Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1304 - Catwoman Whip Coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 18 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby joco07 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:08 pm

ArundelHigh Coasters wrote:Does anyone know if the track peices have arrived at SFStL?, or even left Texas yet?

Texas. As of last weekend it was in the over flow parking lot at SFoT
Top 5 Coasters:
New Texas Giant (SFOT), Mr.Freeze Reverse Blast (SFOT), Kumba (BGT), Goliath (SFOG), Shockwave (SFOT)

The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Postby chadster » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:15 pm

^I thought that was the Star Flyer over there :lol:

/sarcasm and pointless comment.

I eat bugs.

Postby deathbydinn » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:41 pm

Not sure how current this is, but looks like they still have a ways to go on getting the land ready.

Add me on Simpsons Tapped Out - jongrundl

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby SFZIP » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:43 pm

The video was probably taken late last month, there is footer work going on but no track, supports or the train has ever showed up in St. Louis yet. The back spikes are going to be at top of the hill (right next to the Screamin' Eagle 1st drop) and the cobra roll is going basically where the bumper cars building was, the ride is not angled towards Tidal Wave like I had previously thought. If you watch the video part of the bumper cars building shell (towards Superman) is still standing which I would assume will be part of the que area, the back spikes are going to be really close if not over part of the Screamin' Eagle (the area blown up in the video would have to be where most of the ride would be located, station, loop, etc.).

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby gforce1994 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:49 am

SFZIP wrote:The video was probably taken late last month, there is footer work going on but no track, supports or the train has ever showed up in St. Louis yet. The back spikes are going to be at top of the hill (right next to the Screamin' Eagle 1st drop) and the cobra roll is going basically where the bumper cars building was, the ride is not angled towards Tidal Wave like I had previously thought. If you watch the video part of the bumper cars building shell (towards Superman) is still standing which I would assume will be part of the que area, the back spikes are going to be really close if not over part of the Screamin' Eagle (the area blown up in the video would have to be where most of the ride would be located, station, loop, etc.).

Would that type of blasting undermine the structure of Superman?
Top Coasters in America:
1. Bizarro 2. El Toro 3. Beast
4. Former Son of Beast (No Joke- if you got the right seat!)
5. New Texas Giant

Wisconsin Dells Fanatic

Postby traincrossin » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:24 pm

gforce1994 wrote:
SFZIP wrote:The video was probably taken late last month, there is footer work going on but no track, supports or the train has ever showed up in St. Louis yet. The back spikes are going to be at top of the hill (right next to the Screamin' Eagle 1st drop) and the cobra roll is going basically where the bumper cars building was, the ride is not angled towards Tidal Wave like I had previously thought. If you watch the video part of the bumper cars building shell (towards Superman) is still standing which I would assume will be part of the que area, the back spikes are going to be really close if not over part of the Screamin' Eagle (the area blown up in the video would have to be where most of the ride would be located, station, loop, etc.).

If it did then they wouldn't be doing it.
13 - Gatekeeper
14 - Millennium Force

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Sammy* » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:53 pm

traincrossin wrote:
gforce1994 wrote:

If it did then they wouldn't be doing it.

Im not trying to be funny when I ask this. But what was the point of that explosion? From what it looked like there was just dirt here, if it was indeed rock or concrete i would understand. If is was just for the facination of just blowing up things, I really hope that means this ride is getting a new train, if not that money for a "fun explosion" could have been used towards that.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Double0Kevin » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:20 pm

^ I'm guessing it has to do with ground conditions. Likely cheaper to use explosives to break up the ground than it would be to use machinery on really hard ground/bedrock. Quicker too. That's a total guess though.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby StLCPfan » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:04 pm

I'm from the same area of Missouri southwest of St. Louis. The limestone bedrock in many places is only a few feet below the topsoil in this area of the state, so I would think if they wanted to dig footers they might have to blast the bedrock in some spots.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby SteveStL » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:40 pm

I just hope Flashback will not ruin the majesty of the Eagle's Lift.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!