TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

It seems like the surveys going out for every park include a randomized coaster option. A Raptor clone is another one that's been seen. So as noted above this means almost nothing in and of itself (other than the fact that Six Flags is evaluating what people think about these coaster types in general).

JimH2K:

First, welcome! And second, thank you for that trip report from your visit Sunday. I’m glad you had a good visit and glad I’m not the only one that appreciates Spinsanity. Those tornado sirens were crazy, especially with the siren being right next to me. Fortunately, the park was never in an area that was under any kind of warning. Unfortunately, that didn’t keep St. Louis County from sounding it for a few minutes anyway. Next time you come to the park, please give us another TR!

Nice report and welcome to the forum!

Anyone know how much for the camel rides?

thanks.

Mike

They are $15 and includes the picture.

thanks RKO!

A bit pricey with three kids, but we will probably do it.

Mike

Nice report and welcome to the forum!

Anyone know how much for the camel rides?

thanks.

Mike

They are $15 and includes the picture.

thanks RKO!

A bit pricey with three kids, but we will probably do it.

Mike

You can put a second kid on a camel for either $5 or $10 more. But not all three.

JimH2K:

First, welcome! And second, thank you for that trip report from your visit Sunday. I’m glad you had a good visit and glad I’m not the only one that appreciates Spinsanity. Those tornado sirens were crazy, especially with the siren being right next to me. Fortunately, the park was never in an area that was under any kind of warning. Unfortunately, that didn’t keep St. Louis County from sounding it for a few minutes anyway. Next time you come to the park, please give us another TR!

Not a problem, and thanks for the welcome! Next report could be on Sunday if we stop by on our way back from the booming metropolis of Springfield, MO!

I'm not sure I'm going back to our Park. I'll have to keep the membership for another eight months or so because the contract, but I'm probably only using it to go to over Georgia and Great America. If I'm taking in a holiday event in 2019 it'll probably be winterfest at Kings island.

2018 was such a significant drop for this park. I used to use my season pass 30-40 times every year minimum. I don't even think I used it 15 times this year counting two weekends at Great America. I went to Holiday in the Park 11th times year one, and 8 last year. I don't even want to return for my second visit this year. The longer I sit and think on how bad that HITP opening weekend was the more I'm confident I don't want to support where this place is going. It's a shame because I saw good improvement over the previous 3 seasons.

Jesus Christ... That's a ton of visits. It might be time for another hobby. For as much as you've constantly bitched about the park this year I'm surprised it took you this long to say you're not going back.

You'll be back. Bet.

Nobody on any theme park message board will ever cancel a Six Flags pass that (assuming it's a gold pass) probably costs them like $6 a month max (I know of people paying $3 on old retention offers).

We all know you'll never cancel your pass. That said, nobody will care if you do because if you go 40 times a year and have a dining plan you're probably costing the park money or (best case scenario) they're probably breaking about even. Every time I see one of these idle threats on a theme park message board (as if the park cares) I can't help but laugh.

The Six Flags season pass is the best deal in the industry. I think the pass is a great deal for just your home park. When you add in the other parks, the value is incredible.

30-40 times a year is crazy. People think I go to Six Flags New England a lot and I maybe go 5-6 times per year.

I really don't want him to stop making irrational posts, though. Reminds me of me, years ago.

40 trips would almost feel like going to work, even if I didn't live nearly an hour away. If I were going for the meal plan, 40 plus SF meals would give me type two diabetes and I would be worried about my future spawn looking like the people of Walmart. On the bright side, my immune system would be on point from constant exposure to restraints.

Nobody on any theme park message board will ever cancel a Six Flags pass that (assuming it's a gold pass) probably costs them like $6 a month max (I know of people paying $3 on old retention offers).

We all know you'll never cancel your pass. That said, nobody will care if you do because if you go 40 times a year and have a dining plan you're probably costing the park money or (best case scenario) they're probably breaking about even. Every time I see one of these idle threats on a theme park message board (as if the park cares) I can't help but laugh.

This is very true. What the park wants is people like us, a family of 5 that go about 5 times a year and have the dining plan and occasionally buy souvenir giant plush snakes because my kids are awesome like that.

Sorry, enthusiasts, the park doesn't care about you.

What is irrational about wanting 2018 to be better than 2017?

I just think you should take a step back and think, "Is it really worse or have I just gone so many times that I notice these things?"

If you'd like to arrange a trade where I get SFStl and you get Michigans Adventure, BTW, I'm happy to make that deal with you.