Gardaland Discussion Thread

P. 136: The Year of Magic details, Sequoia Adventure returns
Users viewing this topic: domirellativegal and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Gardaland Discussion Thread

Postby JordyC » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:26 am

Big refurbishment for legendary attraction in Gardaland

060218lobby.jpg

The Italian theme park Gardaland will refurbish one of its most iconic attractions. This winter the mysterious pirates darkride I Corsari will get a thorough renovation. The decors will be equipped with digital projection techniques and other special effects.

That has recently been announced by Gardaland. Guests make a stormy journey at sea while being chased by a ghost ship. "They are witnesses of duels, abandoned villages, decayed ships and underground worlds populated by supernatural beings".

The attraction will be called 'I Corsari: La Vendetta del Fantasma'. A new soundtrack is also provided. Voice actor Pietro Ubaldi, known for the voice of Captain Barbossa in the Italian dubbing of Pirates of the Caribbean, will be providing the voice of the spirit.

Gardaland will reopen on Friday 29th March. This year, the theme park also opens a themed area with attractions around the Peppa Pig children's series. Furthermore, the Time Voyagers attraction is renamed 'San Andreas 4-D Experience', based on the disaster film San Andreas from 2015.

Source and source
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Shambhala - PortAventura 4. Taron - Phantasialand 5. Helix - Liseberg 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 9. Goliath - Walibi Holland 10. Silver Star - Europa-Park

Coasters: 232 || Parks: 44

Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Dombot » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:36 am

The fact that an actual Pirates of the Carribean voice actor is going to act for a Pirates of the Carribean ripoff is slightly amusing to me. :lol:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Mako 5. Alpengeist

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:14 pm

Dombot wrote:The fact that an actual Pirates of the Carribean voice actor is going to act for a Pirates of the Carribean ripoff is slightly amusing to me. :lol:

Must have had a bad pay-day from Disney.
Glad to see it's not VR, I saw the picture and was like: "oh no another VR ride in a park that already has one." But this is more exiting for me.
I want to return to this park badly but till now I always had to cancel last minute. Maybe 2019.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:49 pm

Dombot wrote:The fact that an actual Pirates of the Carribean voice actor is going to act for a Pirates of the Carribean ripoff is slightly amusing to me. :lol:

Not surprising, as it is pretty damn funny.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby livai » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:58 pm

as expected (given the high maintenance costs and low participation in the park) in recent years. the adventure of the sequoia will be closed indefinitely. for those who attend or know the park well enough, this is news that will not leave you speechless. in addition to having removed 2 attractions for young children
then ; 3 attraction for the peppa pig - sequoia and baby horse and baby canoes
great gardaland
Cattura.PNG
leviathan & fury 325 = waste of money

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:24 pm

^Aw, man. I've heard many (and maybe only?) bad things about this kind of ride, but by looks alone it's always intrigued me. And the fact that its inversions are called saxophones.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby KingRCT3 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:27 am

I, for one, won't say bad things about this ride. Was it a great coaster? Maybe not, but it was definitely a cool experience. Seeing the track disappear in front of you was pretty scary, and I didn't find the up-side down parts uncomfortable.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby livai » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:26 am

The problem with this coaster was 2
very low frequency from the public
part costase for maintenance
and this led to the closure as early as June of last year
leviathan & fury 325 = waste of money

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:19 am

The problem with the coaster was:
High maintenance
Low capacity
Uncomfortable to ride
Not thrilling

Other than that is was great!
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:22 pm

It stunk. But now that it is dead, I will say nothing but great things about it because no one else can ride it.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!