Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1304 - Catwoman Whip Coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Fri May 19, 2006 2:44 pm

Cool pictures! Those Intamin droptowers are such great rides. Thanks for the update!

Yngve "wants a Miss Metropolis for his next birthday" Oestbye

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri May 19, 2006 2:47 pm

I see that Batman, as he does at SFMM, is wearing the Adam West suit with the Michael Keaton cape and cowl.

Nice job--thanks for the pics.

I'm the gyro!

Postby DerekRx » Fri May 19, 2006 2:53 pm

Wow, how amazing is it that even after all these years, the Giant Drops still get big lines? Maybe its just because its new to the area, but still, that's awesome! Glad to see not only was this ride saved from Astroworld, but that it also received so much attention already.

I wish there were more good tall Giant Drops around my area.
All clear....

Dispatch, enjoy your ride.

Derek

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby CoasterCrazy » Fri May 19, 2006 3:05 pm

Thanks for posting the pictures!

Drop rides are fun and they are the only type of ride that still scares me every time that I ride it.

Miss Metropolis needs to visit SFoG's Gotham City! =)

Only 1/2 CP fanboy

Postby CP_RULES » Fri May 19, 2006 4:53 pm

WOW! Thank you for the update, the tower is looking WAY better than it did at SFAW.

^Mmmmmmm!

^Uck!

I can't wait to get back up to SFStL again this summer to ride EVERYTHING! SFStL is such a great park. Screamin' Eagle is looking good too. Did they end up re-painting the track red and hand rails blue!? Anywayz, thanks for the update!
-Justin Seabaugh -Official Brake Fanboy
M-I-Z-Z-O-U ENGINEERING Go Tigers!

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby St.LouisBOI » Fri May 19, 2006 5:41 pm

^ Yes, the 1st half of the Screamin' Eagle got repainted with the red tracks, white structure, and blue rails. I think the last half is getting painted over the winter.
Looks like SFSTL is getting one of those spinning coasters for next year.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Kumba9 » Fri May 19, 2006 7:50 pm

Nice review and photos!

Couple of comments:

1. Park mgr- Nice tie..lol (bet he doesn't wear that to church).
2. the ORIGINAL WW is HOT!!!!!!!!! (Lynda Carter-bring HER to 6F).
3. Batman- 2 words. JENNY CRAIG (and sit-ups).
4. With all the investment into that ride and theming, couldn't they have sprung a little more cash to put a decent que-line? (Or are those movable que's just temporary?)
5. The girl in the photo had a nice smile, but she REALLY appeared bored of the whole thing (just my opinion..lol).

Randomness

Postby coasterdude5 » Fri May 19, 2006 7:53 pm

Nice update! I'm glad they repainted the tower to match up with the name! =) Yeah, it does look alot better than it's days at Astroworld.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby sixflagstloldschool » Fri May 19, 2006 8:51 pm

CP_RULES wrote:WOW! Thank you for the update, the tower is looking WAY better than it did at SFAW.

^Mmmmmmm!

^Uck!

I can't wait to get back up to SFStL again this summer to ride EVERYTHING! SFStL is such a great park. Screamin' Eagle is looking good too. Did they end up re-painting the track red and hand rails blue!? Anywayz, thanks for the update!

Eagle below is painted half way from the beginning of the hill behind the station all the way to the break statio is un painted still. The track was reworked and include banking on the L back in to the station and the turn before the final hills before the station! This was redone this year. I dont remeber it last year. They used to be level, like the old cyclone curves, This was built before banking was thought about! This may also be a reason for waiting to paint this end, In case of problems. Seems they were haveing issues this morning!
eagle first drop!.JPG
Here is the eagle as she looks on the first drop!

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Freefallbestrideever » Fri May 19, 2006 9:14 pm

Awesome, so i'm guessing alot of parks are getting SFAW old stuff :?r How much better are Intamin drop towers compared to S&S? :airtimer:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!