Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 733 - Two Villainous New Thrill Rides for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
token black guy

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby jarmor » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:08 am

bert425 wrote:
southpuddle wrote:
Seddy wrote:Considering that SFOG was one of the ‘original’ parks, I don’t see us getting a Freespin since we haven’t gotten one after all this time.

Right, all of the “original” SF parks always get the best additions. Just ask SFSL.

and SFOT, when they got their FreeSpin in 2018.

2017 :p ;) lol. But The fact that nearly every SF park got a batman clone makes me believe nearly everyone will get a free spin. I'ts just a matter of time before it makes it's way to SFoG. I'm guessing something to attract more to Metropolis Park.
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jynx242 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:06 am

I've actually had a couple of fantastic visits this month. Went last Sunday and this Sunday - very low crowds and very little frustration. Staff seemed overall very helpful and energetic as well. Was hoping some of the Holiday lights would be turned on last night, but they aren't yet. Also, haven't ridden the Mine Train in the dark in about 35 years (a three year old will change your ride priority list,) and that was a TON of fun.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Lightning Rod » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:52 pm

I’m planning to go to Universal Islands of Adventure, Sea Word Orlando, Fun Spot, and Busch Gardens Tampa in April for a week for my 40th birthday. Mapquest says Six Flags Over Georgia is a 6 hour drive from Orlando. I’m planning to visit the park for the first time is it open in April during the week if I wanted to add a extra day to drive up to Six Flags Over Georgia and are the crowds light during the week? I’m planning to go to Orlando April 11th through the 17th.

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby Lotologist492 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:31 am

Lightning Rod wrote:I’m planning to go to Universal Islands of Adventure, Sea Word Orlando, Fun Spot, and Busch Gardens Tampa in April for a week for my 40th birthday. Mapquest says Six Flags Over Georgia is a 6 hour drive from Orlando. I’m planning to visit the park for the first time is it open in April during the week if I wanted to add a extra day to drive up to Six Flags Over Georgia and are the crowds light during the week? I’m planning to go to Orlando April 11th through the 17th.

This park is (has been) only open weekends in April except for Spring Break week, which is the first full week in April. During that week, the park is generally crowded as most metro area schools are out for the week.

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby Lotologist492 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:49 am

We enjoyed a visit this past Sunday and were pleasantly surprised by the non existent crowds and decent weather. My friends were on hand as well to help me celebrate my birthday!

With Holiday in the Park beginning next Sunday (The park is closed for a private event Saturday) I found some interesting info regarding HitP 2019:

The new Screampunk District (including Pandemonium) will be OPEN! Additionally, the Sky Buckets will now operate normally on both ends. The Lickskillet area including Blue Hawk and Scream Machine will still be closed off.

There will be a new show in the Crystal Pistol: "Step into Christmas" (No more "Because its Christmas")

It appears the park has doubled the number of S'mores stations, which will serve nicely as warming areas.

Most of the Christmas decorations were installed on this visit. None of the lights were turned on yet.

Looking forward to my visit next Sunday!
20191117_164838.jpg
Brand new 'snowflakes' for the new "Screampunk Christmas" section!
20191117_164840.jpg
More Screampunk snowflakes. These are actually really cool!
20191110_151202.jpg
Updated Holiday in the Park map showing the new Screampunk Christmas area
20191110_151209.jpg
HitP 2019 show schedule

Postby tndank » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:24 am

Looks like Superman will be running for HiTP. I like that!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:59 am

It always runs for HITP doesn't it?
Last edited by coasterbill on Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:05 am.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby grsupercity » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:26 am

Is this park generally open weekends in Feb or March? I could not get six flags calendar to go past Januarys winterfest
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Postby tndank » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:32 am

coasterbill wrote:It always runs for HITP doesn't it?

I don't know. And I might be crazy but I'm pretty sure it wasn't on the website list a couple weeks ago when they started putting HITP info up. (I know websites are 100%...)

And some folks on FB had indicated it might be down.

Pretty sure they started weekends on March 9th this year.

They will def be open weekend March 20th and probably a couple weekends before that. (Band comps start the 20th)

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby PeggedSole » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:35 am

The predicted high temp for Austell this Sunday Nov 24 is 54 degrees. Is that warm enough for the coasters to run? NOTE: I visited SFoG in the past, and it was too cold for Dare Devil Dive to open, but I think most other coasters were running. I can't remember how cold it was, though. Does anyone know the minimum temps for the various coasters to operate (especially Twisted Cyclone). Thanks!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!