Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park Discussion Thread

P. 126 - Trespasser dies at park
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Full Fledged RETARD!

Postby Adrenaline_Rush » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:01 am

You know what would be cool, if that backing with the picture of poseidon moved, and you could see him get all mad, he would roar out, and slam the water, and when he did that a wave would form, it would be an interactive wave pool. I am suprised no one has ever thought of that, I think that if they designed the first interactive wave pool more people would come. And it would be a freakin' sweet experience.

Comment on my idea please, see what you think, I personally think it would be cool.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Airtime&Gravity » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:08 am

^That would be cool, but Mt. Olympus is fairly cheap when it comes to theming, landscaping, etc.

Airtime-Mt. Olympus makes CF parks look great when it comes to theming and landscaping-&Gravity

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby verticalzero » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:13 am

That would be a good idea to have Poseidon moving when a wave is created. He could "roar" instead of a siren to tell everyone the waves are being produced. :)

Hopefully the Park has some safety measurements in place so the under 16's are not allowed too near the front of the pool.

I'll grab my boggie-board and head for the 9ft high swell, so mad and great fun at the same time.

With all that extra cash the park can retrack their coasters esp "Zeus".

Someone post a "POV" of the waves..
"Roller coaster design is a science, as well as an art: a state of pure bliss".

--------------------------------------

Sir Haunts-a-lot

Postby Vffreak07 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:25 am

I like that idea, but are you suggesting they put like an anamatronic screen on the back wall?

Full Fledged RETARD!

Postby Adrenaline_Rush » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:36 am

I am just saying they put a screen on the back wall where the poseidon picture is formed, and just have poseidon moving about on the screen, and when a wave is coming, they have a roar of poseidon, then he gets all mad and raises his arms all godly, and says something and smacks the water really fast and when he smacked the water, the wave would come bursting out at the guests. And he would have 3 cycles of what he did.

I.E.

The Big Wave - He roars, dark clouds roll in, raises his hands, and slaps the water...

Bobbing Wave - He roars, wind comes in and whistles loudly, he multiple times hits the water in diferent spots to create the bobbing effect...

Surfing Waves - Roars, takes his staff thing, raises it, lightning strikes, then he lowers it in a mad rush of speed.

Also they could have a schedule of when bobbing waves are, big waves, and surfing waves, to appear on the screen around every 15 minutes.

Sir Haunts-a-lot

Postby Vffreak07 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:53 am

Mmm. I like it. : ]] Is that how the cycle goes?

Full Fledged RETARD!

Postby Adrenaline_Rush » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:01 pm

Yeh I guess...IDK its a work in progress...things come to me as they just pop in my head :lolr:

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Gav » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:01 am

Ah, now I see where you are coming from, cool idea. It would be pretty expensive though, since it is outdoors in daylight you would need to use one of those LED big screens like you see at stadiums. But having a screen at the back of a wave pool is not a new concept, a WnW here in Australia there is a large movie screen at the back of the wave pool which they operate at night, so its a floating cinema.

This pool is impressive, but why not expand the old wave pool instead of building a whole new one,

Not that simple mate, remember pools are built into the ground with quite a bit of concrete, so 'expanding' a pool would need quite a bit of jackhammering and reconstruction to the point that it just becomes more worthwhile to build a new pool. Also, they needed to build a whole new pool because of the 9' wave system. With these pools doing huge waves there is a lot more to it than just whacking a big generator at the back, the shaping of the pool comes into it to make sure the waves form correctly. Trying to retrofit this onto an existing pool would be a nightmare.
but hopefully they replace the old wave pool with a new water ride(tornado, large tube slide, etc) since it will probably get few swimmers now.

Why not keep both. From the pics that thing looks shallow, you would keep the old wave pool since you can actually swim around properly in the waves. Plus you could always build other slides elsewhere in the park.

Full Fledged RETARD!

Postby Adrenaline_Rush » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:46 am

But having a screen at the back of a wave pool is not a new concept, a WnW here in Australia there is a large movie screen at the back of the wave pool which they operate at night, so its a floating cinema.

No, I mean my concept is an interactive video. That can actually create waves whenever something happens on the screen. Not just a film randomly played. Man I wanna go to WnW in Austrailia. I went to the one here in Florida. Its tourist CENTRAL. Especially off of I-Drive. And it seems so random to just put a park right there on a packed road. And the parking sucks. Though the rides are awesome its just packed with TOURISTS! (No offense to tourists here on TPR) Its the tourists that have no FREAKIN clue where there going or how to drive. Or think they can do something but cant. Take Downtown Disney, at around 9 am. The road to get there with all the discount shops is PACKED WITH IDIOTIC TOURISTS who look at a map while driving which is really dumb because the sign says DISNEY THIS WAY 2 MILES!

Anyways I love the WnW here, its just the TOURISTS!!!!!

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby CoasterNut17 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:02 pm

OMG! This was the best expirience ever! I just got back from there, and I can only say that it was like a brick wall running into you. It is way taller than in any of the pictures, and the current that comes after the wave is really intense. It is actually an expirience in itself, and I can see them keeping their other wave pool because this actually runs on a 1:30 cycle of one large wave and a couple little ones. It is really fun, and I encourage you to get out there to try it out! It is seriously amazing!

P.S. - I will post my pictures once I get them scanned in, as it was a disposable camera.
Coaster Count: 94
Idiocy-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"
www.coasterwarriors.com

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!