Six Flags Mexico (SFM) Discussion Thread

P. 94 - New Kids Areas for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Mexico (SFM) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:22 am

^ I went about a week after HITP ended this year. There was no rehab schedule, but it was definitely a slower time since the coasters only ran one train. The only things closed were the free spin, the rapids, and the kids area (the latter due to construction).

In both visits, the park has been packed so definitely get a Flash Pass since it's like $15 to skip 10 rides.

Driving in Mexico City is like the traffic of NYC with nonsensical roadways so I strongly recommend Uber since it's so cheap.

La Feria is nearby. They do have some rare rides, but that place has some of the worst ops I've ever seen. They have staggered openings and could close every major thrill ride with no warning.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Arnolds Park & Nickelodeon Universe/Mall of America

Postby coasterbill » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:30 am

I read the last few pages and already noted your Flash Pass and Uber tip so thanks for that, it's really helpful. I'll probably go to La Feria but I'll do so with no expectations whatsoever so anything we ride is a bonus. :lol:

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:33 am

^ For La Feria, try to visit on the day that you think is busiest. It will be your best chance to ride everything.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Arnolds Park & Nickelodeon Universe/Mall of America

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby MKvillalba » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:58 am

I recommend you to visit the park on the second or third week of january, most schools have already started classes and you won't find the park packed.

If you go on a friday or sunday you will find good 2-train ops and is least likely for them to close rides for maintenance (they usually do that from monday to wednesday).

About La Feria, although they have made great improvements to the park and it's operations throughout this year, it's still slow compared to SF, and the park is too crowded on weekends no matter what time of the year is it. My suggestion is for you to visit La Feria on a wednesday or thursday, most rides are walk-ons!

I live in Mexico City, so don't hesitate to ask me for any local advise you need :)

Postby coasterbill » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:42 am

MKvillalba wrote:I recommend you to visit the park on the second or third week of january, most schools have already started classes and you won't find the park packed.

If you go on a friday or sunday you will find good 2-train ops and is least likely for them to close rides for maintenance (they usually do that from monday to wednesday).

About La Feria, although they have made great improvements to the park and it's operations throughout this year, it's still slow compared to SF, and the park is too crowded on weekends no matter what time of the year is it. My suggestion is for you to visit La Feria on a wednesday or thursday, most rides are walk-ons!

I live in Mexico City, so don't hesitate to ask me for any local advise you need :)

Thanks so much! It's awesome to hear from a local and I may pick your brain a bit between now and the trip.

We're booked for the weekend of the 11th and 12th because we assume that it will still be Christmas in the Park and we want it to be Christmas in the Park because I love theme park Christmas events. If that means we have to buy Flash Pass I'm actually okay with that trade-off.

Does going to La Feria on a weekend increase the likelihood of them actually running everything?

Also, I don't want to hijack the thread but if you have any non-theme-park related tips on things to do, let me know. Teotihuacan is definitely on the list.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby MKvillalba » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:24 pm

You're welcome!

Christmas in the Park lasts until the third week of January, that would be the 19th so you will catch it for sure, and the flash pass for 10 rides costs between $15 and $30 USD depending on the demand of the day.

About La Feria, yes, going on weekends increases the chances of them running everything, although operations tend to be slow.

There's a new small park built on top of a mall in the south-east part of the city, near Xochimilco, called "Kataplum!" that features a Vekoma Family Inverted Coaster, a Spinning Wild Mouse and many other fun rides:

About non-park related things to do, it really depends what you're into. Teotihuacan is a must-visit definitely.
Chapultepec Park is beautiful, and you can visit many atractions there besides La Feria like the Anthropology Museum, the Chapultepec Castle and the lakes:

Near Chapultepec is the luxurious Polanco neighborhood, there you will find Plaza Carso, home of the Soumaya art museum and Acuario Inbursa (the biggest aquarium in Latin America, which is completely underground):

In the west part of the city, also close-ish to Chapultepec is Parque La Mexicana, a relatively new urban park with fantastic views but not really much to do:

Those are the places that come to mind, don't hesitate to ask me for more specific recommendations!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:35 am

^That new park looks cute! Always looking for an excuse to get back to Mexico City, it's so great!

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!