Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1304 - Catwoman Whip Coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Did my donkey title just change???

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby Kafka » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:07 pm

Screamin_Eagle wrote:
megametal wrote:Looks like quite a few people were guessing the Hannibarrels. I guess the "roll-out" hint was what they saw. I thought I heard a lot of people say that that area had like office buildings now or something though.

The Hannibarrels aren't going anywhere anytime soon, and they don't have any plans to move it or put it into operation, according to my park sources. as far as the announcement, it IS pertaining to one of the coasters at the park, this I do know, just don't know what its going to be.

But looking at the quote that doesnt make too much sense. They said they tried it, which makes me doubt that it is anything involving any major construction. If its involving an existing coaster maybe, note this is wild speculation, they are changing the trains on the Boss. That would make sense and would be possible for them to test in November. Other then that, part of me doubts this is major news even though i would love for it to be.

In regards to further development to the park, i would love to see a signature steel coaster. Preferably a hypercoaster or a megalite. I kinda doubt it will happen, but it would make sense because the park has a really good offering of flats and has been developing the water park quite a lot in the last few years.

Everything here is wild speculation, so take everything i say with a grain of salt.

-Kafka-

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:16 pm

^I was thinking new trains on the Boss myself. Either that or Topper Track. But who knows.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Kafka » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:32 pm

Topper Track makes sense too. I think it would be a good addition to this ride since it has a reputation for being rough. Personally i dont think its nessecary since the ride has been running a lot smoother over the last season, but it would be a great addition.

Im not counting out SFSTL for getting something awesome soon, because the park has been making significant modifications to its rides for the last few seasons. I believe a lot of work has been done to make this park better and i feel that a new coaster wouldnt be out of the question.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Screamin_Eagle » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:30 pm

Well with reference to the switching out of trains, the old trains from the "Twisted Twins" from Kentucky Kingdom are sitting under Batman' The ride's storage. there was talk of them putting them on the Eagle before, maybe they will be putting them on the Eagle. they wouldn't put them on the Boss since they are the same style of cars.

and the Boss incidentally has been running great for the past few seasons, the constant re-tracking and support work they have done over the years since it's opening have really improved the ride.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby kidcoaster 2 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:47 pm

Screamin_Eagle wrote:Well with reference to the switching out of trains, the old trains from the "Twisted Twins" from Kentucky Kingdom are sitting under Batman' The ride's storage. there was talk of them putting them on the Eagle before, maybe they will be putting them on the Eagle. they wouldn't put them on the Boss since they are the same style of cars.

I really really really hope not...

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Screamin_Eagle » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:28 pm

trust me I don't want those trains on the Eagle either, that would be a bad mistake. while it has a tendency to ride on the rough side as it is already, those trains would certainly make the ride less enjoyable, but that's my opinion, and that's because I am partial to the coaster.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Geauga Dog » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:54 pm

It's funny how some people are quick to say "topper track" for any wood coaster they think needs it. Georgia Cyclone I agree with but I never thought the Boss was overly rough except on some of the turns because the Gersts aren't really forgiving when they take those turns at high speed.

Putting Gersts on Screamin' Eagle would be the worst thing SFStL could do. I hope that idea doesn't come true.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:18 pm

^I wouldn't label myself a fan of Topper Track, but I could see it being appropriate for the Boss since it's so rough.

And yeah, I don't think the enthusiast world wants to see any more use of Gerstlauer trains. I don't hate them the way some people do, but they're definitely low on my list.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby SuperBuckalew » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:54 am

I absolutely love the Gerstlauer trains on Boss. I think those trains are beautiful in looks. I was able to make it to the park last summer, and my boyfriend and I loved the almost threatening roughness of that coaster. We loved the feeling of having to actually brace ourselves for each turn on that insane juggernaut. Backseat night rides on that thing to us are actually more fun than night rides on the glorious Prowler. I really love rough coasters when it is the right kind of rough.

Piers' latest smashpiece

Postby Joe Cool » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:29 am

To me 2011 was the best rides I have had on the Boss sense its opening back in 2000.
DUCKS FLY TOGETHER!!!!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!