TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

That certainly looks a lot more like the removal of Aquaman is inevitable.

As for the other project keeping the train closed, he didn't elaborate beyond that so he either doesn't know or isn't willing to say. Someone asked if the removal of Aquaman and whatever might be replacing it could be impacting the train since the track sits adjacent to the ride and he said it was possible. Take that with the grain of salt I would anything that's not coming from official sources at the park. The guy that posted this is a pretty straight shooter that's worked at the park a long time and I would err on the side of believing that he really doesn't know what's happening.

you know.... Big Bend used to fit in that space pretty nice- well some of it anyway. An RMC Raptor "kind of" reminds me of Big Bend..... Both Raptors traverse over water.....we don't have a Wonder Woman named attraction - hmmmmm. I am a little bummed about losing a water ride in a very hot Park in the summer. Gotham could really use a water based attraction- that end of the Park is very hot and dry.

That’s hardly confirmation. What if the new improvements are just improvements to the existing ride? I’m not saying the ride isn’t a goner, but this is just more circumstantial evidence.

I for one am not going to be missing Aquaman at all. I always thought it was obnoxiously hideous. It's removal means another DC-ride out of a non-DC area - so good riddance!

I always thought the west-side of SFOT was one of the best looking areas of any Six Flags park, while the other half of the park is certainly one of the worst. I would love if whatever replaces Aquaman would restore some contiguity to that area of the park, but because I know that wont happen, I hope whatever DC-themed ride comes is at least not hideous as Aquaman was.

^ The two prevailing theories with regards to a possible replacement for Aquaman are as follows.

Theory #1 = Mack Power Splash.

Theory #2 = RMC Single Rail Coaster - Raptor, T-Rex.

Whatever happens I'm going to enjoy documenting it for my YouTube channel, FB and TPR.

• 2 weeks later...
This word, "prevailing," you keep using it. I do not think it means what you think it means.

One of the acceptable definitions of prevailing is "current". So technically, he's using it correctly.

Video of El Diablo being delivered and fully assembled was posted to the park's Facebook page today. I tried embedding the video here, but kept striking out.

[fbvideonew]https://www.facebook.com/sixflagsovertexas/videos/2307383406239128/[/fbvideonew]

Whooooaaaaa!!!! That thing is a LOT larger than I was expecting.

Yes, it does look like the train will operate during the season. However, the train runs adjacent to the now defunct Aquaman: Splashdown ride where work continues. This area is considered an FRA or "Future Ride Area". What this means is that, at times, there may be considerable work going on in the area, including the use of large cranes ect. If this happens, there may be certain hours or even days when the train will not operate due to large construction equipment compromising the train tracks. It's also possible that the walkway directly behind the tracks will be periodically closed to allow for the use of large equipment, cranes ect.

Some fanboy page on Facebook is claiming that Herschend Entertainment is working a deal to purchase or acquire SFOT and two other Six Flags parks for 5 billion dollars, stating the buyout could be completed as early as 2021. Sounds like a load of garbage. Kinda makes you wonder what if though.

Some fanboy page on Facebook is claiming that Herschend Entertainment is working a deal to purchase or acquire SFOT and two other Six Flags parks for 5 billion dollars, stating the buyout could be completed as early as 2021.

I'm putting my bets on Darien Lake as one of the other two. Sometimes you gotta double down and try again.

Some fanboy page on Facebook is claiming that Herschend Entertainment is working a deal to purchase or acquire SFOT and two other Six Flags parks for 5 billion dollars, stating the buyout could be completed as early as 2021. Sounds like a load of garbage. Kinda makes you wonder what if though.

Yeah, I’m thinking not.