Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1304 - Catwoman Whip Coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 21 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby cal1br3tto » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:35 am

^Darn, I missed the good rides by a year. Is it true Screamin' Eagle also ran a lot better last year?
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Geauga Dog » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:11 pm

cal1br3tto wrote:^I don't think the enthusiast world wants to see any more use of Gerstlauer trains. I don't hate them the way some people do, but they're definitely low on my list.

I don't necessarily hate the Gerstlauer trains either I just find them rather moody. Of course that depends on the track.

cal1br3tto wrote:^Darn, I missed the good rides by a year. Is it true Screamin' Eagle also ran a lot better last year?

I thought Screamin' Eagle was running beautifully when I visited in 2010. Only thing was it squealed around the turn off the lift. What a great under-rated wood coaster.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Screamin_Eagle » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:04 pm

When the Boss first opened and for several years after, it was one of the roughest coasters I had ever been on, I wouldn't dare sit in the back or the front.. they re-tracked, and added supports where needed over and over again for several years. finally the work paid off and the Boss is a truly awesome coaster, and for the past few years the ride has been consistently good.

As far as the Eagle goes, yes last year it ran awesome, and I'm not just saying that because I love the coaster. 2010 the Eagle rode extremely rough every time I rode it. last season it was riding great. The Screamin' Eagle has always screeched around the turns, I have been riding it since it's opening weekend back in 76, and the screaming around the turns has always been there. back in the day before the Boss existed, you could hear it coming around the 180 turn and dropping down the hill...

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:02 pm

Screamin_Eagle wrote:
Rollercoaster Rider wrote:Your guy's last year was probably 06, 08

I think you guys could use 4 more major attractions:
1- Junior/Family Coaster
2- Major Looping Coaster
3- Waterslide Coaster
4- Top Spin/ Frisbee OR Some other major flat ride attraction

well we already have a family coaster, "Pandemonium" well I actually like to call American Thunder a family coaster as well, its great on thrills but geared towards the family element which is fine.

yes we need a major looping coaster in a bad way, our last one was Batman. and the Ninja is absolutely horrible and needs to go...

I disagree about the water slide coaster, but that's just because i really don't use the water park but hey that's just me.

a top spin/ frisbee would be a great addition, and yest even a new major flat.

and to the person that commented on the Sky Screamer, yes it IS a nice addition to the park, and it's offers a great view of the park, personally I don't find it awesome, I rode it a couple of times last year and its already run it's course with me. but the general population is eating it up and keeping the lines full which is a good thing..

About Family Coaster, I was talking of a small coaster to fill the gap of ACME Gravity Powered Roller Ride/ Rockin' Roller. You know something for the 24"-36" that are too timid for Pandemonium.
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby jzoole » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:18 pm

Well the rumor on Screamscape is that Bizarro at SFGAdv is rumored to be removed for a new coaster and relocated to another park. So I was thinking St. Louis would be the best candidate. That wouldn't be too bad right?

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:35 am

Maybe, But I think TGE Would be more likely as there are (WARNING: MY OPINION ONLY!) chances of it being "Flagged" in the future (MY OPINION Done)

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby jzoole » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:40 am

Mayyyybe, but I would be very very surprised. They are EXTREMELY space-limited from what I understand. And also, I don't think their attendance would really merit an addition of that size. I thinks that's why they never got they go-ahead to install the SLC they were storing for a few years, which eventually got shipped to La Ronde (which makes me think, La Ronde could be another possibility.) I personally think St. Louis would be the best fit.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:49 am

Rollercoaster Rider wrote:Maybe, But I think TGE Would be more likely as there are (WARNING: MY OPINION ONLY!) chances of it being "Flagged" in the future (MY OPINION Done)

Sounds like you have never been to The Great Escape.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Kafka » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:24 am

I agree that this park needs a standout steel coaster. I think they could go the SFMM approach and put it out in the giant neigh unused parking lot they have. I would love to see something like that done even though it wouldn't be aesthetically pleasing.

-kafka-

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:01 am

larrygator wrote:
Rollercoaster Rider wrote:Maybe, But I think TGE Would be more likely as there are (WARNING: MY OPINION ONLY!) chances of it being "Flagged" in the future (MY OPINION Done)

Sounds like you have never been to The Great Escape.

I went in 2010 in July I believe. I Agree that it's very far from being close to something you'd call "Six Flags"

Maybe Bizarro can go where Nightmare was

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!