Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1304 - Catwoman Whip Coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 15 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby DBru » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:31 pm

I went to the park for the first time in 1999 and I remember picking up the brochure from our hotel and seeing Ninja’s bright red train with a white stripe spiraling through the serpentine corkscrews on the cover. I wasn’t tall enough to ride it at the time but I’ll never forget how gorgeous I thought that image was.

However, I was tall enough the ride Screamin’ Eagle (which looked beautiful and GARGANTUAN at the time) and it’s been one of my favorite wooden coasters ever since.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby TNT » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:00 pm

After riding Vortex last year, I reached the conclusion that Ninja is over hated. Vortex only had two things over Ninja, a decent first drop and the batwing. Both rattle through the course and have weird transitions that make it uncomfortable for certain riders.

I found this video the other day of Eagle's media day, thought some of you might enjoy it.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby SixFlagsAstroworld » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:58 pm

^Thanks for the video! Its really cool seeing one of my favorite coaster's on media day

On the topic of Ninja, once I actually grew tall enough for my head to be above the restraints a few years ago, I actually don't mind ninja. I've been on rougher coasters than Ninja.
Coaster Count: 108
Check out my projects: Six Flags Cypress Adventures
New project!! Forest Hills

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:16 pm

Umm can we talk about the last shot of that video where a news reporter and cameraman are standing on Eagle's catwalk when a train full of riders comes screaming by!!! Lol, wild times...

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:40 am

Yeah, the 70s, man. OSHA was still pretty new, and when tens of thousands of factory workers were dying each year, they probably weren't paying attention to TV news yet.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby parkjunkie » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:56 am

DBru wrote:Umm can we talk about the last shot of that video where a news reporter and cameraman are standing on Eagle's catwalk when a train full of riders comes screaming by!!! Lol, wild times...

What about the part where he says the camera man is holding the 20 LB camera!!! They don't even want you holding a cell phone when riding... can you imagine riding that with a 20 LB camera on your shoulders!!!????

Great video, thanks for sharing

Postby Vonni » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:07 pm

Oh that's so cool!

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby teacherkim » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:14 am

So great! I remember that day so well. I was 8 yrs old and my Dad had to really talk me into riding it because it just looked so big, he finally guilted me into it because he took a day off work and we went to the park without my Mom knowing! We both got in trouble too because that night neither of us could touch the dinner she made after a whole day of eating junk food and riding stuff. :lol: There was so much media buzz and I can remember the two hour long lines that summer when it opened. There was an added thrill knowing that you were riding the tallest and fastest coaster at the time, even though that title didn't last long.

Fast forward 34 years to 2010 when my son was 7 and it was the first big coaster he was able to ride. Wonder if it will be around for grandkids and if anyone will be laughing at a gray haired old granny riding it?!

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby teacherkim » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:21 am

DBru wrote:Umm can we talk about the last shot of that video where a news reporter and cameraman are standing on Eagle's catwalk when a train full of riders comes screaming by!!! Lol, wild times...

Uhhh, yeah, you young'uns have no idea of the dangerous crap that use to go on in daily life, lol. And no insult intended, I just mean you have no idea because you never experienced life like we did as kids. The whole idea of riding your bike away from home and not showing back up til the street lights were coming on and your parents had no contact with you and no idea where you were or what you did all day.

Postby prozach626 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:06 pm

^I'm a Xennial, so I got to experience quite a bit of that, too. But, our micro-generation was weird. During the day, our parents would have no clue where we were until we came home with scrapes and bruises from playing street hockey, building dangerous AF forts, or playing 'king of the hill' type games. When we got yelled at enough to come inside, we'd slam take-out pizza, crush a few cans of Surge, and have sleep-overs with every kid on our street where we stayed up until 3am playing Sega. It was an awesome mixed bag. The couple times we went to SF per year were truly treats. When Batman and Mr. Freeze opened up they rocked our worlds.

Fast forward to April, 2020. When I'm not at work I'm stuck home watching Nextflix or getting destroyed by avid video-gamers on PS4 until I get frustrated and vow never to play again. This sucks.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!