La Ronde Discussion Thread

P. 125 - Vipère Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Re: La Ronde Discussion Thread

Postby 3Mutts » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:26 pm

DarienPoint wrote:^ I had no problems going in July, but yeah, they have like 5 buildings run down and unused that look like eyesores. Hopefuly next year they add something in Cobra's plot so we can see sprucing up of that area as well.

Me and my mom lucked out, we have Platinum membership that allowed us to use the membership entrance and skip the regular line. That line was awful though, it was easily 30-45 mins and to just get into the park that is atrocious. We didnt know about the second entrance before we went to Goliath and found it but next time we go we will be using that entrance if its open.
Coaster Count: 142 total 94 steel 48 wood
Favorite Steel Coaster: Skyrush at Hershey Park
Favorite Wood Coaster: A tie between The Voyage at Holiday World and T Express at Everland
I'm posting from a IPad so I can't enable pics/video

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Superbatboy » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:05 pm

Can't help but wonder if La Ronde had an S&S canceled in favor of this...
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby DarienPoint » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:20 pm

3Mutts wrote:
DarienPoint wrote:^ I had no problems going in July, but yeah, they have like 5 buildings run down and unused that look like eyesores. Hopefuly next year they add something in Cobra's plot so we can see sprucing up of that area as well.

Me and my mom lucked out, we have Platinum membership that allowed us to use the membership entrance and skip the regular line. That line was awful though, it was easily 30-45 mins and to just get into the park that is atrocious. We didnt know about the second entrance before we went to Goliath and found it but next time we go we will be using that entrance if its open.

I got there a half hour before it opened so I only waited around 5-10 mins. Rode Goliath 20+ times that day, and it was one of the days the park was open till 11:30pm. The other entrance wasn't open both days I went, it seems like they don't want people entering there, cause the parking situation is so annoying and that results in them blocking off the road to get there.
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 100 || Parks: 16
100th Coaster: Comet @ TGE :b
Top 10: 1. Superman the Ride | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Millennium Force | 4. Maverick | 5. Leviathan | 6. Goliath (La Ronde) | 7. Kingda Ka | 8. Behemoth | 9. Bizzaro | 10. El Toro

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Lotologist492 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:49 pm

BLEO wrote:Hope they can restore the ride to how it originally is supposed to be run like its sister, Insane at Gröna Lund.

On a side note, is it me or is Vipère a bit of a weird name for this ride? Literally meaning "Viper" in French, this is supposedly themed after a venomous snake. The name would have been more fitting for a coaster with a longer train to be honest.

Perfect ride for La Ronde though.

I got to ride this as Green Lantern at SFMM in Summer 2017 - and I was among the last riders before the ride was closed for good. This will be a completely new ride experience for this park. Interestingly, SF White Water in Atlanta, GA is getting a massive new water slide called "Python Plunge" in 2020 - and the 'python' in the logo is IDENTICAL to the 'viper' in the logo for Vipere!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:12 pm

It would be nice, if those who run La Ronde actually go over to Sweden,
and Grona Lund park, and try INSANE out for them self. Hmm? :airtime:
R_06GronaLundINSANEertMorning.jpg
Still going strong in Sweden, I hope. TPR 2009 Scandi Tour.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby LegendLover » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:45 am

I think what they need in the former Cobra area is a smaller second entrance and then maybe a flat ride near the tail end of Vampire, maybe a Zamperla Endeavor.

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby LegendLover » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:43 am

Any updates on Viper?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:27 am

LegendLover wrote:Any updates on Viper?

Why? Hoping it’s damaged beyond repair in shipment or something? Yeah I feel you...

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby FireandBlood91 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:35 pm

Most of the pieces are still sitting under Riddler's Revenge at Magic Mountain

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby booink » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:09 pm

LegendLover wrote:Any updates on Viper?

Super Manège is gone and they installed a big sign to advertise the new ride next to where it will stand. I've also seen on pictures on other forums that they have received some track pieces and cars, but as these pictures aren't mine I won't share them here. I'll try to go get some myself later this week.
IMG_20191005_152720.jpg

IMG_20191005_152726.jpg
Favorites :
Steel : Maverick, Wicked Cyclone, Superman: the ride (SFNE)
Wood : El Toro, Phoenix, Lightning Racers
Total coaster count : 137

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!