Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1304 - Catwoman Whip Coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby Vonni » Sat May 16, 2020 8:02 pm

^^ :nina:

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby tanthonyam » Sun May 17, 2020 2:28 pm

Who is this Nina person?

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Lotologist492 » Sun May 17, 2020 9:07 pm

I visited this park with friends last summer for the first time in 14 years and I admit it was a better experience than I remembered from years' past. It looked like the park was actually trying to improve - but still had a long way to go. I still say we need to give Spanos & Co a chance to make a difference. They have their hands full with a post-COVID world right now, but I have hope SF is listening. I do not expect to see VF-quality bathrooms overnight but at least we are seeing some improvements to dining / seating areas.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby teacherkim » Sat May 23, 2020 6:59 pm

Don't know what this means as far as an opening date but employees got a survey today regarding their employment status and feelings on masks, temps be taken, hand sanitizer, etc etc. Didn't see it, got the second hand account.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby teacherkim » Wed May 27, 2020 3:34 pm

So this story was on the local NBC station

https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/after-six-flags-announces-safety-changes-families-demand-refunds/63-20da165f-5811-4da6-b1cf-4ab22f48c06a

I'm guessing these two are in the minority but still not great PR to go out to the gp on the evening news. Hoping not so many people cancel memberships/passes as to have a big negative impact but of course some people will. I know parks are hesitant to announce a date until they are absolutely sure, and I get why, but at this point I feel like they really need to bite the bullet and put a date out there so people at least know they are opening back up. I'm guessing they have a date in mind and just have not made it public yet.

Postby prozach626 » Wed May 27, 2020 5:15 pm

Those two Karens can STFU. The first Karen said she's paid for a membership she hasn't been able to use for four months... The park would have been closed for the majority of that time. "I'm not really... sure... if we will get memberships again next year." LOL ooookay.

The second Karen is complaining about the masks, but she's not going to the park regardless... because of safety... but she doesn't want to wear a mask... uh.

WTF is the news going to talk about when (if) all of this is over? I guess there'll always be the nightly shootings.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby teacherkim » Wed May 27, 2020 5:34 pm

I know, I got really excited a week or so ago when the lead story was not about covid until I realized it was a fatal car accident. Yikes.

I would love to know if the reporter dredged these two up or if they contacted the station.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby SoCalJasonland » Wed May 27, 2020 6:48 pm

prozach626 wrote:Those two Karens can STFU. The first Karen said she's paid for a membership she hasn't been able to use for four months... The park would have been closed for the majority of that time. "I'm not really... sure... if we will get memberships again next year." LOL ooookay.

The second Karen is complaining about the masks, but she's not going to the park regardless... because of safety... but she doesn't want to wear a mask... uh.

WTF is the news going to talk about when (if) all of this is over? I guess there'll always be the nightly shootings.
Oh no the Karens are stupid too.jpg
Oh no, the Karens are stupid too!
I love to roam where the wild things are.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Danrarbc » Wed May 27, 2020 7:53 pm

prozach626 wrote:The second Karen is complaining about the masks, but she's not going to the park regardless... because of safety... but she doesn't want to wear a mask... uh.

A couple months ago we had to draw the comparison that our grandfathers had to fight a war to save our neighbors, we were asked to stay at home and that is it.

And now if you want to get out of the house and do things again that doesn't change that we need keep protecting our neighbors. The price for that is a mask. That is it.

Postby DILinator » Wed May 27, 2020 8:29 pm

Regarding getting a refund on SF Memberships, I don't think it's a fair judgement to write off these ladies and their concerns as being emblematic of being "Karens." I bought 4 Memberships last year, for me and my three older kids, and I've seriously considered whether I want to refund them lately. If it was just me, I'd let it slide, not care, and consider it a donation to the stability of the park chain. For four, however, that adds up, and is a hefty sum to be dishing out, without any return on the investment, if we don't end up getting any use out of them this year as a result of all this. It's sad, as I'd like to support Six Flags, but I also am not wealthy enough to write off money that ultimately serves no purpose. This is all a completely logical, and reasonable stance, and opinion. Holding that perspective doesn't make me a "Karen", and doesn't make me "entitled", or any other negative word people throw around to try and shame those that don't hold their same viewpoint. I think it's sad we live in a time where society has become so divisive, pitting person against person, promoting public shaming, and where even trying to enjoy a lifelong hobby like roller coasters often leads into getting bogged down with negativity, judgement, and name calling. :(

I still hold out hope to visit some SF parks this year, perhaps even SFStL. But at the moment, the feasibility of that is very much up in the air, and especially for people like myself, where going to parks is a family affair, it's not as simple of an issue as I think a lot of non-family enthusiasts tend to think it is. Walk a mile in my shoes (or the shoes of the ladies from the article), and then we'll see what your perspective on this issue is...

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!