SLC'S?

Are they really?...
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!

Are they really that bad?

Total votes : 0

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Gnome » Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:24 pm

man wrote:Well kong over at SFMW is the worst. It stops and goes in several places. When someone with long hair rides you can even see it fly foward a bit than go back. Then it bangs your head obviously.

no, your just a panzy. From what I've heard from many people is that kong is one of the better SLC. And you just need to keep your head back, i only had minor head banging (which was tolerable) in the front, and you were just screaming "Ow," and well frankly.... yeah. The farther in back you go the rougher it got, but it wasn't that bad, you just need to get a little tolerance to ride's that aren't B&M/Intamin smooth. :wink:

Anyways, the layout is beatiful layout, its too bad it doesn't ride as beautifully as it looks, but I still like it. :D

Favorite element on SkyRush is the Stengel Dive!

Postby BDG » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:09 am

Scaparri wrote:Layout is great, but the ride sucks. You really get beat around pretty hard and the shuffling is horrendous. For guys, point that splits the legs on the seat becomes your worst nightmare when the shuffling begins.

Exactly. A great layout, and great to watch...

Try riding them at the beginning of the season, in the morning, if possible after a bit of rain. 90% chance of a smooth(er) ride.

Idiot.

Postby methos » Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:14 am

i have only ridden a couple, i believe two. sfne and the great nor'easter.

the great nor'easter is much more interesting since it does have the slides and log flume and just about everything else intertwined inside it. at night it feels as though you will hit all kinds of beams and things.

the other nice thing is the nice ocean view from the nor'easter.

i would still rather be riding the great white don't get me wrong but the nor'easter is fun and has a slightly modified layout.

Fully Fleaged G-Force Enthuiast

Postby coasterboi » Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:36 am

They seriously Arn't as bad as everyone says they are besause you do get some forces off them i have been on 5 because i make it so that i ride it to see if one is smooth.Like Rock N Rollercoaster is smoother than other Vekoma rides so i just like to see if there is one

BANNED

Postby ncf » Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:29 am

A guy in my class (he's a non-enthusiast) told me that he rode Tizona in Spain 37 times in row until the ride op wouldn't allow him to ride anymore :lol:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:50 am

ncf wrote:A guy in my class (he's a non-enthusiast) told me that he rode Tizona in Spain 37 times in row until the ride op wouldn't allow him to ride anymore :lol:

They were probably worried about his brain :lol:

Seriously, Tizona wasnt bad at all when I rode it in 2003. A bit bumpy, but smooth compared to other SLC's. The soft padding around the head made sure that any headbanging wasnt painfull at all.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby itnotfair » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:21 pm

If all goes well, I'll be riding Kong on the 22nd. It'll be my first SLC. Any advice to a first timer other than keeping my head back? And don't tell me not to ride it, cause I'm getting the credit!

People talk about Boomerangs and SLC's being rough. How is Invertigo at CGA? Isn't that basically a combination of the two?

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby rcdude » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:42 pm

The only SLC I have been on is Kong at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. I didn't think it was that bad, it was just a bit rough. I think the Boomerangs tend to be rougher than most SLCs. After the ride, my brother said that if B&M built an inverted coaster with the SLC layout, it would probably be one of the best inverted coasters out there.

Slightly racist and terrible at poetry

Postby Team Thriller » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:16 pm

If I remember right. Kong was smoother in the back.....
.....But it's hard to remember since it bumped my cranium around ;)

--James

We Ride with Pride

Baby I'm Ready To Gooooooooo

Postby thrillrideseeker » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:21 pm

I really enjoy them. Yes they are rough, but they are fun! The only problem is the layout is the same at almost every park.
~Matthew
~Matt & Matt~

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!