TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Gardaland Discussion Thread

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Six Flags New England, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index.

Official Park Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

April 24th, 2005 - Sequoia Adventure begins testing - SEE BELOW

September 14th, 2005 - New 4D theater announced

February 19th, 2006 - New dark ride for 2006

October 16th, 2006 - Blackstone purchases Gardaland

April 14th, 2008 - Mammut opens

July 15th, 2010 - Gardaland announced new B&M prototype for 2011

September 14th, 2010 - Teaser campaign for new coaster starts

October 3rd, 2010 - Construction photos for new coaster

January 10th, 2011 - Video construction tour for Raptor

December 8th, 2011 - New Ice Age 4D movie announced

June 12th, 2012 - 'Night is Magic' extends park operation by 5 hours for the Summer!

January 10th, 2013 -"Madagascar Live! It's Circus Time" show announced!

November 4th, 2013 - Dive Machine announced for 2015

September 9th, 2015 - Gardaland Adventure Hotel officially announced , to open in 2016

March 19th, 2016 - Kung Fu Panda spinning coaster (and themed area) to be added in 2016

December 8th, 2017 - Peppa Pig themed area to be added in 2018

February 7th, 2018 - iCorsari dark ride to be upgrade including projection screens

December 13th, 2018 - The Year of Magic details, Sequoia Adventure returns

September 28th, 2021 - Jumanji - The Adventure attraction to debut in 2022!

February 8th, 2023 - Jumanji The Labyrinth announced for 2023!

Check this video that shows the S&S creation testing. You'll have to get past the great music when you watch it, though.

http://www.gardalandever.too.it/

Is it just me, or does that thing look really awkwardly braked? I know the ride can't go too fast for some of the things it does, but it looks as if they brake on the drops instead of after them.

Damn, looks like you must have just made it! I think that they are over their bandwith.

If it's anything like the prototype though I remember thinking the same thing.

Hopefully we'll get to ride it in June!

Elissa "I love Scary Prototype Rides of Death!" Alvey

I must say, I'm a bit disappointed with it. I mean, I'm sure it's a pretty cool ride, but it's just not quite what I expected. I understand that it can only go so fast, but I expected the pace to be a little faster than what it is. Oh well! Can't win everytime! Can't wait to hear a ride report.

So is it the exact same one that had been sitting at S&S for 3 years? I remember seeing the video of that on Screamscape and thinking them "That doesn't look very cool" and I had the same reaction watching this video.

Here's one thing I thought....does it really even count as a coaster? It's looks so controlled that it almost looks more like a flat ride than a coaster.

I am very curious to ride this though, but I just have this feeling it's going to be one of those rides that may have lots of problems, and I'm not even expecting it to be open when we're there.

--Robb "Loves opening the can of worms!" Alvey

Stupidest ride ever!

EVER!!

I'm with Robb, is this even a coaster? It looks like it is powered most of, if not all of the time.

They should make you wear helmets when riding it because it's so retarded. They could theme it as a Short Bus Adventure.

-kip-

I have to say that even though I agree that it looks totally pointless, I'm actually looking forward to riding it. I don't know what it is with having a facsination about stuff that is horrible, but it's true for a lot of people. Just take the "Beverly" for example. It goes like this:

"OMG, this is the worst thing ever!!!! Here try!!!

"ACK!!!! You're right this is HORRIBLE!!!"

So yeah, it looks stupid, but yet I'm psyched to ride it...WTF?!?!?

--Robb "Being positive is so uncool!" Alvey

It does look kind of boring, but there are probably a lot of possibilities for the layout. I'd guess that this is just the base layout, and in the future there'll be Screamin Squirrels with other elements, and an upside down section here or there implemented into the layout.

Waaay too much time spent upside down. Why couldn't the quickest part of the ride be the time traveling upside down?? If you wanna make it dramatic, then slow everyone down before the drop, but get them back rightside up ASAP!

