Knoebels Discussion Thread

Pg 442: Park Reopening July 1!!!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Re: Knoebels Discussion Thread

Postby Jason Maier » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:00 pm

RideWoodenCoasters wrote:^Just curious, what does your typical list of rides on a Knoebels day look like (in general terms)?

Well when I went twice last year (opening weekend which turned out to be a 4pm rainout and once last September); those were days when I was able to get the ride all day passes/bands.

I was able to do Phoenix a dozen times, Twister 7 times, Impulse 4 times. Plus a bunch of the flats which I didn't keep count of.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby RideWoodenCoasters » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:11 pm

Thanks! So those coasters would be 69 tickets. With 11 more tickets for flats, 80 tickets which would be $64 at Weis.

Maybe consider the difference a worthwhile donation to help the park.

Just a thought.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:56 pm

I appreciate the quick change of direction from Knoebels
Knoebels.jpg
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:25 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good for them. I appreciate that they tried to have faith in humanity for a second there. That was adorable.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby tndank » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:32 am

Seems to dumb to not put it up yesterday if that's what they wanted.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby Mike240SX » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:34 am

In the defense of Knoebel's original policy, the Governor of PA has mandated that masks be worn in public places effective today, so I'm not sure how much of the change was their choice.
Last edited by Mike240SX on Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:18 am.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 145
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:15 am

tndank wrote:Seems to dumb to not put it up yesterday if that's what they wanted.

They thought people would be decent humans and not show up claiming fake medical conditions by the thousands. I agree that trusting people to not be horrible was naive but I’m not mad at them for their optimism I guess. :lol:

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby JT325 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:45 pm

^Yes! They gave people an opportunity and they took advantage. Very kind of the park to try to work with people.

Personally, I don't want to wear a facemask all day at a park, so I'm not going this year. If it's still happening next year, I'll reevaluate what I want to do. Rules are rules.
Cedar Point Frontier Lift 2020

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:58 pm

Mike240SX wrote:In the defense of Knoebel's original policy, the Governor of PA has mandated that masks be worn in public places effective today, so I'm not sure how much of the change was their choice.

I suspect this as well. If anyone has gone recently, I'd love to hear about it... Seems like Knoebels' lack of a traditional single entrance / access point would make the rule more difficult to enforce.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Follow me on Instagram for perfectly adequate theme park photos!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby ScreaminNewEngland » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:10 am

A.J. wrote:
Mike240SX wrote:In the defense of Knoebel's original policy, the Governor of PA has mandated that masks be worn in public places effective today, so I'm not sure how much of the change was their choice.

I suspect this as well. If anyone has gone recently, I'd love to hear about it... Seems like Knoebels' lack of a traditional single entrance / access point would make the rule more difficult to enforce.

Since the pandemic began I’ve visited Magic Springs, Alabama Adventure, HP and Knoebels. Shockingly, Knoebels was by far doing the most to keep the park clean. Rides go down atleast once an hour for cleaning, every employee is wearing some kind of mask or face shield and new sanitizing stations all over the place. There’s also distance markers placed in every queue, which most people were surprisingly obeying. Not that the other three parks weren’t doing a good job, Knoebels just seemed to be going above and beyond which was awesome to see.

The only sad part about it all is they are assigning rows for twister and Phoenix to help reduce clutter in the station and space the rows out. Requests for front or back are not accepted.
Yankee Cannonball <3

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!