Knoebels Discussion Thread

Pg 415: 2019 flat ride announced Tumbling Timbers
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby netdvn » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:42 am

ntweisen wrote:This has got to be the record for the worlds longest construction.

http://www.rcdb.com/1870.htm
Orphan Rocker beats it by about 18 years... :lolr:

Flying Turns is based off of a defunct ride concept and Knoebels is just trying to get the bugs fixed out of it. Chances are there are a LOT of bugs to fix so it's gonna take a while before this thing actually opens to the public...
Artwork - Facebook - Flickr - DeviantART - Instagram -Geauga Lake Reborn! M&M's World - Don't look back as you brave the Black Forest BGW/KD Crowd Calendar

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Homeboy23 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:01 am

^ Wow and that is still not open after 20 years? I wonder if they finally just scrapped it.

Anyway, I would hope Flying Turns would be open by next year.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby netdvn » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:35 am

^ Nope! The ride is still standing and still under construction... Sad because it actually looks like a really fun ride. Especially going that turn going over the cliff...
Artwork - Facebook - Flickr - DeviantART - Instagram -Geauga Lake Reborn! M&M's World - Don't look back as you brave the Black Forest BGW/KD Crowd Calendar

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby technfxrick » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:39 am

Actually Vertigorama might hold the record
http://www.rcdb.com/1506.htm

Thats been under construction for 27 years. Track's done, Just no electrical system

New Coasters 101
Parks 84

Flight of James: Ride of Steel the Revenge

Postby jamesdillaman » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:31 am

^ I don't believe SBNO qualifies as still underconstruction. The other one has had work done as recently as 2004 and is listed by RCDB as "under construction" not "SBNO since 1983"

Anyway, I hope knobels can get all the kinks ironed out. If it does open, I'll try to get there within the first couple weeks, because I have a feeling it will be closed for refurbishment fairly quickly and fairly often, if they keep it operating at all.

-James Dillaman

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Ccron10 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:20 pm

At this point I'd hate to see the construction costs on this thing. I'm at the point at emailing the park and seeing what is holding them up and what they still need to complete.
If anyone is going to Knoebels tomorrow, hopefully we might find out what's going on.

No Discernible Talent Whatsoever!

Postby King of Ka » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:25 pm

Ccron10 wrote:I'm at the point at emailing the park and seeing what is holding them up and what they still need to complete.

Personally, I think the people at the park are tired of constantly having people ask them, "When is Flying Turns going to be done???" and have already said multiple times that "the ride will be done when it's done." I don't think there's much else they could tell you beyond what they've posted on the site.

That said, I'm definitely hoping for a positive update at PPP!

(22:06:18) ajc47: who are the obnoxious ones? (22:07:16) tatertot3710: Mr. Starr, jeremie, deathbydinn

Postby tatertot3710 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:05 am

^ I agree. On Facebook, for almost every message they post, there's usually at least one comment on FT. A few times I've responded telling the people that the park's doing it's best and it will be open when it's ready. And I can't imagine the amount of emails they get asking them when it will be ready.
Last Credit: Stinger (Dorney Park, 4/28) -- Bringing coaster count to 83

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby mightypotato » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:06 am

Flying Turns is quickly turning into the roller coaster equivalent of Duke Nukem Forever.

However, I really want to see this completed, operational and successful. But then again, I said that about Duke Nukem Forever back in 1999.
Parks: 55, Steel: 234, Wood: 72, Total: 306
I ain't afraid of no rollycoaster!

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Jim S. » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:23 am

Mike Boodley of GCI fame is now on the FT team. In what capacity, and since when, I have no idea. Dick didn't elaborate, and nobody bothered to ask.

Dick said that the first of the next-generation trains is supposed to arrive in two weeks, although I think I've heard that before. He also said that he'd open it in December if it was ready. I think I heard that two years ago.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!