Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Efteling Discussion Thread

Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:36 am

Construction update The six swans:

Source: @Pleatjesmakers (Twitter)

Onride renewed old tuffers:

Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:30 pm

Great car ride! The vehicles are so big and it's really a nice long "country ride".
He's overdoing it on the honking a bit, especially back at the station.
But hey - that's what the horn's there for. :wink:

Mon May 13, 2019 10:37 pm

It has been confirmed that none other than Aardman Studios will produce the new 4D film Fabula.
Coming late 2019.

Mon May 27, 2019 11:41 am

Eftleling has reopened Carnival Festival after a 3 million Euro rehab to update and eliminate "racist" scenes.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=nl&u=https://www.rtlnieuws.nl/editienl/artikel/4722206/carnaval-festival-efteling-weer-open-na-renovatie&prev=search

Carnival Festival in Efteling open again, nose ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings and frizzy hair gone
May 23, 2019 10:57 AM : May 23, 2019 11:24

Carnival Festival in the Efteling is reopened after months of renovation. With an budget of 3 million euros, the amusement park tackled the technology and gave a number of dolls a new look.

The 35-year-old attraction closed in January for the major refurbishment. The Efteling reported that the 'current time picture' would also be considered.

Carnival Festival Efteling tackled, no more frizzy hair and nose ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings

A number of dolls in the Africa and Asia scenes were given a whole new look. For example, the Chinese dolls no longer have large teeth and the dolls with nose ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings and frizzy hair have disappeared completely. Dolls with instruments, shields and traditional clothing can now be seen in that section.

Criticism of old scenes

There was a lot of criticism of the old scenes, especially from foreign visitors. They would be racist and offensive. De Efteling, however, stated earlier that the changes were not a reaction to that, but were done in own initiative.

"Now all scenes fit in well with the original theme: partying through different cultures around the world."

454 LED lights

In addition to these adjustments, a hundred other dolls were given a new layer of paint. Efteling also took a thorough look at the technology. The existing lighting has been replaced by 454 LED lamps. The renovation of the 118 gondolas has not yet been completed, as they are being refurbished in phases.

Finally, there is a new photo point. That can now be found in the Confetti souvenir shop, which is located next to the Carnival Festival.

Mon May 27, 2019 4:16 pm

I hope they still have that totem pole...for Canada's rep.... I think. :smile:

(I can't watch the videos, for some reason. Boo Hoo.)
Attachments
Resize of M-05.jpg
Yay! "Caaaa-naaaa-daaah"....I think. TPR 2010 Europe Tour.
Resize of M-05.jpg (106.29 KiB) Viewed 2708 times

Mon May 27, 2019 5:06 pm

^I'm sure it's still there because it's okay to be racist towards Canadian's because they're too nice to do anything about it. =)

Mon May 27, 2019 5:24 pm

Thank you! And we're sorry. =)
Attachments
Resize of M-06.jpg
One of the highlights of Efteling Parfk IMhO...the Carousel Bldg. w/Jon. TPR 2010 Europe Tour.
Resize of M-06.jpg (170.2 KiB) Viewed 2651 times

Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:55 am

So I've been doing some research but I can't find my answer.
Does Mack Rides still sell bobsled coasters? I mean there last one dates back to 2001 (according to RCDB), but there website still has them under the Classic rides banner, but I understand that can also mean they still support the product.

For people wondering why I ask that here.
Recently we've gotten a date when the bob at the Efteling closes, this would be September 1st, this restarted the discussion whether Powered coasters are a good replacement or not. Some people suggested a Mack Bobsled coaster would have been better, I actually had a long time where I thought it would be the perfect replacement for the bob, a bob for a bob. So I went to Mack's website and came to the conclusion they might not make them anymore, I just wonder if anybody can confirm this.

returning on that closing date, on a Dutch action site the chairman of the Efteling is selling one of the bob cars, highest bid is now €150.000,- what is insane if you ask me :lmao: , there he states that on September 1st they will say goodbye to Bob. Yesterday I was in the park and asks some staff if this is true, they weren't sure but it coincided whit what they heard.

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:18 am

Here is my final ride on "Bob!"

Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:23 am

robbalvey wrote:Here is my final ride on "Bob!"

I was there, it was very cool)
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS