Efteling Discussion Thread

P. 178: Carnaval Festival rehab is done
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Piers' latest smashpiece

Re: Efteling to build 42.5 million euro darkride!

Postby Gix » Fri May 21, 2010 4:03 am

It is one of my home parks. I really looking forward to this.

This year the joris and the dragon racing coaster
next year a totaal new show theater
And after that the new darkride

Here are a couple beter resolution images:

ImageLarge version

ImageLarge version

Everything you know is wrong...

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ginzo » Fri May 21, 2010 4:04 am

I bet this will be better than Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. To me, at least it probably will be.
"There's nothing wrong with it. It just needs some tweaking,"

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri May 21, 2010 9:25 am

I think this will be really good for the park. I gotta be honest, I'm not blown away by the parks current dark rides and I think they're way overhyped. I'm assuming this new ride will be more like a DarKastle or Harry Potter so that should bring them up to the modern era of dark rides!

Hard Rock hyyyper

Postby hyyyper » Fri May 21, 2010 10:11 am

I had really hoped the Efteling would build a new steel coaster for once. I would invite the board of the Efteling to go IOA and BGT/W and take the seminar "How to theme a B&M"

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Fri May 21, 2010 10:41 am

hyyyper wrote:I had really hoped the Efteling would build a new steel coaster for once. I would invite the board of the Efteling to go IOA and BGT/W and take the seminar "How to theme a B&M"

Do you really think a B&M is better for the patrons of Efteling than a well done dark ride? I think it would look very out of place, no matter how well it is themed.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ginzo » Fri May 21, 2010 11:08 am

^I think they could get away with replacing Python with a smaller B&M, like the one at Tivoli Gardens, without too many problems. Kind of like how they've replaced Pegasus with the GCIIs.

But, yeah, a high end new dark ride is a much better idea. Efteling is one of the few non-Disney/Universal parks that can do a really good dark ride.
"There's nothing wrong with it. It just needs some tweaking,"

Postby Wes » Fri May 21, 2010 11:10 am

itsasamccormick wrote:Wow, that is some serious cash for a dark ride....

I may be a little off but with the current exchange rate it would cost 52.7 Million in the US. WOW....

Which is still a fairly small budget in comparison to the dark rides that Disney and Universal do. Even crappy Winnie The Pooh at Disneyland was $30 million.

Hard Rock hyyyper

Postby hyyyper » Fri May 21, 2010 11:12 am

larrygator wrote:
hyyyper wrote:I had really hoped the Efteling would build a new steel coaster for once. I would invite the board of the Efteling to go IOA and BGT/W and take the seminar "How to theme a B&M"

Do you really think a B&M is better for the patrons of Efteling than a well done dark ride? I think it would look very out of place, no matter how well it is themed.

Yes I do. If the Efteling adds a darkride, people will see it exactly the same as the other darkrides they already have. Adding some thrill would attract people looking for thrill. Adding a darkride only attracts families (and enthousiast) who are going to show up anyways.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby tiger01 » Fri May 21, 2010 11:17 am

42.5 MILLION! Seriously??? For one Dark Ride! You can Make The Greatest Coaster In The Universe with that Money!!
:airtimer: :airtime: :airtimer: :airtime: ................
I quit my job at the helium factory last week...I refused to be spoken to in that tone!

My newest rct3 park...Marine World [Rct3]

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Fri May 21, 2010 11:22 am

hyyyper wrote:Yes I do. If the Efteling adds a darkride, people will see it exactly the same as the other darkrides they already have. Adding some thrill would attract people looking for thrill. Adding a darkride only attracts families (and enthousiast) who are going to show up anyways.

You think adding one thrill ride will attract thrill seekers? Or will thrill seeker want another big coaster built in 2014 and then another in 2016 and then another in 2018 to keep coming back? If there's one thing everyone should realize about this hobby it is that thrill seekers are never satisfied and always want more.

Adding a B&M will attract thrill seekers one time to the park, a dark ride that is consistent with all the other rides already at the park keeps the current clientele (families who spend more money) happy and returning. Thrill seekers are more likely to be day trippers, while family are more likely to stay at the hotel creating even more revenue for Eftleing outside of just the admission price.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!