SLC'S?

Are they really?...
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!

Are they really that bad?

Total votes : 0

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:22 am

I rode Tizona when it was only a few months old and I really liked it. This year I rode Blue Tornado @ Gardaland, which wasnt too bad except the rolling parts. The extra helix was really smooth :lol:

Banned

Postby M_Force_4_ever » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:23 am

Tomizzle For Rizzle wrote:SFKK: Bad
I agree 100% (only SLC Ive ever been on)

Banned

Postby Mind Eraser » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:39 am

Cerberus wrote:

So, personally I'm quite thankful for these 'cheap' option Vekoma coasters. It allows small parks to finally break into the big scene and attract the attention that'll allow them to expand further.

There ya go. You hit the nail on the head. Parks know these SLC's and Boomerangs aren't the best quality, but they're cheaper and quicker than B&M's, yet they get the same attention and they have the same draw.

Adventure World built Mind Eraser in 1995 and the park saw a 25% increase in attendance that season. That's an amazing accomplishment. You can thank Mind Eraser for Six Flags America and Superman and Batwing and so on.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby YoshiFan » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:09 am

The only SLC I have been on is Great Nor'Easter at Morey's Piers and although I thought it was a little rough, overall I thought it was a good ride. I prefer B&M inverts but I would ride any SLC I see as long as the line wasn't too bad 9that's if I get to other parks with them).

Roller Coaster Joe.

Postby Joe21498 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:30 am

I have yet to have a good experience on one of these. I do like all the close calls they put into the layout but the pounding my head takes from the ride isn't worth it.

Also I have noticed that the SLC's seem to be smooth in some seats and terrible in others.
262 Coasters and Still Counting!!!

Du skulblaka fricai

Postby timetrial3141592 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:12 pm

Insane layout, crappy handling.
If this post expresses an opinion that you do not like, please refrain from bashing me, changing my profile pic and title, or sending me angry PMs. Instead try posting a thought-out response. I try to respect your views; please respect mine. Thank you.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Bush985 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:44 pm

I hate Kong with a passion at SFMW. I have gotten off that thing with sooo many headaches. The ride has a possibility for a good time, but really it turns out to be garbage.

-RD

What I do and who I am

Postby pianojohn » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:20 pm

The first year Mind Eraser was open at Six Flags America it was great: very smooth and ran great. I rode it about 10 times that day. Flash forward a few years and it is awful. I hate the new very restrictive OTSR's and the ear banging. Now if a park has an SLC, I will ride it once for the credit and pray that the headache will not last all day.

Rock Your Cock!

Postby Canobie Fan » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:33 pm

Every SLC I have been on sucked but t2... t2 I "liked" :twisted:

I'm the gyro!

Postby DerekRx » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:45 pm

As others have said, the layout is fun (original at one point, now just blah). The footchoppers are terrific and the inversions (not counting the banked turns like some parks do) are really interesting. Sadly though, a good portion of them were constructed poorly (thats what happens when a ride only costs a fraction of a B&M) and the trains just don't handle the course properly. I'd like to blame a good deal of it on the restraints, but its also just the stationary positioning of the wheel assemblies. If Elissa can spin the wheels on the ride while its in the station, its gonna be a rough ride, as can be seen in many TPR videos of yesteryear.
All clear....

Dispatch, enjoy your ride.

Derek

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!