TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Gardaland Discussion Thread

mmmmmmm: Merlin builds a new coaster at alton towers , claims to spend 12 million, but is actually just over half (and holds many attractions closed)

in Heide park they managed to close the colossus. create a horrible area for children (peppa pig) and remove 3 attractions.

at Gardaland they managed to lose 800,000 guests and to cancel the roller coaster of 2019, because the money is used to repair colossus .

this is how the Merlin parks work!

Thorpe Park: we feel a veil of mercy

p.s: I expect their sale soon

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

I *think* he's trying to say Merlin hasn't been making the best of decisions, lately. And honestly, he's not wrong IMO. They've had to remove plenty of rides from parks due to budget cuts, and also there's the whole Colossos rehab that's taking up a lot of money. Also, I'm glad that he brought this up finally:

at Gardaland they managed to lose 800,000 guests and to cancel the roller coaster of 2019

Some context regarding this statement: In the Italian forums, there was an inside source that hinted that there was going to be a conversion of Ramses: Il Risveglio into a roller coaster similar to Verbolten, which they eventually confirmed to be cancelled, again because of budget cuts.

Re-reading the forums, I am questioning the validity of the source, but to be fair, I am just an outsider looking in, relatively speaking, so there's probably a lot of people-related stuff I am missing. Whatever that means.

Either way, I think livai's frustration is kind of justified. I think Peppa Pig Land looks painfully bad, (I mean just look at this!) and, let's face it, Shaman VR was a disaster (I talked about this in great length some pages back).

At the same time, here's hoping that Merlin get out of this bad situation they're in, and that at least Wicker Man could be a fresh start for them. Maybe I am being too optimistic...?

Honestly, haven´t seen the result of Peppe land at Heide Park, so cannot judge. And I´m not the target group, so don´t care that much.

I also wouldn´t be too harsh regarding ride removals. Most of the rides removed made sense. I don´t feel sorry for anything they removed (except the Slammer at Thorpe - I loved it, but I also understand why it is removed). The rides removed were usually sub-par rides and probably quite hard to maintain, so why keep them?

Colossos is different story though, but in the end, I like they decided to make sacrifices to save it. I also like the WickerMan at Alton so far.

Either way, I think livai's frustration is kind of justified. I think Peppa Pig Land looks painfully bad, (I mean just look at this!) and, let's face it, Shaman VR was a disaster (I talked about this in great length some pages back).

Should one judge a land from an image taken from a distance outside the park during foggy weather and partially obscured by tree branches?

Edited by cookiex

mmmmmmm: Merlin builds a new coaster at alton towers , claims to spend 12 million, but is actually just over half (and holds many attractions closed)

in Heide park they managed to close the colossus. create a horrible area for children (peppa pig) and remove 3 attractions.

at Gardaland they managed to lose 800,000 guests and to cancel the roller coaster of 2019, because the money is used to repair colossus .

this is how the Merlin parks work!

Thorpe Park: we feel a veil of mercy

p.s: I expect their sale soon

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Attacking one of our International member's English is completely uncalled for and you have earned a one week time-out.

• 8 months later...

https://www.gardaland.it/en/2019-year-of-magic/

2019-anno-della-magia_cover.thumb.png.e9c6331985376a687902a8e9288d9e44.png

In 2019, Gardaland Park will be swept up in a wave of magic! The Wizard of Gardaland in his huge magic hat has cast a spell over the whole Resort, conjuring up a series of magic adventures for all guests! Discover the magical innovations at Gardaland and enjoy an even more fabulous trip! Who knows, you may become the first Wizard’s apprentice!

bollo-foresta_new.png.03422741ed819ed0d2ea82d1b9c2cd02.png

NEW FOR 2019: THE ENCHANTED FOREST

The wicked witch is plotting to turn the Enchanted Forest and all its inhabitants to stone – the Wizard of Gardaland needs your help to break the spell and stop her! Pick up your magic wand, become an apprentice wizard or witch, and save the Enchanted Forest before it turns to stone… the Wizard is waiting for you!

bollo-sequoia_new.png.cb757413c7c007b7a333c3d4d0448694.png

NEW FOR 2019: SEQUOIA MAGIC LOOP

Only for the most daring wizards and witches, Sequoia Magic Loop is an exciting ride that reaches heights of around 30 metres from the ground, and performs a series of 180° loop-the-loops for a head-spinning upside-down effect! Do you dare to try it?

bollo-show_new.png.072da8d1775faad22a66f427c1322645.png

NEW FOR 2019: MAGIC ELEMENTS SHOW

Discover the wonderful world created by the Wizard. The elements blend harmoniously with amazing special effects, incredible acrobatic numbers and suggestive dance sets, in an unforgettable show. Our artistes are ready… are you?

121218muts.jpg.9a4428fca83d720a489114ce0b2fb08d.jpg

47307579_10155654880027680_3423490991095545856_n.thumb.jpg.7b72f49d26b84a7758dde94ab4fc3c85.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

^ Well, this is definitely putting lipstick on the proverbial pig.

The ride, in my humble opinion, was just not that great a ride.

It's an oddity, to be sure, in the coaster world. But still. It's crap.

