Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1304 - Catwoman Whip Coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:37 pm

^ Ooooo a steampunk overlay on SuperGirl! That visualizes very c-c-c-cool, to me. :smile:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Postby Woodie Warrior » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:41 pm

I don't see the park putting in effort to retheme an area unless it's DC related. Not sure why they'd feel the need to create another DC area though.
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:03 pm

bert425 wrote:I'd absolutely hit it on Sat late afternoon/night. So maybe Six Flags on Sat Morning and back on Sun. morning.

and if you don't feel the need to go back to SFStL on Sun morning? Grant's Farm. . . was a fantastic way to spend a few hours before we flew out. . .and there's free beer.

That would be a lot of wasted time traveling back and forth to SFSTL twice.

I would do SFSTL getting in the gates for rope drop. Do the coasters first and work your way clockwise around the park, starting at Mr. Freeze and ending back at American Thunder.
Freeze
Pandemonium
Boss
Screamin' Eagle
Boomerang (or skip)
Mine Train
Ninja
Batman
American Thunder, which by that time will be the longest wait.

Cover whatever flats you missed. If you've been on a Justice League there's no reason to go on ours. If you haven't, then hit it prior to my aforementioned coaster order.

SFStl isn't much of an all day park. On a Saturday you could be done with everything and a few re-rides by 5pm. Unless you want a night ride on Screamin' Eagle or a pitch black ride on Batman, you're not missing much after dark. Go get dinner and be at City Museum by 7. It's open until midnight.

Go to our Zoo on Sunday. Or, as Bert suggested, go to Grant's Farm Sunday morning before your flight, BUT GET THERE 30 MINUTES BEFORE OPENING. Seriously, I've yet to even visit because even when we arrived on time it would have taken over an hour to get into the park.

Postby bert425 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:08 pm

^ LOL> . remember, I'm from Texas, so that 40 minute drive was *nothing*. . that's closer than I travel to get to work on days I drive in.

it reminds me of folks reacting like we were nuts when we drove across Pennsylvania (from Pitts. to Philly, hitting parks along the way).. to us, that was no longer than a trip from Austin to Dallas :)
Last edited by bert425 on Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:35 pm.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby prozach626 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:15 pm

The driving in itself isn't an issue, but it's just a waste of time when your time is limited.

Of course your trip across Pennsylvania isn't nuts. Last year we drove from STL to PA, hit everything, and then drove 13 hours back. It's just a road trip and I'm not sure why anyone would think that's nuts. Trust me, we spend plenty of time in the car during the summer (days), so my viewpoint is relevant. But, that's not the point I was making.

Postby bert425 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:35 pm

prozach626 wrote:The driving in itself isn't an issue, but it's just a waste of time when your time is limited.

Of course your trip across Pennsylvania isn't nuts. Last year we drove from STL to PA, hit everything, and then drove 13 hours back. It's just a road trip and I'm not sure why anyone would think that's nuts. Trust me, we spend plenty of time in the car during the summer (days), so my viewpoint is relevant. But, that's not the point I was making.

oh, just to clarify, I didn't mean YOU thought we were nuts re: our Pennsylvania trip.

I meant the folks we met at the parks we stopped at. the conversation always came up this way:

them: where are you from?
us: we're from Texas
them: oh (a sad, knowing oh)
us: no, from Austin
them: OH! (happy, surprised, pleasant oh)
so you're just visiting this park?
us: no, we flew into Pittsburgh, rented a car, and are driving to Philadelphia for the Historic sites, but stopping for Amusement Park fun along the way.
them: OMG.. that's SO far to drive, y'all are nuts.

almost every time we got in a conversation with someone, that's how it went.

so that's what I was meaning.

being from Texas, and being used to driving in Texas - even just within the city of Houston or Dallas, we're well used to an hour commute to get anywhere. so the 40 minute drive from our hotel to SFStl was nothing, and if we had wanted to go back the next day, easily could have too. (but as you note, it's not really a 2 day park)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby ChrisGraslie » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:04 pm

Here's a little bit of information/rumors about Fright Fest 2019 for those of you that are interested:

1. Blackout is gone, and it is rumored that there will be an all-new haunted house in a different location. The Slaughter House, Blind Fury, and Night Terrors will all return. Camp Killamore will also return, but it is rumored to be moved to the east of the park in the former location of the hayride instead of in Hurricane Harbor. The reason for this is unknown.

2. The Blood Bank Vampire Bar will be moved inside of Miss Kitty's Saloon this year, and the area in front of Miss Kitty's will become an all-new vampire zone like the one in Britannia last year. No word yet of any other new or returning scare zones, but it is assumed that all from 2018 will return.

3. Love at First Fright and Dead Man's Party are both back, as expected. Not sure if The Dead Beats will also be back, but it's safe to say it probably will be.

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby toomuchstereo » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:51 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:^ What specifically about SuperGirl prevents them from making this a ScreamPunk district?

Re-themeing a one year old ride for one thing.

Postby toomuchstereo » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:58 pm

Woodie Warrior wrote:I don't see the park putting in effort to retheme an area unless it's DC related. Not sure why they'd feel the need to create another DC area though.

Lack of a cohesive DC area maybe. Right now it’s just random DC themed rides spread out, other than Freeze and JL with the DC circle.

Postby toomuchstereo » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:02 pm

CaptainUnknown wrote:Hey all, I have a too-early trip planning question:

Next year, I'm looking at flying into St. Louis Friday night, catch a Cardinals game, spend Saturday at SFStL, and fly home Sunday night. The plan would be to spend some time at the City Museum on Sunday morning/afternoon. How much time is recommended at the City Museum? Would it be better to do the City Museum on Saturday and Six Flags Saturday night/Sunday morning? Note: my SF Platinum pass should still be in effect.

Personally I’d do the cards game, city museum and the zoo on Saturday. Then Sunday at SIx Flags.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!