Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:33 am

coaster_maniac wrote:hmm.. so they're gonna call that ride Superman, huh? Even though the colors don't match the superman theme AT ALL? That seems a little strange.. Oh well, at least SFSTL is actually getting new things--the park has been long overdue for some new stuff.

Repainting of the tower begins probably next week! Waisted some money there did they, what will be interesting how quickly they get the tower painted before opening.

Fox 2 the local news here had, video of the rides going in, NOT exactly what was Mini Cups has 6 cups! The one they showed was like Disney land or something a larger version! Looks like they are cramming alot of rides in this little area. With Wood Fencing around the attractions! NICE, Lets see how long they stay natural then painted black to cover graffiti, hopefully this never happens. Thats what happened to the boss, but I dont see little kids with sharpies or ink pens either.

A new link will be posted later as soon as they post the video!

Pics below were taken off the news cast of Fox2 our local news station!,
Attachments
DSCF2166.JPG
A view from the top, as potrayed on the news this morning looking toward the front of the park. Picture taken of my TV of FOX 2 New this morning! Not the best but a little something!
DSCF2166.JPG (107.84 KiB) Viewed 4475 times
DSCF2167.JPG
Tim Ezell from Fox 2 News, High above the park on top of the Tower!

From Fox2 broadcast picture taken from my tv of the news!
DSCF2167.JPG (103.88 KiB) Viewed 4475 times
DSCF2171.JPG
A look at the Bugs Bunny town, you can see the Taz tea cups in place. Pic taken from FOX 2 news cast on my TV this morning!

Sorry for the quality, I know they are not the greatest, but at least gives you an idea of things happening!
DSCF2171.JPG (110.33 KiB) Viewed 4475 times

Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:57 am

Too bad... I always liked the name Acrophobia.

Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:31 am

sixflagstloldschool wrote:Repainting of the tower begins probably next week! Waisted some money there did they, what will be interesting how quickly they get the tower painted before opening.

Fox 2 the local news here had, video of the rides going in, NOT exactly what was Mini Cups has 6 cups! The one they showed was like Disney land or something a larger version! Looks like they are cramming alot of rides in this little area. With Wood Fencing around the attractions! NICE, Lets see how long they stay natural then painted black to cover graffiti, hopefully this never happens. Thats what happened to the boss, but I dont see little kids with sharpies or ink pens either.

A new link will be posted later as soon as they post the video!

Pics below were taken off the news cast of Fox2 our local news station!,

Cool! thanks for the info! :)

Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:52 am

http://www.prnewswire.com/mnr/sixflags/23741/

Here's the link!!! You will find the video they ran on the news feature this morning!

A little more in depth, but then again I think we are getting similar versions of most showed on the video and some exact versions! As far as getting 10 new rides in this section 2 are coming from the old luney toons town section at the front of the park, Train track will be different and shorter than where it used to sit kind a figure 8, you can see on the photo in the earlier post ! Also The kid planes will also be from the old section! New to the section but not new to the park!

Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:03 pm

Here sre some pictures from the SFSL web site.

Click here for a direct link http://www.sixflags.com/parks/stlouis/Rides/Superman.html
--Justin
Attachments
d_SupermanTower1.jpg
AHHHHHHH!
d_SupermanTower1.jpg (68.35 KiB) Viewed 4580 times
f_SupermanTower 2.jpg
Wait for it......
f_SupermanTower 2.jpg (24.13 KiB) Viewed 4579 times

Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:09 pm

When I moved to NE Ohio from St. Louis, the park was still called Six Flags Over Mid-America. It's kind of amazing to me to see how little the park has changed in the past 12 years, and yet the bulk of their roller coasters were built after I moved. I wonder how much this announcement will change the look of the park.
Just where is the drop tower being built, anyway? Is it near the back by Rush st. Flyer?

Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:24 pm

It is located at the exit of the Screamin' Eagle.

Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:25 pm

So are they really repainting it?

Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:42 pm

^That would be the plan! ;)

-Justin

Six Flags St. Louis Tower Of Power Opening Day Ceremony!!!

