the attraction and avoid the stand by line.

As for the attraction itself, holy cow that thing was really fun. I can't say anything about it that hasn't been said yet but I don't love simulators and that was a totally refreshing take on the format. Really fun ride that I'm looking forward to getting on again.

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:39 am

Hopefully I don't derail this thread by giving everyone a general report from a park that everyone in the world (except me) had been visiting for well over a decade but I'm still on an Animal Kingdom high and I can't help myself.

Obviously I have a trip report on the way but I just wanted to pop in real quick and ask where this park has been all my life. The other parks at Walt Disney World are beautiful and awesome, but this place makes them look like Conneaut Lake by comparison. It's stunning. We spent 2 days walking around with our jaws somewhere near ground level. Even without Pandora this place is on another level. With it, it's one of the best parks in America and possibly the world.

Oh... and Expedition Everest and Flight of Passage are some of the best rides I've ever ridden in my entire life.

I knew it would be a nice park but after going there I'm surprised that it seems to get far less attention in the community than some of the other parks at the resort (at least pre-Pandora). Every inch of this place is mind-blowing, and I still can't get over how much better it is (in my mind) than the other 3 parks. I like them all but this one is on another level, so much so that it completely caught us off guard. Tell me I'm not alone in this line of thinking...

Postby Hilltopper39 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:57 am

Yeah no you're not alone there, especially with the Pandora addition. There are some aspects of the park that are disappointing to me, well not disappointing just things that are totally fine but I wish were better overall. Regardless of that it's become similar to EPCOT in that I can go there for a whole day with nothing planned and just totally wing it and have a great day. Our past couple of trips to AK have been fantastic.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby KarlaKoaster » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:05 am

coasterbill wrote:Tell me I'm not alone in this line of thinking...

You are not alone. I think it's probably my favourite WDW park with Epcot a close second (I might be alone in THAT line of thinking, I never know if people love or hate Epcot). It's beautiful, has a lot of attractions you can do without queuing and the E-Tickets are also really good. I think my expectations for Flight of Passage were too high as it didn't blow me away, but I really liked it and honestly the only bit I don't like about AK is Dinoland which I will actually go so far as to say that I think it is one of the worst lands at any Disney park I can think of.

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby prospekt88 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:13 am

I personally agree. It has been my favorite WDW Park since they opened Everest, and I haven’t even been to Pandora yet. Do I wish Dinosaur was as good as Indy and Kali was worth the massive queue it always seems to have? Sure. But the safari and Everest along with the atmosphere, food/drinks, shows, and exhibits are all as good as it gets at a theme park. At least from my experience.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Bubba » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:51 am

coasterbill wrote:Hopefully I don't derail this thread by giving everyone a general report from a park that everyone in the world (except me) had been visiting for well over a decade but I'm still on an Animal Kingdom high and I can't help myself.

Obviously I have a trip report on the way but I just wanted to pop in real quick and ask where this park has been all my life. The other parks at Walt Disney World are beautiful and awesome, but this place makes them look like Conneaut Lake by comparison. It's stunning. We spent 2 days walking around with our jaws somewhere near ground level. Even without Pandora this place is on another level. With it, it's one of the best parks in America and possibly the world.

Oh... and Expedition Everest and Flight of Passage are some of the best rides I've ever ridden in my entire life.

I knew it would be a nice park but after going there I'm surprised that it seems to get far less attention in the community than some of the other parks at the resort (at least pre-Pandora). Every inch of this place is mind-blowing, and I still can't get over how much better it is (in my mind) than the other 3 parks. I like them all but this one is on another level, so much so that it completely caught us off guard. Tell me I'm not alone in this line of thinking...

I'm glad you had a great time! I had my first Pandora visit in November and I honestly find myself often daydreaming about Pandora & my Volcano Bay visit the most out of the whole trip. Animal Kingdom is such a beautiful park and would easily be my top favorite with just about 2 more rides. It's easy to be amazed yet relaxed in such a lush park. We caught a seat at Flaming Tree BBQ right on the water & watched some of the water show, nice way to end the night.

edit: I forgot to mention... FOP's queue is just jaw-dropping. I had a drink before I entered and stood in a two hour line. Wow, a line has never passed by so quickly. Even the outdoor portion once you enter is just amazing. I was mesmerized by the mountain and plants, I didn't even want to go into the cave until I had too. Of course, it only got better once I entered the cave. Great job Disney! That long line just needs a restroom though lol.
Last edited by Bubba on Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:18 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!