Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1195 - Supergirl (Zamperla Endeavour) announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: SixFlagsTimeWarner and 13 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby toomuchstereo » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:02 pm

CaptainUnknown wrote:Hey all, I have a too-early trip planning question:

Next year, I'm looking at flying into St. Louis Friday night, catch a Cardinals game, spend Saturday at SFStL, and fly home Sunday night. The plan would be to spend some time at the City Museum on Sunday morning/afternoon. How much time is recommended at the City Museum? Would it be better to do the City Museum on Saturday and Six Flags Saturday night/Sunday morning? Note: my SF Platinum pass should still be in effect.

Personally I’d do the cards game, city museum and the zoo on Saturday. Then Sunday at SIx Flags.

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Postby Woodie Warrior » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:25 pm

toomuchstereo wrote:
Woodie Warrior wrote:I don't see the park putting in effort to retheme an area unless it's DC related. Not sure why they'd feel the need to create another DC area though.

Lack of a cohesive DC area maybe. Right now it’s just random DC themed rides spread out, other than Freeze and JL with the DC circle.

That's what makes it weird for me. To have half the park (Britannia/DC circle) have a DC theme even though Batman, Joker, and Superman, DC's most famous characters, are in other areas. Of course, it's Six Flags, so I wouldn't be shocked at all if it happens.
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:39 pm

toomuchstereo wrote:
ytterbiumanalyst wrote:^ What specifically about SuperGirl prevents them from making this a ScreamPunk district?

Re-themeing a one year old ride for one thing.

Okay.... so in your head there are Six Flags executives, who you will remember work for Six Flags, who are going to say "Aw man, we would re-theme this area into our super popular Screampunk District that has made us tons of money, but gee golly gosh darnit, we just put in that Supergirl ride based on that DC theming that also makes us tons of money. Welp, guess that plan's off them."

Postby toomuchstereo » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:46 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
toomuchstereo wrote:
ytterbiumanalyst wrote:^ What specifically about SuperGirl prevents them from making this a ScreamPunk district?

Re-themeing a one year old ride for one thing.

Okay.... so in your head there are Six Flags executives, who you will remember work for Six Flags, who are going to say "Aw man, we would re-theme this area into our super popular Screampunk District that has made us tons of money, but gee golly gosh darnit, we just put in that Supergirl ride based on that DC theming that also makes us tons of money. Welp, guess that plan's off them."

Yes. Because theming an area to match a ride you just put in makes far more sense than re-theming a ride you just bought and the whole area.

Plus I know what’s happening so I don’t have to make wild guesses. :)

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:24 pm

Postby toomuchstereo » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:38 pm

Ok

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby thisdougsforu » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:08 am

Seeing people whine in the King's Island thread that their park's newly announced gigacoaster isn't unique enough makes me want to punch through my hat.

Meanwhile I'm sitting over here ready to talk myself into the tilt-o-whirl we are about to receive.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby jrkstl » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:27 am

thisdougsforu wrote:Seeing people whine in the King's Island thread that their park's newly announced gigacoaster isn't unique enough makes me want to punch through my hat.

Meanwhile I'm sitting over here ready to talk myself into the tilt-o-whirl we are about to receive.

OMG this!

So freaking true...

Postby prozach626 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:12 pm

toomuchstereo wrote:Plus I know what’s happening so I don’t have to make wild guesses. :)

Oh God... another one of these.

Postby toomuchstereo » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:30 pm

Yep one of those. I’ve stated before I work in maintenance at the park.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!