La Ronde Discussion Thread

P. 125 - Vipère Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: La Ronde Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:31 pm

Honorarius wrote:
Nrthwnd wrote:
^ Actually, it would be just "Six Flags Over Quebec", then.

We're still waitidng in Western Canada, for Six Flags:Galaxyland to happen.

;)

Actually it'd have to be Six(sees) Drapeau Sur Quebec.

^ C'est noté. :smile:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby booink » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:06 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:
booink wrote:
DarienPoint wrote:That's awesome, thanks! I'm going Wednesday, how will lines be?

I might just have been lucky, but in the last two years I'd say, I've been to La Ronde several times where the lines were fairly manageable even on days where I expected crowds. However it is probable that there will be more people on a Wednesday, especially in the evening, as it's a fireworks day.

It is also true that if you go right at the opening you will have to wait in line for a while to get in the park, so unless you're pressed by time or really want to spend a lot of time at the park I would suggest you to wait one or two hours after opening to go. :Pr

I showed up midday and had to wait 2 hours to get in the park.

I have photos to prove it.

I learned later in the day they had a back entrance too. Is that one less busy?

The back entrance is not always open, but when it is, it's definitely less crowded than the front entrance. As a bonus, if you park in the back parking lot you also get great photo ops of Goliath :b
Favorites :
Steel : Maverick, Wicked Cyclone, Superman: the ride (SFNE)
Wood : El Toro, Phoenix, Lightning Racers
Total coaster count : 137

Postby DarienPoint » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:13 pm

^ Do they tell you when it's open?
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 100 || Parks: 16
100th Coaster: Comet @ TGE :b
Top 10: 1. Superman the Ride | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Millennium Force | 4. Maverick | 5. Leviathan | 6. Goliath (La Ronde) | 7. Kingda Ka | 8. Behemoth | 9. Bizzaro | 10. El Toro

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby 3Mutts » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:18 pm

booink wrote:
DarienPoint wrote:That's awesome, thanks! I'm going Wednesday, how will lines be?

I might just have been lucky, but in the last two years I'd say, I've been to La Ronde several times where the lines were fairly manageable even on days where I expected crowds. However it is probable that there will be more people on a Wednesday, especially in the evening, as it's a fireworks day.

It is also true that if you go right at the opening you will have to wait in line for a while to get in the park, so unless you're pressed by time or really want to spend a lot of time at the park I would suggest you to wait one or two hours after opening to go. :Pr

If you have at least a Platinum membership you don't have to wait in that line as you can go through the membership entrance. I learned this when I went in May, and it REALLY helps as you get a good couple hours of no lines before all the regular pass holders and ticket people come in.
Coaster Count: 142 total 94 steel 48 wood
Favorite Steel Coaster: Skyrush at Hershey Park
Favorite Wood Coaster: A tie between The Voyage at Holiday World and T Express at Everland
I'm posting from a IPad so I can't enable pics/video

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby Jason Maier » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:39 am

Regarding the dining plan, at La Ronde; don't you need to actually get paper vouchers for your meals/snacks when you enter as opposed to actually using your pass at the food stands?

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby steamedturtle » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:55 am

3Mutts wrote:
booink wrote:

If you have at least a Platinum membership you don't have to wait in that line as you can go through the membership entrance. I learned this when I went in May, and it REALLY helps as you get a good couple hours of no lines before all the regular pass holders and ticket people come in.

I visited earlier this season and queued up in the absolutely massive regular line, until I noticed there was a membership entrance that didn't have a single soul in it. So that definitely saved a lot of time. I just have the regular gold+ membership, and they let me through.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:05 am

3Mutts wrote:
booink wrote:

I'm definitely filing this tip away when I return to the park someday.

Jason Maier wrote:Regarding the dining plan, at La Ronde; don't you need to actually get paper vouchers for your meals/snacks when you enter as opposed to actually using your pass at the food stands?

If it's the same as it was in 2016, I believe you go to Guest Services or the Season Pass office (I forget which one, but it's the building next to the front entrance once you enter the park) to get the food vouchers.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Rainbow MagicLand & Gardaland

Postby booink » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:21 pm

DarienPoint wrote:^ Do they tell you when it's open?

They don't, usually it's only open on busier days ; considering you said you were going on Wednesay, it might be open considering it'll be a fireworks day.

If the parking at the back of the park is open then the back entrance also is, so assuming you're going to the park by car try to go as far as possible once you enter the front parking, and eventually there'll be a sign that tells you to park at the front if the back parking lot is closed on that day.
Favorites :
Steel : Maverick, Wicked Cyclone, Superman: the ride (SFNE)
Wood : El Toro, Phoenix, Lightning Racers
Total coaster count : 137

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby LR2017 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:34 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:
booink wrote:

I showed up midday and had to wait 2 hours to get in the park.

I have photos to prove it.

I learned later in the day they had a back entrance too. Is that one less busy?

But you went to the park in 2016. 2016 was the busiest year since 1985 and the lines were horribly long everywhere.
I honestly haven't waited more than 10 minutes this season to get into the park and the most you'll wait for a ride is 30 min for Monstre or for Titan. Goliath always has a 10 min wait and Vampire is almost always a walk on when I go.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:03 am

^ I don't remember the waits inside the park being overly oppressive. Most major rides looked to have a half hour wait.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Rainbow MagicLand & Gardaland

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!