Knoebels Discussion Thread

Pg 415: 2019 flat ride announced Tumbling Timbers
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Re: Knoebels Discussion Thread

Postby coneyislandchris » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:10 am

^^^ I'm all about them potato cakes. Must-eat for me every time I'm there. They moved the stand this year so now you can get them right on the main midway section.
That coaster dad [336] and that coaster kiddo [218]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Raptor. Twisted Timbers. Fury 325.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:56 am

larrygator wrote:
boldikus wrote:This is always a popular and welcomed topic. I know about the pizza & the perogies, TRPers tell me what else I must eat at Knoebels during my first ever visit?

Hasn't Bill already given you the rundown?

As someone who has eaten good pizza (Macks), don't expect Cesari's to be close to that level.

If you get there early before the park opens rides, get a French Toast meals at the International Food Court
At Totem Treats, I like the corn nuggets, my niece loves the fried pickles (not my thing). Cheese on a stick has not been the same for 3-4 years. Still good, but not exceptionally since they made changes.
Across from the Satelite ride pad is frozen sweet tea (if that sounds appealing)
Fresh grilled corn in the husk, opposite the log flume

Yes of course he has, and we're going together. But I know TPR loves this park and just wanted other suggestions as well. I feel like I need a few days to eat all the good food at this park and quite frankly I might be more excited about the food than the ride offerings. lol

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, everything sounds incredibly good. Frozen sweet tea and fried pickles are definitely in my wheelhouse. I heard the pork chop on a stick is good (from a non-enthusiast friend who frequents the park).

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby I Like Theme Parks. » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:49 am

I’d also recommend the supreme sweeties (international food court), the apple cider slush from the apple stand across from Sattelite, and the French fry stand next to Power Surge, which is much better than Potato Patch. Also the boom shakalaka burger (Phoenix junction) is great if you get it as a chicken sandwich.
Top 3 Parks: Knoebels, Dollywood, Cedar Point
Top 3 Steel Coasters: Steel Vengeance, Phantom's Revenge, Skyrush
Top 3 Wood Coasters: Voyage, Lightning Rod, El Toro
Top 3 Flat Rides: Knoebels Flyers, Zipper, It
185 coasters

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby Lemur » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:41 am

boldikus wrote: I heard the pork chop on a stick is good (from a non-enthusiast friend who frequents the park).

I can confirm this. It's deceptively simple - a thick center cut chop, skewered, season with Lawry's Season Salt and grilled. But man, is it good. There's a deluxe option with apples (or there used to be, haven't been in a couple of years) that is also very good but unnecessary.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby swfan1988 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:59 am

I had the boom-shak-alaka at the Phoenix Junction and it was GREAT!!! I'm not a canoli person but the ones at the Cookie Nook were very good too.
I don't work for a theme park, but I wish I did! (Except Six Flags...)
Wooden Faves: 1. PHOENIX!!!! 2. Timber Terror 3. Timber Terror 4. Timber Terror...
Steel Faves: 1. Hersheypark's Wild Mouse :lol: 2. Corkscrew (at Silverwood) :lmao: 3. Everything Else!

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby MisterBrow » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:38 pm

Cesari's gets a boost in taste being in Knoebels like a hot dog does at a ball park. Tastes like being there. The good pierogis taste like what it feels like being there.

I double fist the sour apple and apple cider slushes. Can't choose between them.
Meister Brau just wants a path from CC to SM at SFA, meal plan burrito, some shade, and a restroom back there.

2019- Macho Nacho CHECK Restroom by Super CHECK!
New wish: New trains on ME

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Genx24 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:16 pm

Definitely go with a pork chop on a stick, it's always delicious and tender.

If you're an ice cream guy, hit up the Old Mill for either a massive sundae or an ice cream sandwich made with Pop Tarts.
20190805_163944.jpg
Bliss.
Total Coasters: 140

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:07 pm

Genx24 wrote:
If you're an ice cream guy, hit up the Old Mill for either a massive sundae or an ice cream sandwich made with Pop Tarts.

I saw that 2 weeks ago and just couldn't do it.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:21 pm

^/^^ Looks intense!
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DILinator » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:21 pm

So, it's that time of year again, where I dream about going to Knoebels, due to their famous PPP event! However, it's been a couple years since I've given it serious thought, so refresh my memory... What is the deal with PPP again? I know that it's an event on Saturday the 5th that is open to everybody, but isn't there an enthusiast only part of the event as well? Perhaps on Friday the 4th? If somebody could catch me up to speed on the details of that, as I can't seem to find much online regarding the enthusiast aspect of the event. Thanks!

Also, if I don't go during PPP, but go on a different weekend this Fall, I see there are Day Passes on Saturdays then. However, it mentioned there are a "selection of rides open." Does anybody have any insight into what that usually means? I'm assuming the coasters will still all run, but I'd hate to miss any of the great flats, too! Thanks again, for any and all insight!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!