I kind of like that it reopens next year. I never took the chance to ride it back in 2007 when I was the last time at the park. I love odd rides and I was sad to see it close in 2017. After all I heard about the comfort of the ride I never expected to get the chance myself so it's a shock to be sure. I don't care how bad the ride is I will take my chance if I get to Italy in 2019, just for the experiance of oddness.

• 2 years later...

^ Since no source has been quoted ...... and I am just asking, judging by the photo ......

Does "A Unique World-Class Ride For Adventurers Of All Ages" = A New Coaster?

It could end up being a trackless "Indiana Jones" like thing. Or not. Or indeed, a coaster. "Family style."

Looking forward to hearing what it's all about. 🎪

Heard this rumor yesterday, If it is a coaster I'm kind of wondering how they're going to make it work if I'm correct the building isn't extremely high, however looking how Movie Park Germany manged to squeeze two coasters now inside buildings that used to house darkrides (Van Helsing and Movie Park Studios) I have no doubt it can work. That promise of a unique world class ride peaks my interest a lot. I'm sort of sad to see Rames go though, I can remember it as a kind of good darkride that got turned into a lesser shooter, however we see to many darkrides getting taken down to be replaced by coasters or something else, I'm afraid to see what the future holds for darkrides.

That wall is directly in front of Ramses.  Sad to see that ride go because it's one of the best shooters I've been on (delightfully weird with robo-mummies) but this new ride is most likely a new dark ride, not a coaster.

• Like 1

Gardaland has announced that they will open Jumanji - The Adventure in 2022 themed to the hit Sony Pictures franchise!

Jumanji_ride_Announcement_KEY_VISUAL-1632814394641.jpg--gardaland__nel_2022_la_prima_attrazione_al_mondo_tematizzata_jumanji_.thumb.jpg.8d3257031a12e0df9a508f515dd9c16d.jpg

https://www.gardaland.it/en/jumanji/#

NEW 2022: THE WORLD’S FIRST JUMANJI THEMED RIDE

READY FOR AN EXCITING ADVENTURE? ENTER THE WILD WORLD OF JUMANJI ON A DANGER FILLED JOURNEY WHERE ONLY YOU CAN LIFT THE CURSE!

Experience the Jungles of JUMANJI in your own 4x4 off-roader and navigate your way through dangerous animals, falling obstacles and a mighty stone giant! Return the sacred jewel back to the fabled shrine in a race against time to save Jumanji!

THE ADVENTURE IS ABOUT TO BEGIN, STAY TUNED...

https://ew.com/movies/jumanji-ride-gardaland-concept-art/

In the jungle, you must wait... in line to ride the world's first Jumanji-themed attraction.

EW has an exclusive first look at the concept art for the film franchise's debut theme park ride, Jumanji — The Adventure, which is set to open in 2022 at the Gardaland Resort in Italy.

Based on Sony Pictures' big-screen series, the Jumanji — The Adventure ride will transport guests into the world of the movies, where an indoor journey "full of pitfalls, surprises, and dangers through the wild jungle" awaits, according to the ride's official synopsis.

"The team at Gardaland are top notch creatives and storytellers who have designed an immersive experience that expands on the world created by the films," said Jeffrey Godsick, executive vice president of global partnerships and brand management and head of location-based entertainment at Sony Pictures Entertainment. "Adding many new elements, fans will be transported far beyond their imagination, deep into the jungles of Jumanji."

Since the first Jumanji film debuted in 1995 with Robin Williams and Kirsten Dunst in lead roles, Sony has updated the series with two new entries starring Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, Jack Black, and Karen Gillan: 2017's Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle and its 2019 sequel Jumanji: The Next Level, while the 2005 movie Zathura: A Space Adventure serves as a spin-off of the original.

Though the recent editions revolve around a video game adaptation of the titular board game, the original follows a family who unwittingly releases a man — and the wildlife terrors — who spent years trapped inside the world of Jumanji. To date, the franchise has grossed more than $2.1 billion at the global box office.

Opened in 1975, Gardaland has become one of Italy's top theme park destinations, boasting dozens of attractions, a Kung Fu Panda roller coaster, and an immersive theater experience using elements from Patty Jenkins' Wonder Woman films.

Jumanji — The Adventure is set to open in the first half of 2022. See EW's exclusive ride concept art above.

^ If that's the case, then it'll probably go something like "Escape From Gringotts" is at Universal Orlando.

On coaster track, but stopped in spots (screens <here>), reversed, turntabled, spiraled, etc. etc.

Just a guess here. 😁 (And don't forget that Mummy Ride there, too. Same style as above with track, and such.)

I saw something on a German site suggesting something Zierer shared on Instagram. It's a track based ride with cars very similar to the concept art shown. It just uses a bunch of curved screens and a car like vehicle going screen to screen on a flat track. I don't think it's in any way shape or form a coaster anymore, because if it was I'm sure they rather promote that then a darkride, coasters seem like a higher selling point towards the general public.

2 hours ago, SharkTums said:

Yeah, let's remember that Test Track and even Journey Into Imagination also have coaster track under them!!!

So is this a new ride completely or are they replacing one of their existing dark rides with this?

I think they closed the Ramses ride so I imagine this is where it's going.

• Like 1