Looks like a coaster version of a Inverter (Looping Starship, Frenzoid, upside down Pirate, whatever it's called.)

Well, it was just testing so there is a chance that what we saw is not the final program.

However, I never saw the origional screamscape video when it ran with people so maybe this IS the program.

Either way Gardaland looks like fun anyway, plus it's not like they removed something cool to put this in.

For some reason I think this will feel just like riding Swat.

-Don

• 4 months later...

Gardaland, for the news season is building a new theater, with a capacity of 1400 people, and under the theater will be the new 4D Cinema. Here you are some pics from my web-site:

http://gardalandever.altervista.org/gal ... atro17.jpg

http://gardalandever.altervista.org/gal ... atro12.jpg

Bye!

Edited by larrygator

• 5 months later...

The news of Gardaland 2006 are:

- Gardaland Theatre, the new theatre with a capacity of about 1400 person, and the show will be a medley of all the most famous musical; it will open during the season;

- "Legend of the White Horse": a new film for The Spectacular 4D Adventure, the 4D cinema;

- a sistemation of Valle dei Re, the dark ride;

- the re-launch of Sequoia Adventure, the new rollercoaster of the 2005 season.

The new 4D cinema will be ready for 2007.

And here there is the map of Gardaland 2006: http://www.gardalandever.net/gallery/mappa2006.jpg

• 7 months later...

Blackstone Group International, the company that recently bought the Legoland chain is close to expanding its theme park empire with the 500 million euro purchase of the largest theme park in Italy, Gardaland near Lake Garda.

Although there are a few last-minute details to be sorted out, the acquisition is expected to be announced in the next few days.

As well as the London Dungeon and Legoland, Merlin owns a chain of Sea Life aquariums, and the source suggested that it may open a new Sea Life at Gardaland in a bid to grow and refresh the venue.

Il Sole 24 ORE & Times Online

Sounds good, a Sea Life aquarium could be a nice addition to the park, but i think the new owners should spend some money on a new coaster, most of the park's current coasters are pretty lame, i've read that even the famous Screaming Squirrel isn't all that special.

Hopefully Blackstone can turn this park around since it didn't sound that good on the europe trip. The company sounds like they have some good ideas for the park, so hopefully they are actually built.

The coasters arent that great, but the rest of the park is fantastic in my opinion. I know several people who have had problems with customer service, but I had 1 1/2 great day in that park. Beatiful scenery and a good selection of rides. Add a good coaster or two and you have a top quality park!

• 1 year later...

THE RE-AWAKENING OF THE “MAMMOTH” AT GARDALAND - Inauguration of ITALY’S BIGGEST FAMILY ROLLERCOASTER: covering 5,000 m² for a ride that lasts 4 minutes, with 16 sudden changes of direction and inclines of up to 48°! Being Italy’s biggest family rollercoaster, “Mammut” puts Gardaland in the spotlight once again, confirming its leadership in the Entertainment Parks sector as the number one park in Italy and amongst the top parks in Europe. Here you can find a bunch of cool pics!!! Enjoy it!!!

mammut_av09.jpg.552d2720dc6290bebd4e3364c74c5aed.jpg

mammut_av08.jpg.c1d0dcb68749628984597d72079e7b8b.jpg

mammut_av07.jpg.ed4b327348bb3f008698c394ad40a206.jpg

mammut_av06.jpg.e18515a93c2c8c01e8c595dc511fc93d.jpg

mammut_av05.jpg.8c8e9b2a91ce8237ac47a2c13744f517.jpg

mammut_av04.jpg.17bb8b9d2ef736e56bfba34ce04226bd.jpg

mammut_av03.jpg.39b781961584d5d9d57b78b74046f51b.jpg

mammut_av02.jpg.47d78cc55e05a340228545068d1e0ad6.jpg

mammut_av01.jpg.c617f204d8fe0c3b786a5e1876ec87bf.jpg