Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

P.24 - New Shivering Timbers POV!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Re: Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

Postby Cyrbuzz » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:07 am

There’s a rumor from dipping dots guy that the parking lot may get fresh stripes and maybe even some fresh directional arrows!!!

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby codeGR » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:29 am

^ That would actually be an improvement that I would accept.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Parker821 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:12 pm

A very disturbing timeline.
2017 Ride Operator - Mad Mouse/Shivering Timbers
2018 Ride Operator - Shivering Timbers

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Cyrbuzz » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:20 am

Does Cedar Fair flat out hate this park or what? I mean come on give this park some love already. 10 years since receiving their last major ride and it was a hand me down to boot. MIA has soo much land and so much potential. I’m not buying the competition against Cedar Point argument because Kings Island is way closer to Cedar Point and doesn’t take away anything.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:09 am

Yup, you caught them... they “hate the park”. :lol:

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby grsupercity » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:57 am

I will admit from being a regular that they have horrible staffing issues. They really need some dorms to ship some workers in. I laugh when you look at the timeline. The old owners never had problems adding rides every year. Heck they added Shivering Timbers, Mad Mouse and Big dipper in 2 years.
As of right now top 25
Maverick...Lightning Run...Fury325...Phantoms Revenge...Shivering Timbers...Montu...:lighting Rod...Afterburn...Mako...Storm Chaser...Goliath SFGAM...Rivine flyer2...Manta...Raging Bull ...American Thunder...Intimidator...Kumba...Millennium Force...Raptor...Voyage...Mine Blower...Renegade...Cheetah Hunt...Mr Freeze
Is that 26?

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby CNYCoasterguy11 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:21 am

Cedar Fair doesn't need to add rides here every year because the park does so well financially. It is usually one of if not the best performing park each year. And when you think about it, there is not a ton of competition nearby to really draw people away. They have a good thing going right now. If it aint broke don't fix it. The nearest large parks are between 3 and a half to 4 and a half hours away. Many average people wont drive that far just for an amusement park. Not to mention anyone North of the Park has even further to drive. Cedar Fair knows they have a good thing going. Sure it would be nice to add a ride every couple of years just to keep things fresh, but people don't seem to mind and keep flocking here.
COASTER COUNT:
TOTAL:132
STEEL:101
WOOD:31
PARKS:25

Postby thrillrider » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:22 am

grsupercity wrote:I will admit from being a regular that they have horrible staffing issues. They really need some dorms to ship some workers in. I laugh when you look at the timeline. The old owners never had problems adding rides every year. Heck they added Shivering Timbers, Mad Mouse and Big dipper in 2 years.

Most of the cedarfair parks have staffing issues, but still receive new attractions.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:55 am

Parker821 wrote:A very disturbing timeline.

I knew it was bad, but dang. :devil:
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Disney California Adventure & Disneyland

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby cparkes92 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:07 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:
Parker821 wrote:A very disturbing timeline.

I knew it was bad, but dang. :devil:

Forgot to mention the Timbertown Railway addition around 2008. Timbertown used to be just a loop between Shivering Timbers and Wolverine Wildcat. Around 2008, a second station was added between Grand Rapids and ThunderHawk.

MiA (along with the other smaller CF parks such as Dorney and Valleyfair) is a cash cow for the big CF parks (I went there once this year and the park was packed, especially the water park area)
Top 10 steel: Steel Vengeance, Millennium Force, Maverick, Mako, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, SheiKra, Montu
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Blue Streak (CP), Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!