Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

P. 212 - Camp Snoopy Coming in 2020
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

Postby VF15 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:15 am

Yesterday I visited Michigan’s Adventure for the first time and had a nice day. I’ve wanted to visit this park for a while, particularly for Shivering Timbers, and with me living only a few hours away for the summer, it seemed like a good time to go. This was the seventh Cedar Fair I’ve been to and probably the most unique one so far. In many ways it didn’t really feel like a typical Cedar Fair park. Apart from some the typical CF staples like the trash cans, FunTV, and certain food/merch locations, the park had a relatively unique feel to it, as many aspects of the park feel held over since before it was bought out, but I wasn’t bothered by it. Overall it was a great day to be at the park, weather was mostly sunny and in the low 70s. Crowds levels were very low, my only long wait all day was for Mad Mouse (20 minutes), everything else was only a one train/cycle wait. The park has an interesting selection of both coasters and flats. Below I’ll share some thoughts on the park’s coasters...

-Shivering Timbers: This coaster was the reason I made the trip to MiA and it did not disappoint. The ride has a great first drop and features tons of airtime on its many hills, some floater and some ejector. The ending helix was nice too with some strong laterals. Will definitely be somewhere in my top 5 wooden coasters.
-Wolverine Wildcat: Despite the fact that there wasn’t much airtime, it was an enjoyable coaster for what it was. Had some decent drops and a few laterals in some places.
-Corkscrew: For a 40-year-old Arrow, it gave a relatively smooth experience. It’s a short ride but still had fun.
-Thunderhawk: After being an enthusiast for several years now, I finally rode my first Vekoma SLC, and it wasn’t that bad. It was honestly bumpier on the arms and shoulders than the head, but overall was not nearly as bad as it could have been. It provided a relatively intense ride otherwise.
-Mad Mouse: An exact copy of the Arrow Mouse from Valleyfair. Fun ride with nice laterals.
-Zach’s Zoomer: Not bad for a family coaster. Had a few pops of airtime here and there.
Last edited by VF15 on Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:44 pm.
Valleyfair Ride Operator
2016 - Wild Thing
2017 - Wild Thing/Xtreme Swing
2018 - Steel Venom/Scrambler

Cedar Point Ride Operator
2019 - Cedar Creek Mine Ride

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:20 am

Glad you enjoyed Shivering Timbers. I love my out and back woodies and that really is one on steroids.

If you thought Thunderhawk was bumpy, wait until you try some other SLCs. That's one of the smoother ones.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Rainbow MagicLand & Gardaland

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:06 pm

Glad you had a good time. I agree with your assessment of all the coasters. Shivering Timbers alone is worth the trip to Muskegon, which is good considering that nothing else is worth traveling for. Once you're there though, they do have a handful of other enjoyable rides, and you can make a day of it. Certainly there are better parks, but you're not going to have a bad time at Michigan's Adventure.

Postby thrillrider » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:26 am

Looks like the park is removing the car ride. Sunday is your last chance to ride it. Found this on Facebook...

https://www.facebook.com/379228192703850/posts/396231257670210/
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Postby coasterbill » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:39 am

Holy crap. Are they actually gearing up for a dry park addition?

Based on the location it's probably a kiddy area upgrade but still... look out, world.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:57 am

^ That would be a nice location for a gazebo with some more benches.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Rainbow MagicLand & Gardaland

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby codeGR » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:19 am

My first thought was replacing it with a more traditional antique car ride, like what was just installed at Kings Island.

Postby coasterbill » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:21 am

I would laugh so hard. Please let them do that.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby grsupercity » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:36 am

I have been predicting camp snoopy. I might actually be right for once

That ride has been really have some issues this year. One side hasnt ran all year and the other has been limped along
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby MIAfan88 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:57 pm

Knowing them, the area could turn into a grassy area like what happened to the Stinger area at Dorney Park.

If it is a Camp / Planet Snoopy, how many new rides are expected? Truthfully, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was 2 or 3 new rides.....I guess that’s a lot for a park that likely won’t get anything new after this for 5 years.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!