Knoebels Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I poke manatees in the butt.

Re: Knoebels Discussion Thread

Postby Jcoaster » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:31 pm

*Double post*
Last edited by Jcoaster on Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:32 pm.
Lightening Rod/Skyrush/El Toro/I305/Superman: The Ride/ Twisted Timbers/Storm Chaser/ Apollo's Chariot/Phoenix/Boulder Dash

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:32 pm

Definitely do the Yuengling Brewery Tour here is a Photo TR I did a couple years back http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72115&hilit=Knoebels+Yuengling

Larry I loved tbe Bayern Curve when I went to Kennywood. It is crazy intense.

The retracking for Phoenix is going to be glorious. Can’t wait to take a spin this summer.
Lightening Rod/Skyrush/El Toro/I305/Superman: The Ride/ Twisted Timbers/Storm Chaser/ Apollo's Chariot/Phoenix/Boulder Dash

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:02 pm

^Thanks for the awesome TR. I remember reading it when you originally posted it, which was the original inspiration for us to eventually go to the brewery.

Philrad71 wrote:Can't speak for what else there is to do in Pottsville around the brewery though. In driving in and out of town, it appeared to be your typical blue-collar, redneck coal-mining Pennsylvania town. IE: settled in hilly terrain with a lot of lower to middle income housing, lots of Dollar General/Dollar Tree stores & a couple of Sheetz stores/gas stations sprinkled in for good measure.

God, Emily and I love driving through towns and looking at the tell tale signs of shadyness. Quick loan places, tire shops, run down fast food places, small used car lots, run down looking bars, check cashing establishments, convenience marts, and what you mentioned. Toss in a few gun shots and the smell of weed coming from every other car on the roadway and it's just like the small city I work for. I'll feel right at home...

Postby Philrad71 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:57 pm

^ In that case, Pottsville will be right up your alley. :lol:

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:37 pm

prozach626 wrote:God, Emily and I love driving through towns and looking at the tell tale signs of shadyness. Quick loan places, tire shops, run down fast food places, small used car lots, run down looking bars, check cashing establishments, convenience marts, and what you mentioned. Toss in a few gun shots and the smell of weed coming from every other car on the roadway and it's just like the small city I work for. I'll feel right at home...

Having been through that town a few times (a few times too many), this is truth. You do have one of the coolest run down looking bars anywhere though.

Postby prozach626 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:40 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
prozach626 wrote:God, Emily and I love driving through towns and looking at the tell tale signs of shadyness. Quick loan places, tire shops, run down fast food places, small used car lots, run down looking bars, check cashing establishments, convenience marts, and what you mentioned. Toss in a few gun shots and the smell of weed coming from every other car on the roadway and it's just like the small city I work for. I'll feel right at home...

Having been through that town a few times (a few times too many), this is truth. You do have one of the coolest run down looking bars anywhere though.

Fast Eddies, eh?

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:46 pm

You know it. So great and also awful. Love places like that.

Postby prozach626 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:32 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:You know it. So great and also awful. Love places like that.

Quite a variety of people. God help you if you go on a weekend. If you ever find yourself there again, hit me up.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:03 pm

Will do, that'd be fun.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Habreno » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:06 pm

coasterbill wrote:
prozach626 wrote:The down side that I see is that we won't be able to ride all of the classic wooden coasters after their fresh re-tracks, but I'm sure they'll still be plenty smooth compared to most parks. Of course we all Knoebels is great at their wooden coaster maintenance, but I've heard KW is also top notch.

Phoenix and Twister run like they're brand new every single day of the year. You're fine. There's no such thing as a rough ride on either of them unless you're a complete bitch and think Twister is rough (believe it or not some people actually find it rough... actual, honest-to-god real people that live among us). It "is" aggressive, but not rough. Phoenix is B&M smooth on a classic wood coaster. :lol:

Twister, last I rode it, was a fair bit rougher than when it was new. It's not quite incredibly rough, it's still an enjoyable ride, but it's a fair bit rougher than it was when it was new.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!