Knoebels Discussion Thread

Pg 442: Park Reopening July 1!!!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Knoebels Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:36 pm

Too far away for us. :( But good for them.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby tanthonyam » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:00 pm

Does this park require a reservation?

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby JG-77 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:07 pm

Reservations are not required, but Knoebels may limit wristbands, camping reservations, and parking spaces if they believe there is a risk of exceeding capacity.

Here's what they say regarding capacity mangement: https://www.knoebels.com/plan/safe-play
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:06 am

The Covered Bridge Festival has been cancelled.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Mike240SX » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:59 pm

Decided to take a drive to Knoebel's today before Emperor Wolf starts shutting things down again in PA. Splurged for the All-Day Wristband and probably got my money's worth out of it - 2 rides each on Phoenix and Twister, and single rides on: Haunted Mansion, Black Diamond, StratosFear, the Flyers, Cosmotron, Paratrooper, Roto-Jets, the main Carousel (grabbed a ring!), Skyway, Whipper, Skooter, Motorboats, and Gasoline Alley. Pretty much every adult flat that was open except for Round Up (just wasn't feeling it today) and Satellite (too much multi-directional spinning for me). I also skipped the log flume since it looked like people were getting drenched.

All in all, a much better time that I had here in 2017, when I walked away totally unimpressed. Twister is awesome (I originally was not a fan), and the park really does have a magic to it. Some of these rides, man... StratosFear is insane...not that tall but just feels like you're going to keep falling forever. Cosmotron is an awesome trip, but could use some AC in the building. The Whip seemed slower than Dorney's but much more forceful. I managed to complete the entire lap on the Motorboats without hitting anything.

The heat was starting to get to me after about 4 hours, so I took off, but it was well worth the 3 hour drive each way.

That said, Cesari's Pizza was meh. Yeah, it's good for amusement park pizza, but coming from a Jersey shore pizza snob who's used to 3 Brothers, Jonuzi's, and Mack's...not that great. Too much sauce I think. The cheesesteak from the round food stand near Cesari's was also meh, but the Oreo Sundae from the ice cream place right near there was awesome.

Crowds were pretty much nonexistant; didn't wait more than 5 minutes for anything. The pool, however, was packed (to be expected with 88 degree ambient). Good compliance on masks if you care about that sort of thing, and some employees were very adamant (almost angry) when they saw someone not wearing it properly. Kinda surprising from a park that initially said "if we see you without a mask, we're going to assume you have a medical condition and not ask you about it" before the governor mandated masks outside.

Did they ever have an Action-Park-style Alpine Slide on the mountain? While riding the SkyRide I couldn't help but think that adding a few lanes of those would make this the perfect park, and the "oh well if you get hurt" nature of them would fit right in.

Next trip, maybe Dorney on Friday.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 150
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Steel Vengeance, Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:35 am

^I don't think they ever had an alpine slide, but I would also love to see one built there!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:52 am

SharkTums wrote:^I don't think they ever had an alpine slide, but I would also love to see one built there!

That would be awesome, but it has to be an old school concrete trough slide, not one of these fancy new ones where your car is connected to the rails and it's actually safe. None of that nonsense, I want scraped elbows and the fear of actual bodily harm on my scenic slide down the mountain.

(just kidding, mostly, an alpine coaster would be cool there)

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Mike240SX » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:10 am

No, no, no to an Alpine Coaster. It has to be a legit, 1970s-style, Alpine Slide, where death awaits.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 150
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Steel Vengeance, Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby JT325 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:56 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:
SharkTums wrote:^I don't think they ever had an alpine slide, but I would also love to see one built there!

That would be awesome, but it has to be an old school concrete trough slide, not one of these fancy new ones where your car is connected to the rails and it's actually safe. None of that nonsense, I want scraped elbows and the fear of actual bodily harm on my scenic slide down the mountain.

Thank you Thank you Thank you! Some of my coaster friends are going wild over the newer Alpine Slide/coasters things - and I do like them, they're fun. But nothing compared to the old concrete ones. It seems we always would find those awesome concrete ones on coaster/road trips. Most gone now.

Same thing goes with water slides. If I want fun, I can go to any modern water park - a blast (hello Holiday World & Splashin' Safari - top notch!). But take those old (but well maintained) simple dated water slides at Conneaut. Holy cow, now that's a thrill ride. Same thing goes with most rides, I figure.

Rides have always been safe (with obvious exceptions), but people don't like taking responsibility for their action. Or following rules.
Cedar Point Frontier Lift 2020

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:42 am

That ridge that the Scenic Skyway goes up is really steep... It would be cool but I don't think it would be suitable for a mountain coaster or alpine slide.

Now, Knoebels with a Bobkart? Whoo boy.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Follow me on Instagram for perfectly adequate theme park photos!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!