SLC'S?

Are they really?...
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!

Are they really that bad?

Total votes : 0

Idiot.

Postby waterviper » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:50 pm

The only SLC I rode was at SFEG and it wasnt that bad!! I really enjoyed it specially for my first ride!!! But then again my opinion can be decieving from someone who really likes Flashback and Psyclone at SFMM!! Stupid SFMM either tear down Flashback or open it up!!!!

Mike"who likes so called headbanging rough coasters"Black
Im your Huckleberry!

Hyper Hunter

Postby Yero » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:30 am

They are beautiful to watch at IMO, some are still smooth, like FX in Movie Park Germany and Vampire in Walibi Belgium, but El Condor in Walibi World isn't that bad, but it's the roughest.. but I think that's the most beautiful SLC i've been on.

THE_J3W

Postby man » Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:35 am

Well kong over at SFMW is the worst. It stops and goes in several places. When someone with long hair rides you can even see it fly foward a bit than go back. Then it bangs your head obviously.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby WW Goliath » Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:30 pm

SLCs look good with a good layout but on the four I have ridden the ride has ranged from bumpy (Traumatizer at Pleasureland) to downright painful (El Condor at Walibi World). Vampire at Walibi Belgium wasn't so rough but can claim the prize for the smelliest coaster I have ever ridden.

Cats are the best thing since bottled water

Postby MattJackson » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:33 pm

The layouts are very good. Its the train's restrainst that hurt. The sooner they come up with lapbars for suspended coasters, the better.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby sirloindude » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:52 pm

I find them to be smoothest up front at least in terms of side-to-side headbanging action, but the stop-and-go sensation gets really annoying. That's what a really long train will do for ya.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby coaster_type_of_person » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:07 pm

What do you guys mean by Stop and Go? Are you saying that when they go into the inversion they slow down a lot and then pick up the speed exiting the inversion?

The Unknown one

Postby Devious » Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:39 pm

i've only ever been on the boomerang/slc at geauga lake, never had a "Horrible" experiance, but never had an "OMG" good one either
Access Denied. Better known as Zerethon.

The truth is no words

Postby robbeal » Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:48 pm

coaster_type_of_person wrote:What do you guys mean by Stop and Go? Are you saying that when they go into the inversion they slow down a lot and then pick up the speed exiting the inversion?

I think that may be what people are getting at. The front of the car is pushed through. SLCs i've found to be varied. Some are okay, some are a bit delicate, depending on the maintenance etc...

I panic at the quiet times, fate leads me to much more...

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby coaster_type_of_person » Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:18 pm

Well i can't wait to get my credit on one of these bad boys! Ill probably get my credit at Geauga Lake! Thx for responding guys

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!