La Ronde Discussion Thread

P. 125 - Vipère Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: La Ronde Discussion Thread

Postby jansolee » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:49 am

ultradude306 wrote:^ Well, it seems to be the same with my home park of Canada's Wonderland, where the front row on our SLC isn't half bad.

On another note, I've also learned that La Ronde has a slingshot (reverse bungee ride). I'm pretty pumped to ride it, but if anybody's done it before (or a similar ride), it would be great to know if it's worth the upcharge.

I haven't been on that particular slingshot, but I definitely think it's something you need to try at least once.

As for coasters to ride, I would add Cobra to the list. Not because I think it's an amazing ride (it's not), but because it is a relatively unique experience. There aren't many Intamin stand-ups lying around, from what I've gathered, and it's fun to compare it to your home Togo stand-up, Skyrider. Cobra is certainly smoother, but I happen to think that Skyrider is the better ride.

And despite all of the flack Le Monstre is getting in this thread, I still love it (especially when I compare it to Canada's Wonderland's wooden coasters).

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby booink » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:05 pm

jansolee wrote:And despite all of the flack Le Monstre is getting in this thread, I still love it (especially when I compare it to Canada's Wonderland's wooden coasters).

Same for me ! =)
Favorites :
Steel : Maverick, Wicked Cyclone, Superman: the ride (SFNE)
Wood : El Toro, Phoenix, Lightning Racers
Total coaster count : 137

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby CanadaCoasterKid » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:49 pm

Any update on the PTC's? I'm going on the 20th of this month.
Mom, can we have B&M's for dinner?

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Location: Front seat of Leviathan, or if WFS (World's Finest Shows) is in town, then there.

Postby ultradude306 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:54 pm

jansolee wrote:
ultradude306 wrote:^ Well, it seems to be the same with my home park of Canada's Wonderland, where the front row on our SLC isn't half bad.

On another note, I've also learned that La Ronde has a slingshot (reverse bungee ride). I'm pretty pumped to ride it, but if anybody's done it before (or a similar ride), it would be great to know if it's worth the upcharge.

I haven't been on that particular slingshot, but I definitely think it's something you need to try at least once.

As for coasters to ride, I would add Cobra to the list. Not because I think it's an amazing ride (it's not), but because it is a relatively unique experience. There aren't many Intamin stand-ups lying around, from what I've gathered, and it's fun to compare it to your home Togo stand-up, Skyrider. Cobra is certainly smoother, but I happen to think that Skyrider is the better ride.

And despite all of the flack Le Monstre is getting in this thread, I still love it (especially when I compare it to Canada's Wonderland's wooden coasters).

If Cobra is smother than Skyrider (which is only somewhat rough in the corners, which isn't bad considering its a 28 year old TOGO), why do people hate on the Intamin standups so much?.. Are they force less or something?.. Guessing that Cobra wouldn't be as intense as Skyrider.
Check Out My YouTube Channel!

Channel: ultradude306
http://m.youtube.com/#/user/ultradude306?&desktop_uri=%2Fuser%2Fultradude306
Funny vids, coasters, & more!

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby KingRCT3 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:03 am

A breaking news from a guy working at the park (as seen here):

Allo tout le monde!

Ce matin en arrivant au travail sur le Goliath à La Ronde, on a eu la surprise de trouver quelqu'un en train de brancher une antenne wifi surle quai.

Quelques jours plus tôt; des personnes chargées de la com' au parc se sont pointées pour affubler d'une paire de lunettes vraiment bizarre un passager pris au hasard et l'ont pris en photo.

Ce matin donc, on a appris qu'à partir de mi juin, un système de réalité virtuelle synchronisé avec le parcours serait mis en vente sur l'attraction.

Drôle d'idée, mais j'ai plutôt hâte d'essayer ça! Ça va complètement changer le feeling du ride

Translation :

"Hi everybody!

While getting back to work on Goliath this morning, we were surprised to find someone plugging a wifi antenna on the loading platform.

Some days earlier, guys from the marketing department went and put very weird glasses on a random rider and took a picture of him.

So this morning, we've learnt that from mid-June, a virtual reality system, synchronized with the layout will be sold at the ride.

Weird idea, but I can't wait to try it! It will completely change the feel of the ride."

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Location: Front seat of Leviathan, or if WFS (World's Finest Shows) is in town, then there.

Postby ultradude306 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:19 am

booink wrote:
jansolee wrote:And despite all of the flack Le Monstre is getting in this thread, I still love it (especially when I compare it to Canada's Wonderland's wooden coasters).

Same for me ! =)

Well, i guess Le Monstre (although it seems to be nowhere near the quality of the stuff in the States) seems to be almost like our version of Colossus or American Eagle.... At least in the sense of it being a huge double woodie.
Check Out My YouTube Channel!

Channel: ultradude306
http://m.youtube.com/#/user/ultradude306?&desktop_uri=%2Fuser%2Fultradude306
Funny vids, coasters, & more!

Postby booink » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:31 pm

KingRCT3 wrote:A breaking news from a guy working at the park (as seen here):

Allo tout le monde!

Ce matin en arrivant au travail sur le Goliath à La Ronde, on a eu la surprise de trouver quelqu'un en train de brancher une antenne wifi surle quai.

Quelques jours plus tôt; des personnes chargées de la com' au parc se sont pointées pour affubler d'une paire de lunettes vraiment bizarre un passager pris au hasard et l'ont pris en photo.

Ce matin donc, on a appris qu'à partir de mi juin, un système de réalité virtuelle synchronisé avec le parcours serait mis en vente sur l'attraction.

Drôle d'idée, mais j'ai plutôt hâte d'essayer ça! Ça va complètement changer le feeling du ride

Translation :

"Hi everybody!

While getting back to work on Goliath this morning, we were surprised to find someone plugging a wifi antenna on the loading platform.

Some days earlier, guys from the marketing department went and put very weird glasses on a random rider and took a picture of him.

So this morning, we've learnt that from mid-June, a virtual reality system, synchronized with the layout will be sold at the ride.

Weird idea, but I can't wait to try it! It will completely change the feel of the ride."

Interressing new, but I doubt I'd like the experience as I think dark rides and roller coasters should remain separated. And giving glasses to every rider will make the dispatch process even longer !

Curious to see how it'll come out, though...

And also...
CanadaCoasterKid wrote:Any update on the PTC's? I'm going on the 20th of this month.

Le Monstre is not open yet, as the trains are too heavy for the structure and there's much problems with those. Apparently La Ronde will try to open one-side one-train for the summer, but for the moment it's not yet open.
Favorites :

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby CanadaCoasterKid » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:55 pm

Wow, that'll suck. Monstre has a stupidly long line with both sides open.

EDIT: Wait, will Goliath be closed too!?
Mom, can we have B&M's for dinner?

Postby booink » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:31 pm

^Don't worry, Goliath and Vampire are the most reliable rides of the park ;) . I *think* Le Monstre is supposed to re-open this week-end, but I'm not sure yet. I've found that info on a La Ronde fan forum, and all the rumors going on around Le Monstre makes it a little confusing. :?r I'll update that info if I can check it out tommorow !

EDIT : ok, I just understood why you asked the question about Goliath. I don't know at all, I'll try to give the information tommorow as well.
Favorites :

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby Whodey » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:02 pm

I will be going to the park June 30. I know I should get a flash pass but if I choose not to, what order should I do the coasters if I get there first thing in the morning? I am driving up from Burlington and wondered if there is parking at the park since it is in the city? Thanks for any tips.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!