Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1304 - Catwoman Whip Coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 13 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Re: Six Flags St. Louis Announces SkyScreamer

Postby Godwyn » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:33 pm

Hang And Bang wrote: Had a blast, almost everything was a walk-on, and Screamin' Eagle was the surprise hit of the trip! Seems to be riding better than ever (maybe they did extensive work over the off season? I don't keep up.)

Glad to see that Eagle was running good again. I couldn't believe how badly it was running last year.

It's A Small World Fanboy

Postby Hang And Bang » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:29 pm

^ It really was great, not butter smooth by any means, just a bit bouncy. And the airtime was good; the hill after the turnaround by The Boss is insane again! It was just really fun. We rode it more than any other coaster, a rarity for me! Was gonna send you some pics but literally all I can do with my phone right now is send and receive calls. (Remember how it briefly spazzed out at HW? It's on constant spazz at this point.)

The Future Mrs. Big Mike!

Postby Pirouettes907 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:06 pm

So while we're on the subject of wooden coasters at SFStL running well again (and yes, I agree, Eagle is running beautifully this year!), I just came back from an evening at the park where I had, without a doubt, the best ride I've ever had on the Boss. By this I mean, for the first time ever for me, there was no jackhammering, no body slamming into the sides, no feeling like my ribs were going to break, no spinal adjustments--it was amazing. Didn't think it was possible, especially from where I was sitting (maybe 5 rows from the very back or so)! Has anyone else noticed this this season?

It's A Small World Fanboy

Postby Hang And Bang » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:50 pm

^ I definitely noticed the jackhammering has been tamed quite a bit! The helix still hurts, imo, but it's such a fun element I enjoy it anyway. Without the jackhammering the double down up into the first fan turn is such a rush; you really feel the speed as you zoom through the structure at that point. Some great air on the bunny hill before you pass the station, too! I've always loved the layout of The Boss, just hate the G-trains.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby BlueFireCoaster » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:21 pm

Hilltopper39 wrote:
SharkTums wrote:I *really* like the look of this. Way more than all of the Windseekers.

I agree, I don't think the Windseekers are going to be anywhere near as cool as the Star Flyers. These things are just awesome.

I'm not sure how you could even compare a 150 foot tall swing ride to a 300 foot tall swing ride, regardless if its a chain holding your seat or not.

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:52 pm

I think being held by chains from a height of 150 feet would be much more terrifying...

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby nrs2420 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:59 am

BlueFireCoaster wrote:
Hilltopper39 wrote:
SharkTums wrote:I *really* like the look of this. Way more than all of the Windseekers.

I agree, I don't think the Windseekers are going to be anywhere near as cool as the Star Flyers. These things are just awesome.

I'm not sure how you could even compare a 150 foot tall swing ride to a 300 foot tall swing ride, regardless if its a chain holding your seat or not.

The one at STL is 236 ft tall.
”An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.”
~Col. Jeff Cooper

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby jjb297 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:44 pm

I was there the morning it broke down and was incredibly surprised how much the mechanic/someone working on the ride told me. Explained the counterweight and how they were testing in the morning. If that happened when people were up there that would be awful. There is a little ladder climbing up the side, but that would be TERRIBLE getting everyone down. It was crazy hot that day too.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby ilrider » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:37 pm

jjb297 wrote:I was there the morning it broke down and was incredibly surprised how much the mechanic/someone working on the ride told me. Explained the counterweight and how they were testing in the morning. If that happened when people were up there that would be awful. There is a little ladder climbing up the side, but that would be TERRIBLE getting everyone down. It was crazy hot that day too.

Screamscape reported it will reopen by next week now.
[img]
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://
[Image
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/fe606e4d7df6bd8b82f92c697d3b438b.jpg[/img][/url]

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby dragonskeep » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:25 am

I ride Orlando's Star Flyer all the time, I can't imagine the Windseekers being as dynamic of a ride as it is. I will check out The Windseekers soon but it looks much tamer than Star Flyer to me. When the Star Flyer opened here, people wouldn't even ride it. They would ride the 390 foot Slingshot that sits next to it but not the swing. When I rode the first time I was alone on the ride and it was the first day of operation. Star Flyer to me seems like a thrill ride for sure but Windseeker looks a little more like an observation tower that spins faster. Windseeker does look beautiful over the park though. For a real good time, pick a windy day and ride single in a tandem seat on a Star Flyer.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!