Knoebels Discussion Thread

Pg 415: 2019 flat ride announced Tumbling Timbers
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Knoebels Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:23 am

Yeah I've ridden it on weekends in past years no problem.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Heide Park & Toverland

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:21 am

Highridin wrote:See, I want in in that. I'll double check before I leave. I may actually be able to go on Friday, but not until about 4.

Sweet, if you do that, they offer a discounted evening wristband. I'm having a hard time finding information on it, since they only sell the evening one at the park, but IIRC, it was around $30, whereas the all day is $45. I think it starts at 5, so if you get there at 4, you can do Haunted Mansion, Fascination, museums, gift shops, and dinner until the wristband starts. If you get there earlier than that, just get the all day wristband.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Highridin » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:58 pm

coasterbill wrote:They don’t close the Haunted Mansion on weekends. I don’t know where that’s coming from.

That's good news. A guy on my IG chat said that. Didn't make sense, so I asked in here. Thanks for that info. I can't wait to go in 3 weeks.
Top 3 steel: Skyrush, Twisted Timbers, I305
Top 3 wood: El Toro, Twister, Wild One

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Highridin » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:02 pm

They have a military ticket program. $40 in free tickets. I'm thinking of squeezing Great Adventure in this trip too.

=)
Top 3 steel: Skyrush, Twisted Timbers, I305
Top 3 wood: El Toro, Twister, Wild One

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby disownedpear » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:34 pm

Monday and Tuesday everything was a walk on it was incredible. Mildly interesting story about the flyers, me and my partner were able to find an operator who would not slow the wheel under any circumstances, leading to by far the craziest snapping I've ever had, I got knocked so hard I couldn't keep my hands on the sail. We rode it all day whenever he was operating it.

Fast forward to Wednesday, I get on the ride with the same op and he walks over and basically says "Maintenance had to fix four of the vehicles yesterday, so they checked the camera footage and saw that I was letting you guys do that, and I've been told not to. I wish I could let you do it but I can't."

Dude was really nice I wish they would just let the ride run the way it's designed. Anybody know any good tips on how to get good ops on this thing? There was one dude who was really strict but then like 10 minutes before closing I asked since we were the only people on it if we could do it, and he said yes and sent us on a 5 minute cycle of insanity. But short of that I can't think of a way to guarantee you'll get a fast ride.

Also that haunted house was terrifying and amazing wish I hadn't missed it on my past visits.
The Knoebels flyers are the greatest thrill ride ever made. If anyone sees Harry at the park can you tell him I'm sorry for breaking his ride and getting him in trouble.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:00 pm

disownedpear wrote:Dude was really nice I wish they would just let the ride run the way it's designed. Anybody know any good tips on how to get good ops on this thing?

You answered your own question.

Fast forward to Wednesday, I get on the ride with the same op and he walks over and basically says "Maintenance had to fix four of the vehicles yesterday..."

If they really did have to repair four vehicles (that you probably rode in) because of those insane cycles, then the ride was definitely not operating as designed. It's super-awesome that Knoebels operators know that people like to ride that way, but think about all the disappointed guests that might not have been able to ride Wednesday if they weren't able to complete their repairs.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Postby disownedpear » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:12 pm

I don't know the extend of the damage to the vehicles, It could have been something really small for all I know. But yeah if it seriously damages them that would be a problem, but I think since the ride has been running for almost 80 years the same way that they think it's not a problem. I've never seen the flyers closed, I of course wouldn't want to ruin a day for an entire park just so I could snap around.
The Knoebels flyers are the greatest thrill ride ever made. If anyone sees Harry at the park can you tell him I'm sorry for breaking his ride and getting him in trouble.

Postby disownedpear » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:34 pm

A.J. wrote:It's super-awesome that Knoebels operators know that people like to ride that way.

Yeah, I was extremely grateful for those operators, they pretty much made our trip. I got two "Way to Go!" things from guest services and gave them to the guy who told me about the damage and the guy who ran the 5 minute cycle. For people who don't know what that is, If there's any employee you think is doing an exemplary job you can tell guest services and they'll give you a coin sized wood circle with "Way to Go!" on it, and then you give it to the employee and they can exchange it for cash I think? Most people don't know about it so it really makes the ops happy I would certainly recommend.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:50 pm

Oh that's awesome! I had no idea they did that. There were several awesome employees at Knoebels I totally would have wood coined if I had known.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Jim S. » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:04 am

I was there last night and the Flyer op was slowing it down whenever anyone started snapping, but he did NOT ever say a single word to anyone about it, turned it back up later, and gave decently long rides. This seems like a good compromise solution and I hope it continues.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!