Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

P. 1036 - Reservation System Now Live!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I teach at the school of donkey!

Re: Texas Giant Rehabilitation 2010

Postby Zingoman » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:26 pm

^Every seat on Giant was a wheel seat by the third or forth season. Those trailored trains were very short lived.

Dispite all of the trimming, and reprofiling Giant was still a force to be reckoned with. I think that just goes to show how awesome it was. Even after being raped they just couldn't take the bite out of the ride and tame it.
So Arrow was the bomb. I said that out loud :oops:

Agonizing, I drank too much CP Kool Aid

Postby cedarpointfangirl » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:31 pm

^
^^
Wow, the glory days!! Thanks for sharing!! I actually used to be able to put my hands up. I used to love the backseat, it was so intense for me. The last ride I took, right before they shut it down I had to take two advil a half hour before and jam myself in the front seat to avoid all the abuse! :) I look forward to the future.
I Find Your Lack of Faith Disturbing.
Darth Vader

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby KDcoasterMAN » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:46 pm

I think Cedar Fair should beconsidering buying a few of these coasters, even on the small scale...
Both Hurlers, Mean Streak, SOB (That's a Maybe), Wolverine Wildcat...

It could bring new thrills back to these once classic rides. I think a Iron Horse Hurler would be amazing!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby athurart09 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:52 pm

Gwazi and Wildcat have/had PTCs, PTCs make coasters suck! IDK about Evel and Renegade though.

I think everyone should send in their underwear to SFI with the words "Give TG Timberliners" on them. That'd make a statement.

FIRE HAIRED BOY

Postby krazekiddd » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:40 pm

^Please do it and report back.

I'm glad I haven't ridden this since I was 16! Maybe I'll go visit the family next spring if it's open and hop on a ride. Kind of excited to see what it's like. :)

2007 TPR MidWest Tour | 2008 TPR East Coast Tour |2009 TPR West Coast Tour | 2010 TPR USA Trips | 2011 TPR Tokyo | 2012 Europe Trip

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby Funky Cold Medina » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:00 pm

www.sixflags.com/overTexas/rides/TexasGiant.aspx

Look at the time lapse pictures and look towards the bottom left hand corner where the brake run is, that track wasn't there before and it looks like it's banked, I think the magic carpet is going in! :b And also the ledgers near it look banked as well! This is awesome!!
Toro|Krypton|Giant|Maverick|Volcano|Dommy|Dback|Alpengeist|Beast|Griffon
Bojangles' Famous Chicken 'n Biscuits|Facebook|YouTube

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby Zingoman » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:07 pm

^I was just about to post about this! They seem to have left the final bunny hill profile just as it was! You can see the ledgers for it on the webcam! "That which we do not speak of" is getting started!
:b :br :b :br :b :br

However it looks like there is a nice flat spot going into the brake shed, like the ride won't dip down after that bunny hill before the brakes as far as it used to.
So Arrow was the bomb. I said that out loud :oops:

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby Funky Cold Medina » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:49 pm

Ok, read this,

(9/18/10) Screamscape sources have confirmed that the new Texas Giant cars will indeed look like big Cadillacs with Bull Horns on the front. Boss Hogg would be proud my friends!

*facepalm* This can either look really cool, or completely stupid.
Toro|Krypton|Giant|Maverick|Volcano|Dommy|Dback|Alpengeist|Beast|Griffon
Bojangles' Famous Chicken 'n Biscuits|Facebook|YouTube

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby KCForce » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:15 pm

^I'm going to vote for looks cool (in a kitchy, yet seriously cool way). *crosses fingers*

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby texcoaster » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:07 pm

^ and ^^

I don't know whether to applaud or cry. I'm going to cautiously go for applause. In one sense, this is a completely new, first-of-its-kind, absolutely outlandish makeover and it deserves something truly unique for rolling stock. I get that.
But horny Caddies?

On the other hand, I like the contrast of a cutesy, whimsical, family-friendly-looking train rolling along totally badass extreme coaster track. I just hope the "nose" on the front isn't too big. I hate getting a front seat ride and still not being able to see the track because of some lame lead car decoration (Vekoma mine train, anyone?) The nose on Xcelerator is even too long for my tastes, although it does add a bit of excitement to the top hat by keeping you from seeing any track until you're completely vertical.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!