Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1304 - Catwoman Whip Coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Fisherman » Fri May 19, 2006 9:19 pm

I miss my Dungeon Drop... :cry:

Looks nice in the new colors though.

-Derek

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Sat May 20, 2006 3:18 am

Freefallbestrideever wrote:Awesome, so i'm guessing alot of parks are getting SFAW old stuff :?r How much better are Intamin drop towers compared to S&S? :airtimer:

WAAAAAAAY better!!!! The speed on the S&S towers is controlled, so you get a quick acceleration on the top but after a very short while it just moves downwards with what seems like constant speed and the effect of falling is gone. The cars on Intamin towers are rolling on vertical tracks and are only affected by gravity once they are realesed. Because of this the speed just keeps increasing until you hit the brakes!

S&S towers are like observation towers compared to Intamin's tower rides!

Idiot.

Postby Stitch » Sat May 20, 2006 3:28 am

I see Louis Lane's legs! :lover: :lmao:
I don't post here enough to warrant a signature.

¡Vamos a Seis Banderas!

Postby pvcoasterguy » Sat May 20, 2006 12:45 pm

The Intamin Giant Drop is one of the rides that still freaks me out. Every time I'm at the top of the tower, I still get scared. The ride itself is amazing- the air is great and so is the drop feeling.

Other rides that scare me:

1) Summit Plummit
2) Deja Vu

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Freefallbestrideever » Sat May 20, 2006 10:52 pm

viking86 wrote:
Freefallbestrideever wrote:Awesome, so i'm guessing alot of parks are getting SFAW old stuff :?r How much better are Intamin drop towers compared to S&S? :airtimer:

WAAAAAAAY better!!!! The speed on the S&S towers is controlled, so you get a quick acceleration on the top but after a very short while it just moves downwards with what seems like constant speed and the effect of falling is gone. The cars on Intamin towers are rolling on vertical tracks and are only affected by gravity once they are realesed. Because of this the speed just keeps increasing until you hit the brakes!

S&S towers are like observation towers compared to Intamin's tower rides!

:airtimer: :airtimer: OMG!! That is exactly how i feel about Supreme Scream, starts good and then it just sucks and terminal velocity catches up with i'm guessing, that's why i like Freefall better. Can't wait to ride an intamin tower one day!

Macaroni and Donkey

Spinning Coaster for 2007! Six Flags St. Louis Shapiro visit

Postby sixflagstloldschool » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:41 am

Shapiro will be at the park around the 14th of this month! Some are saying earlier so he can drop in for a SURPRISE visit to the park, that way he can see what is actually going on at the park! Lawn, Landscape, Bathrooms, are his pet peaves and is known to fire on the spot if things are not the way of the new "Six Flags Family Park".

I my self would love to tell him to donate half of his salary to update our park to the likeliness of SFOG and SFOT, and the Piss POOR upgrade of new family rides is a down right embaresement to call our BBNP an addition of Family Rides compared to other parks in the SF system. Of all the additions here in STL 2 of the rides included in our package can be classified as a family ride! The mini Disc-o and Martian Rocket that goes around in a circle! Family Rides should be classified as the WHOLE Family and not just Half participating in the same ride vehicle!

Also--------The Sherword Forest Theatre next to Excalibur and the Caroseul, looks like they will be getting rid of this theatre in place of a new Spinning Family Coaster like SFNE Pandomoneum or a spinning Mouse!

Why they cant put something in the 100 acres to the east of the park around Tidle Wave Back in the Grave Yard Area!

AWESOME-O-SAURUS!!!

Postby Homer » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:22 pm

News report, linkage? :?r
-My butt has touched 112 roller coasters, how unfortunate.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby sixflagstloldschool » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:54 pm

Homer wrote:News report, linkage? :?r

No news report! Just from a few of the employees at a web site at www.sfstl.net

Direct link: http://www.sfstl.net/forumsv2/index.php?topic=349.0 And there are some good credible sources that work at the park that have confirmed the rumor Screamscape got.

And about Shapiro:http://www.sfstl.net/forumsv2/index.php?topic=349.0

Same thing! :b

I have taken a few of the pics for the tower opening and others and they are posted at the site. Not my site but love the Old School SF parks, and love to take pics and post them here there and everywhere, Going the fourth of July and hope not to crowded for some new pics!!!

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby St.LouisBOI » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:52 pm

^ Yup, I heard that management people were there by the theater discussing about new additions next year for the 2007 season. And didn't Shapiro already visit our park when he was doing his SF tour? Hmm...maybe he likes the park? ;)

Besides, we're due up for a new coaster...even if it's not what I exactly was looking for, a spinning coaster would just be fine.
Looks like SFSTL is getting one of those spinning coasters for next year.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:11 pm

Here's a summary of the quotes from Mark Shapiro in the news report that is sure to be written:

"New half assed parade! I rock for making that decision because families are important."

"More characters!!! I also rock for making that decision because previous management neglected the family market"

"I <3 comparing Six Flags to Disneyland"

"Did I mention how we have to be more family friendly in order to be successful again?"

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!