Fri May 19, 2006 2:35 pm

The opening Ceremony took place at 1030 and Tower opened to the public a little before 11am. The view is just amazing and the wait is any where from 1 - 11 seconds of drop, with various cars dropping at different times. The ride did shut down for a brief 15 minutes and loaded everyone on and 2 cars went up and shut down again, after this time an announcement was made and troubleshooting began. The cars were all sent up to the top and no problems, they came back down and did this again. No problems. They opened up again! I got my ride in before these problems occured. Yes. From the top you can see for miles, you can see the Arch Downtown! NO KIDDING! Would of loved to take pictures up there but not today! Nothing allowed on the ride.

The Park as a whole was rather busy, and a few rides were not open!
Mostly Kiddie stuff, and all roller coasters were operating one train! I do not get this at all, the park had plenty to keep them going, Operators were the problem, not enough to open the park, Around 2 I noticed major lines and backups for most coasters.

And know on to the pictures!
Attachments
superman is here main sign.JPG
The sign says it all, The Man is here! Well he wasn't, but the ride was!
superman is here main sign.JPG (29.15 KiB) Viewed 5203 times
Waiting for the opening.JPG
The wait for the ride
Waiting for the opening.JPG (60.27 KiB) Viewed 5203 times
strike up the band.JPG
Metropolis High School Band, Rumor has it the Jr High band was to provide some backup to the band, and the bus broke down!
strike up the band.JPG (31.49 KiB) Viewed 5203 times
Ribbon cutting.JPG
Dave-Park Manage, Miss Metropolis, and Mayor McDaniels from Metropolis, IL
Ribbon cutting.JPG (41.83 KiB) Viewed 5203 times
DSCF2674.JPG
Miss Metropolis! What a Smile!!!
DSCF2674.JPG (118.6 KiB) Viewed 5203 times
DSCF2675.JPG
Justice League! Batman already looks Hot with that costume on! Maybe a few situps needed also!
DSCF2675.JPG (122.74 KiB) Viewed 5203 times
DSCF2681.JPG
Wonder Woman keeping everyone safe, Superman was rescuing Metropolis Junior high on the Broke Bus.
DSCF2681.JPG (117.88 KiB) Viewed 5203 times
camera guys.JPG
Hey wouldn't be an opening without thes guys, Hey its the Chicago ABC channel 20!
camera guys.JPG (114.02 KiB) Viewed 5203 times
more waiting.JPG
And some more waiting!
more waiting.JPG (109.69 KiB) Viewed 5203 times
Metropolis gives us a plaque!.JPG
Mayor gives us a plaque from The City of Metropolis, IL.
Metropolis gives us a plaque!.JPG (84.82 KiB) Viewed 5203 times
DSCF2710.JPG
And to you the Key to the Tower!
DSCF2710.JPG (124.26 KiB) Viewed 5203 times
ribbon is cut.JPG
It is official, the power is open! The ribbon has been cut.
ribbon is cut.JPG (122.01 KiB) Viewed 5203 times
Up Up and Away fot the first riders!.JPG
Up, Up, and Away they Go. Fellow Metropolis Riders!
Up Up and Away fot the first riders!.JPG (126.88 KiB) Viewed 5203 times
More Que line if needed.JPG
More Que line, hey sattelite truck up link to the world!
More Que line if needed.JPG (90.01 KiB) Viewed 5203 times
View from Above, the back que!.JPG
As the line gets longer it gets full!
View from Above, the back que!.JPG (109.46 KiB) Viewed 5203 times
DSCF2723.JPG
This is buddha from SFSTL.net go over and say hello! How many Please!
DSCF2723.JPG (66.28 KiB) Viewed 5203 times
DSCF2750.JPG
Here is the upgrade, seat belt attatchers on the Handles, secondary safety device!
DSCF2750.JPG (121.41 KiB) Viewed 5203 times
DSCF2751.JPG
And a look at the back wall Image.
DSCF2751.JPG (123.48 KiB) Viewed 5203 times
DSCF2753.JPG
Future victims await the drop!
DSCF2753.JPG (125.58 KiB) Viewed 5203 times
DSCF2755.JPG
And the line down the hill to Papa John's!

Aproximately an hour at this point!
DSCF2755.JPG (127.99 KiB) Viewed 5203 times
DSCF2666.JPG
Here is my last pic and THE END of my first TPR Review official for the Tower!
DSCF2666.JPG (115.49 KiB) Viewed 5203 times
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS