Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1304 - Catwoman Whip Coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby bert425 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:14 am

toomuchstereo wrote:
mary.pesik wrote:It's nice that they're giving Supergirl some presence at the parks. She's always been my favorite.

Yeah and at least in this park the ride is very popular. People do enjoy it a lot and that whole side of the park is always busy. It’s been a very good addition.

for the love of G-d tho. . PLEASE tell Mgmt to refurb the Carousel.

it's embarrassing they've let it get that bad. I was horrified during our 1st visit (ever) to the park in June.

and if Supergirl is drawing that many people to that area? THIS is the representation of SFStL that folks like me (1st time visitors) are coming away with.
IMG_7561.JPG
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby toomuchstereo » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:19 am

bert425 wrote:
toomuchstereo wrote:
mary.pesik wrote:It's nice that they're giving Supergirl some presence at the parks. She's always been my favorite.

Yeah and at least in this park the ride is very popular. People do enjoy it a lot and that whole side of the park is always busy. It’s been a very good addition.

for the love of G-d tho. . PLEASE tell Mgmt to refurb the Carousel.

it's embarrassing they've let it get that bad. I was horrified during our 1st visit (ever) to the park in June.

and if Supergirl is drawing that many people to that area? THIS is the representation of SFStL that folks like me (1st time visitors) are coming away with.

I am in complete agreement with you.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby grsupercity » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:27 am

Fits the superhero theme. Villan's came through and destroyed everything. I have been to SFSTL but did not ride the carousel. Is it hand carved horses or fiberglass?
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:42 am

They're hand carved. It's a PTC original to the park, though not always in that location. I believe it was originally where the Ferris wheel is now, though I might be mistaken on that part. It's a wonderful carousel that, if refurbished, would be a point of pride for the park. I hope any re-theme of Brittania would include a refurb of the carousel.

Postby bert425 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:51 am

^yep.

it's a classic, and as noted, I was stunned how badly it's maintained.

granted, I'm a Carousel junkie, and I have pics of me smiling while riding. . but I also walked away from our 1 (only 1 !!!) ride, really sad.

the carriages on this thing are beautiful too. .and also in terrible shape :(
IMG_7562.JPG
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby TNT » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:53 am

The Carousel is a 1915 PTC. Featuring hand carved horses and two chariots. The restoration of the Carousel is something the park has wanted to do for a long time they just haven't been able to secure the necessary funds to do so.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby SixFlagsAstroworld » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:59 am

I kind of wish they would start a gofundme or something. I don’t mind donating a few dollars into restoring the carousel
Coaster Count: 108
Check out my latest project: Six Flags Cypress Adventures
HARD ROCK PARK Coming to Chaos Crafter 2019!!

Postby prozach626 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:33 am

^really?

You're better than this comment.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Danrarbc » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:23 pm

prozach626 wrote:^really?

You're better than this comment.

Better than saying you'd donate to a historic ride restoration?

I'd donate too. I'd donate at least a months worth of my membership directly to it.

It is historic, and the current condition of it is an embarrassment not just to the park, management or Six Flags corporate but the entire region. It needs restored and regular maintenance. The current condition of it is ridiculous.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:55 pm

Six Flags is a for-profit company, not a museum. The money you pay them for tickets and food and Flash Pass and fluffy bunnies pay for the maintenance of rides and everything else. You don't need to donate money to them. They just need to use the money you already gave them to properly maintain the rides.

Now, this is Six Flags, so we all know that's never gonna happen. But it's their responsibility, not yours.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!