Knoebels Discussion Thread

Pg 442: Park Reopening July 1!!!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Re: Knoebels Discussion Thread

Postby JG-77 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:54 am

True, but I think the sight of the que spilling out into the midway keeps more people from joining since they judge the wait to be longer than it is, and thus keeps the wait a reasonable 20min for those who do join.
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:01 am

^ Secretly I like how that may deter people from joining, but then again, Twister has a long queue (in terms of length) and that ride has a similarly long wait on busy days.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Nickelodeon Universe (MN) & Family Kingdom

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Pedrinho » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:12 am

Well, you have to admit that a Phoenix queue that is 15 Minutes would be about an hour in many other parks, maybe two hours in Holiday Park's Expedition GeForce.
So a 15 Minute queue is a lot of people. But I'll be glad to wait in a newly designed infield queue as soon as I'm back to Knoebels!
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

Postby cal1br3tto » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:07 am

A.J. wrote:Another thing that apparently came out of a recent presentation from the park is that Impulse is receiving new trains that will allow riders from 48" to 52" to ride without booster seats.

It was cool enough that they had booster seats to begin with--this is even better!

bill_s wrote:Hopefully that's not the only improvement to those restraints. Ouch.

Agreed. I think I might be one of the only people who just doesn't like Impulse at all.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby tndank » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:22 am

I've never seen a coaster with booster seats. Anyone got a pic? I've never seen something like that. Pretty cool.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:43 am

tndank wrote:I've never seen a coaster with booster seats. Anyone got a pic? I've never seen something like that. Pretty cool.

Here you go, courtesy of Chris' visit back in 2015 on his blog...

Another example, when Mission Space got its recent renovation, they added booster seats to the non-spinning Green Team so that smaller children could ride.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Follow me on Instagram for perfectly adequate theme park photos!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Postby bert425 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:51 am

tndank wrote:I've never seen a coaster with booster seats. Anyone got a pic? I've never seen something like that. Pretty cool.

google "Knoebel's Impulse Booster Seat". . . images will come up with the seat on the coaster
Last edited by bert425 on Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:03 pm.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby tndank » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:59 am

Cool. I looked at some photos but I don't think I realized what I was looking at. That's pretty neat.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby linearinduction » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:05 pm

tndank wrote:Cool. I looked at some photos but I don't think I realized what I was looking at. That's pretty neat.
You can thank Lagoon for the Booster Seats and the New ART Trains.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Don't You Know Who I Am? LagoonisFun.com

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby JT325 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:27 am

linearinduction wrote:You can thank Lagoon for the Booster Seats and the New ART Trains.

What are ART trains? Anyone have a picture of the new trains? I'm wondering why they replaced the trains only after a few years. Like many new coasters, I rode Impulse while holding the lap bar away from me, as it gets too tight. (Just a comment, I'm sure lots of people like a tight lap bar).
Cedar Point Frontier Lift 2020

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!