Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1304 - Catwoman Whip Coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: Google [Bot] and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wrote the book about donkeys!

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby megametal » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:21 pm

Looks like quite a few people were guessing the Hannibarrels. I guess the "roll-out" hint was what they saw. I thought I heard a lot of people say that that area had like office buildings now or something though.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Screamin_Eagle » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:54 am

megametal wrote:Looks like quite a few people were guessing the Hannibarrels. I guess the "roll-out" hint was what they saw. I thought I heard a lot of people say that that area had like office buildings now or something though.

The Hannibarrels aren't going anywhere anytime soon, and they don't have any plans to move it or put it into operation, according to my park sources. as far as the announcement, it IS pertaining to one of the coasters at the park, this I do know, just don't know what its going to be.

Re: Six Flags St. Louis Announces New Water Park Attraction!

Postby Screamin_Eagle » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:58 am

CoasterGuy06 wrote:^Oh no! Shorter lines for rides! The horror! :?r

wow sarcasm....

well the way I see it, there is NOTHING wrong with shorter lines, makes for a great day. however lower attendance in the park keeps the park from getting the good installations, ( hyper coasters, state of the art coasters) and keeps us getting the smaller "try to build up the attendance" rides and attractions.

Re: Six Flags St. Louis Announces New Water Park Attraction!

Postby Screamin_Eagle » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:00 am

Godwyn wrote:
Screamin_Eagle wrote:we didn't need an addition to the water park, we needed an addition to the park itself. all this will do will take even more people from the general park and into the water park.

And that's a bad thing why?

When I seen this announcement I was wondering how many people were going to complain about the water park getting something again. I think SFStL has a pretty awesome water park, and this will be a great addition. Heck, on several occasions, my wife and I took the 2 hour drive there just to go to the water park!

that's all good if you use the water park, not everyone DOES use it. I go to the park for the thrill element, I go to the lake for swimming enjoyment....

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby DougMJr » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:35 am

^But on the other foot, not everyone is into thrill rides. Like Godwyn said, some people go there just for the water park and do not even use the theme park.

You cannot please everyone every year. I'm sorry to say this year isn't your year.

Postby Screamin_Eagle » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:43 am

lol, it hasn't been our "year" in quite some time, rather used to that...

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby liftsifter » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:18 pm

Screamin_Eagle wrote:lol, it hasn't been our "year" in quite some time, rather used to that...

St. Louis is one of the smaller, lower yielding parks in the chain. When Six Flags only needs to invest $X amount for that season to see higher or equal yields, then they will only invest that much. Six Flags can't just please you or other enthusiasts. Also, the Sky Screamers are awesome, and so is Riptide Bay (Bonzai Pipeline)!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:19 pm

Your guy's last year was probably 06, 08

I think you guys could use 4 more major attractions:
1- Junior/Family Coaster
2- Major Looping Coaster
3- Waterslide Coaster
4- Top Spin/ Frisbee OR Some other major flat ride attraction
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

Postby Screamin_Eagle » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:38 pm

Rollercoaster Rider wrote:Your guy's last year was probably 06, 08

I think you guys could use 4 more major attractions:
1- Junior/Family Coaster
2- Major Looping Coaster
3- Waterslide Coaster
4- Top Spin/ Frisbee OR Some other major flat ride attraction

well we already have a family coaster, "Pandemonium" well I actually like to call American Thunder a family coaster as well, its great on thrills but geared towards the family element which is fine.

yes we need a major looping coaster in a bad way, our last one was Batman. and the Ninja is absolutely horrible and needs to go...

I disagree about the water slide coaster, but that's just because i really don't use the water park but hey that's just me.

a top spin/ frisbee would be a great addition, and yest even a new major flat.

and to the person that commented on the Sky Screamer, yes it IS a nice addition to the park, and it's offers a great view of the park, personally I don't find it awesome, I rode it a couple of times last year and its already run it's course with me. but the general population is eating it up and keeping the lines full which is a good thing..

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby megametal » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:57 pm

Looking at what the park has, I would like to see an mid-sized to big Intamin coaster and a few more quality flats. (Top spin, frisbee, river battle, Mondial Shake, things like that). I do agree. A coaster like Dare Devil Dive would be a great fit, as SFStL seems to be a more family friendly park in the chain, which I think is a great thing. They have something for everyone.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!