Fuji-Q Highlands Discussion Thread

P. 122: Large new coaster coming to Fuji-Q in Summer 2022
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Re: Fuji-Q Highlands Discussion Thread

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:58 am

DoDoDonpa 100% lived up to the hype and the launch is unlike any other coaster element (airtime, zero g, lateral, etc) in that it is just best described as pure bliss. Following the launch the dip down provides a great pop of air and the loop pulls some serious g's at the bottom while giving some hangtime at the top. Since the trains use real tires it is bouncy at times so depending on your tolerance that will effect how much you like it. It's not a jackhammer by any means.

Make the visit to ride it if you can you will not be disappointed! Also it shoots fire at night. :lmao:
20191009_155026.jpg
20191009_174656.jpg
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:22 am

^ There's nothing quite like the anticipation for that launch once you hear the "LAUNCH TIME" audio.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- NASCAR SpeedPark & Carowinds- Fall

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby i305isdaddy » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:25 pm

Yea we were lucky enough to ride her last month and damn, that "LAUNCH TIME!" audio is legendary. What a ride.

And yes it's extremely bumpy, especially in the back row.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:33 am

The parent company of Fuji-Q Highland has announced that a new large coaster will debut at the park in the Summer of 2022! For reference, this addition will cost approximately 3.6 billion yen which puts it on par with how much was spent to build Eejanaika in 2006

img_0035_11.jpg
Photo credit: Bert425

https://www.fujikyu.co.jp/data/news_pdf/pdf_file2_783.pdf

Fujikyuko Co., Ltd. (Address: Koichirou Horiuchi, President: Fujiyoshida City, Yamanashi Prefecture) Has announced that it will introduce a new large coaster in the summer of 2022

Overview of the new coaster

Name: TBD
Investment amount: Approximately 3.6 billion yen
    Reference:
  • FUJIYAMA (opened in 1996) about 3 billion yen
  • Dodonpa (opened in 2001) About 3 billion yen
  • Eejanaika(opened in 2006) About 3.6 billion yen
  • Takabisha (opened in 2011) About 3 billion yen
  • Do Dodonpa (opened in 2017) Approximately 1.5 billion yen (*) (*) "Dodonpa" renewal amount)

Scheduled to open: July 2022 (planned) The name and details will be announced separately as soon as they are determined.
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:39 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby Garet » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:42 am

I'd insert a joke about how low capacity it will be, but my visits to Fuji have been steadily getting better and better and most of their coasters when they opened were record-breakers (although I still don't understand how Eejanaika's inversion were counted) or looked pretty unique (the pretezl loop shuttle, the indoor shooting thing) l, so I'm really curious what will show up.
IMG_0018.JPG
IMG_0019.JPG

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby scooterdoug » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:48 am

^I'm with you on the inversion count. I visited in 2007, and simply couldn't see how one would say that there are 14 inversions. Even being generous with some of the ambiguous parts (the full-full and half-half), and even throwing in the overbank turn and initial rotation out of the station, that's still only 7 inversions. It's a mystery to me.
Aikido: Why fight when you can flow?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:56 am

I wonder if it will go where the Tidal Wave type ride is near Eejanaika?

as I noted in my TR from the day we were there? . there were several closed attractions over there and I wondered out loud if something new/new theming was going to come in over there.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:32 am

Investment amount: Approximately 3.6 billion yen

Reference:
  • Eejanaika(opened in 2006) About 3.6 billion yen

Given how big of an investment it is in conjunction with the park's fairly steady improvement, I'll definitely be keeping my eye on what develops.
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:50 am

I'm happy for Fuji Q! Please just be a coaster that holds more than 8 people per train. Really curious to see where it goes and who they are partnering with!
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:29 am

I just can't be excited for this until we have more information. Hoping for the best though!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!