Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1304 - Catwoman Whip Coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Only 1/2 CP fanboy

Re: Six Flags St. Louis Announces SkyScreamer

Postby CP_RULES » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:51 am

^It's probably more of a capacity issue. A single seated star flyer is most likely at a park that doesn't need the ride to chew through as many people per hour, which is why they can run the ride with a longer cycle. Parks determine the ride cycle that meets their needs the best. Parks that buy double seated star flyers need a ride that handles more people, and they run it with a shorter cycle to enhance this further.

SkyScreamer is looking amazing though, can't wait to ride!
-Justin Seabaugh -Official Brake Fanboy
M-I-Z-Z-O-U ENGINEERING Go Tigers!

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:14 am

^^That single seater at Wiener Prater is also a shorter version. I think it is only 150 foot tall.

Running a similar cycle on the 200-400 foot version would greatly reduce the hourly capacity.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:25 pm

Visioneer wrote:Agreed, though I'd say Cedar Fair went for a consistent blended feeling vs. Six Flags more carnival or fair random theming...

I'm not the biggest fan of the color coordination between the tower and the "arms". But separately they look great, so I'll gladly forgive them. Overall it's very attractive!
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

I eat bugs.

Postby deathbydinn » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:17 pm

Found a few things on the parks Facebook that could be of interest. First, the park has confirmed multiple times that Mr. Freeze is currently having some technical issues, and did not open the past weekend. Hopefully since the park is not open all week yet, they will be able to fix it quickly. Haven't seen any more details besides technical problems though.

For the parks 40th season there are signs like this around the park, and they will be there all season.

Link

American Thunders new sign:

Link

Add me on Simpsons Tapped Out - jongrundl

Jo My Oh!

Postby Jerrykoala2112 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:32 pm

Six Flags Addict wrote:Ha don't get me started :lmao: But speaking of the skyline, supposedly if anyone wants to ride Screamin Eagle anytime soon, this weekend will be the weekend to do it. After that, they're going to shut it down and repaint it (ALL of it - not just the first 1/3 of the ride like they did in 2006) and it will be back open in early June for the 40th anniversary celebration. Screamin Eagle looked GREAT when they repainted the 1/3 of it, so with SkyScreamer and an Eagle repaint, the back of the park will be looking great.

Any idea if the ride will be under rehab for the Rocky Mountain topper track? While the ride wasn't unbearable last time I rode it, it could be smoothened to prevent any unnecessary shuffling... And any idea why they're choosing to repaint it now, when they just had all of the off-season to work on the ride?

What was Jer's last adventure? Drayton Manor - 2012
Check out my SFGAm Music Video - Here

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Wed May 18, 2011 11:51 pm

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=846413563614&oid=9556621915&comments
Six Flags St. Louis has posted a video of Sky Screamer opened up.
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Hakugei|Skyrush
Lightning Rod|T Express|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix

Postby Hilltopper39 » Thu May 19, 2011 9:20 am

SharkTums wrote:I *really* like the look of this. Way more than all of the Windseekers.

I agree, I don't think the Windseekers are going to be anywhere near as cool as the Star Flyers. These things are just awesome.

It's A Small World Fanboy

Postby Hang And Bang » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:51 pm

I went to the park today for the first time this season. Had a blast, almost everything was a walk-on, and Screamin' Eagle was the surprise hit of the trip! Seems to be riding better than ever (maybe they did extensive work over the off season? I don't keep up.) Got to ride Sky Screamer, although my friends and I jokingly kept calling it Sky Hug. It's a great ride, lots of fun, amazing views, but it's mostly just mellow and relaxing. I kind of expected that, but I thought the height would add a bit more thrill to the experience. We all really liked it, though. I'm glad we have it in STL!

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby nrs2420 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:35 am

They did do lots of work to the Eagle over the off season plus they painted it. :b
”An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.”
~Col. Jeff Cooper

Postby cal1br3tto » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:49 am

^That good news kinda makes me want to go back! I found it to be a charming ride with a bit of decent air, but not notable. I could use a few more laps to help me "get" Eagle and Boss, as I liked them but didn't feel they were too memorable. I won't comment on the jackhammering on Boss though...
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!