Canobie Coaster wrote:13) Raptor- Overrated but still fun.
Every invert is great, so personally I could see someone putting basically any of them just about anywhere on their list and I'd totally get it (though I'll never get the people putting Banshee at #1. To each his own, but wtf? lol). That said...
I agree even the worst is an 8/10 in my book. I liked Raptor, I just can't put it ahead of those other ones.
1. Alpengeist- This ride is just pure amazingness from start to finish. It interacts with the terrain wonderfully, every inversion is taken at a crazy speed, and the theming is just spectacular. The ride also gets bonus points just for being at BGW. 2. Fire Dragon/Chinese Fireball- I was lucky enough to ride this one while they were still Dueling Dragons, and yeah, while non-dueling wasn't as great, it still kicked all kinds of A$$. It also contains my favorite inversion on any coaster that isn't Kumba's zero-g roll- that second immelman was just insane. Still can't believe it's gone. 3. Montu- Okay, before you question my sanity let it be known that I love the sh*t out of Montu, but I just... find it very overhyped. I know, I know, I suck, but that's my opinion. The only part I absolutely love about this ride is the batwing. Everything else is good, but I just don't see why people put this as their #1 invert. 4. Ice Dragon/Hungarian Horntail- Yeah, in every other row except the back, this was meh. Great ride,super unique layout, Top 25 material, absolutely. Just was a very meh ride to me. Fun, but far from being the best. I still miss it.
I'm hopefully making my way to Carowinds and Cedar Point next season, so I can't wait to see how Raptor/Afterburn shakes things up here.
Last edited by Dombot on Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:30 am.
1. Fire Dragon (RIP) 2. Alpengeist (better pacing than Montu) 3. Montu (what happened during that second half? slowwwwww) ... Bit of a gap here 4. Banshee 5. Afterburn 6. Patriot (underrated) 7. Ice Dragon 8. Raptor 9. Flight Deck (so good, just wish it was longer) 10. Silver Bullet 11. Batman (I've ridden 7, they're all about the same) 12. Great Bear
Added a couple this year, so I'll go with this now:
1. Batman during HITP 2. Raptor 3. Silver Bullet 4. Banshee 5. Batman not during HITP 6. Talon 7. Great Bear 8. Patriot
Wow, that kind of sounds like I didn't like the new PA ones I rode this year. Not at all. Both of them as soon as I got off I wanted to ride again immediately. I just haven't been on an invert that isn't kickass.
Got to ride Black Mamba this year and I was really impressed with it. It's not the most intense, but it's one of them. I figured the setting was going to be the lone selling point, but there's so much more to it than that. The first drop has a nice old school kick to it and it's interesting riding one of these with so many non-inverting elements.
1. Raptor 2. Dueling Dragons Fire 3. Afterburn 4. Black Mamba 5. Montu 6. Alpengeist 7. Dueling Dragons Ice 8. Fight Deck 9. Banshee 10. Great Bear 11. Talon 12. Silver Bullet 13. Batman: The Ride 14. Patriot
6. Batman clones (favorite is the first, and my first, at SFGAm) 7. Raptor 8. Flight Deck 9. Red Dragon 10. Great Bear 11. Black Mamba 12. Silver Bullet 13. Blue Dragon 14. Talon 15. Patriot 16. Nemesis Inferno
Still have yet to manage to ride Montu somehow. And I've always thought Pyrenees looked incredible. Nemesis Inferno is the only I remember to be actually somewhat disappointing.
These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment, Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.
photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by
a professional ride photographer.
For yours and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at
parks without proper permission.
You need a sense of humor to view our site,
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER! There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13." Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.