Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1304 - Catwoman Whip Coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby Danrarbc » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:59 pm

CaptainUnknown wrote:If it means anything, my platinum membership was purchased from SFOT and I have received emails saying that for each day the park is closed, a day will be added onto the end of the membership at no charge (or something like that). I received something similar from SeaWorld San Antonio.

That's not a solution. The way that works is you cancel your membership and the cards keep working for x number of days.

They should really put the memberships into a maintenance mode where they cost like $2/mo apiece.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby thisdougsforu » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:55 pm

The Ninja just made the TPR 2019 Top 10 Worst Steel Coasters (non-clone) list, coming in at #9. Finally, something to hang our hat on.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:54 pm

^ :lmao:

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:11 am

It's well deserved.

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:23 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:It's well deserved.

Agreed. It's literally the worst roller coaster I've ever been on in my life. (Of course, I've only rode it with VR, and that was absolutely terrible.)
Bigger is not always better.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby SteveStL » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:57 pm

thisdougsforu wrote:The Ninja just made the TPR 2019 Top 10 Worst Steel Coasters (non-clone) list, coming in at #9. Finally, something to hang our hat on.

..and yet my gut tells me it will still be around for another 10 years.

Postby prozach626 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:49 am

^Without a doubt.

Maybe they can just embrace the suck, like Kentucky Kingdom did with T3, bragging about how it will beat the shit out of you...

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby LegendLover » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:26 pm

Believe it or not, but I actually like Ninja. Okay I don’t like it, but I don’t hate it. I think it’s a little fun and it’s not that rough. Maybe it’s just because I always saw it growing up. In the mid 2000’s, I was just getting tall enough to ride the roller coasters with over the shoulder harnesses. My mom and brother LOVED Batman and Ninja at that end of the park. They looked so intimidating to me as a child. I remember when I finally got to ride them. Yeah Ninja is a bit rough around the edges, but it’s still a fun looping coaster.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby TrippinBillie » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:13 am

LegendLover wrote:Believe it or not, but I actually like Ninja. Okay I don’t like it, but I don’t hate it. I think it’s a little fun and it’s not that rough. Maybe it’s just because I always saw it growing up. In the mid 2000’s, I was just getting tall enough to ride the roller coasters with over the shoulder harnesses. My mom and brother LOVED Batman and Ninja at that end of the park. They looked so intimidating to me as a child. I remember when I finally got to ride them. Yeah Ninja is a bit rough around the edges, but it’s still a fun looping coaster.

If you're a sadist :lmao:

Postby prozach626 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:36 am

Consider yourself lucky. Seriously. If you can find fun in what others can't that's just one more thing for you to able to enjoy. I haven't been on Ninja in a long time, but it's hard for me to imagine it being in the bottom ten of all roller coasters. Does some of that have to deal with the awkward/boring layout?

I remember people loving it when I was a kid. Before Ninja, the only roller coaster I would ride was Mine Train. I was too afraid to ride anything else. My Dad made me ride Ninja as soon as I was tall enough. He was stern and I didn't have a choice. I made that son of a bitch regret it, since I made him ride it an additional seven times. The black belt of roller coasters started my infatuation with parks and roller coasters. That probably explains what's wrong with me.

Maybe I'll go give it a spin just to see how terrible its gotten. Oh. Wait...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!