SLC'S?

Are they really?...
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!

Are they really that bad?

Total votes : 0

Krazy Koaster Kevin

Postby X » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:19 pm

I rode Kong for the first time this summer and the 1st time I rode, It was almost smooth :shock:, but then I rode a second time and then it just beat me up. I think the Red train on Kong runs better than the yellow one. Boomerang at SFMW was SMOOTH when I rode, Did I get lucky or is it always smooth?
Kevin"Kongs NOTHING to Flashback though! :P "Bujold
I feel bored today. :|

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby goliath » Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:41 am

IMO, SLC's can provide a decent ride for a park on a budget, but when a ride is cloned so much it becomes dull, not to mention the ride experience is a bit steryll compared to the B:TR clones. They are also not as smooth. All these reasons make SLC's much less desirable to ride IMO, but i'm a person who generally doesnt complain about rough rides....I love desperado.

Banned

Postby Mind Eraser » Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:55 am

I think that if there were only one or two SLC's in the world, instead of this oversaturation, we would see a lot more SLC enthusiasts. The fact that SO many parks have them, I believe enthusiasts just get annoyed. Same goes for Boomerangs. Look at Batman The Ride, it's a wonderful, smooth coaster, but it's rarely talked about anymore because they are everywhere.

I dunno, just my guess.

_

Postby AznShortBoi8021 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:04 am

I really enjoy SLC's. My first SLC was Mind Eraser at SFDL. It was mostly smooth with a few rough spots. Like Mind Eraser said, if there was only a few SLC's in the world, people would enjoy it more. And look at my avatar...

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby coaster_type_of_person » Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:14 pm

LOL! I wonder how many people have had to be taken to the Hospital for injuries do to Vekoma's or Togo's or Arrow's

Reride Enthusiast

Postby coasterzak » Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:15 pm

I don't mind my Thunderhawk at Geauga Lake. It's actually very re-ridable (especially because there are never lines). The location over the water is very neat and it's a great ride. However, some of the SLC's with shorter trains such as T2 or ones over land (SFNE) just aren't as fun. It's all about the location and the TLC on the SLC.

Banned

Postby Mind Eraser » Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:48 pm

LOL! I wonder hoe many people ahve had to be taken to the Hospital for ijuries do to Vekoma's or Togo's or Arrow's

You should be asking that about Son of Beast...

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby SonOfBeastSucks » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:06 pm

Mind Eraser wrote: You should be asking that about Son of Beast..

Yes! SLCs are NOTHING compared to the damage and pain SoB can cause.

Idiot.

Postby Stitch » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:24 am

Well now, I know Son Of Beast can be rough but I also know that if you ride in the middle of the car you always have a good ride. Where as with the SLCs pretty much no where is safe.
I don't post here enough to warrant a signature.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby coaster_type_of_person » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:11 pm

I would love to see a video of Robb and Elissa on SoB to see how they react to that one.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!