Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 733 - Two Villainous New Thrill Rides for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby chschris1 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:28 pm

tndank wrote:Sunday crowds are typically very light. If you are there before the gates open, you can knock out all the coasters in a couple hours with no lines. Might start getting busy around 1 or 2 but it's also likely to stay dead. Do Twisted Cyclone first. Hit Daredevil. Sit on Goliath for a couple laps since no one will be in line waiting. I usually wait for row 1, then sit on whatever is open when we get back to the station. Knock out Superman, Scream Machine, Blue Hawk. Then get Batman and Mindbender. Kiddie coaster and mine train will round it out. Acrophobia is pretty good.

Do Monster Mansion. Good dark ride.

Thanks for the information. I haven't been here in a few years and don't want to spend the extra money on flash pass if it isn't needed. With that said, I am looking forward to riding Pandomonium and Twisted Cyclone as I haven't ridden either of those. After riding Lightning Rod at Dollywood this summer I cant wait to try another RMC!

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby tndank » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:01 pm

They typically open the park 30 minutes before posted time. They usually have Twisted Cyclone going at that time. YOu can normally get a few in before posted opening time and the rope drop. Then hit Scorcher first on your way to DDD. Both of those can get a line because they are slow dispatches.

Be early and you'll have no problems getting in plenty of rides. I think I've ridden TC 20 times this year. All but one of those were during this early 30 minute period on various visits.

Single rider line works great on Goliath. At the top of the stairs just go all the way to the front and there's a spot to stand. If it's dead, they rarely make you walk around on any of their rides, so just keep riding or move seats if someone is waiting.
Last edited by tndank on Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:16 pm.
https://tinyurl.com/qr839y4 - Donate to a charity and help me ride Orion.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:38 pm

^ Twisted Cyclone has single rider line in the station too. . also at the front of the train :)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby JustAGuyNamedSteven » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:55 pm

The train derailed today near the entrance to Log Jamboree. The fake coal car is partially off the tracks (and now covered with a tarp) while the locomotive (possibly the General) is on its side. Due to it being easily viewable from the ride entrance, LJ also closed. Scorcher also went down temporarily, but I believe that it was unrelated as it happened when I first passed by (and there was nobody on the seemingly unharmed passenger cars any more). Goliath provided a clear view of the train, but only from the ride itself (and only on the left seats). It's also possible to look through a gap in the fence next to Goliath Photos, but it's worse than vertical videos.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby hagwar » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:05 pm

Before I call and ask tomorrow I'd thought I'd ask here first please. Does anyone know if we can activate our 2020 SFOG season passes over at White Water? If so does this count for the upgrade us to gold, benies, etc?

Thanks!

I Love Donkeys!

Postby yodelo » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:21 am

Making a trip down to Six Flags Over Georgia this Saturday (9/14)! Does anyone know if it will be crowded? Also, do any rides require fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo, or can I bring a bag that I leave on the other side of the station?

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby The username » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:30 am

Since it's a weekend, unless the weather looks bad it will be very ©rowded. Also, if you plan to stay all day just buy the five dollar movable fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo, as most e-ticket rides require that you have a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby tndank » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:40 am

Goliath, Twisted Cyclone, and Superman don't allow loose articles except drink bottles.

Saturday is a members day event as well. If you are a member you can get in at 8:30 to ride Scorcher, Goliath, and DDD until park opens at 10. I would imagine it will be fairly dead. Mornings there are slow. Protip: They rarely ever make you walk around if there are empty seats. You ride Goliath a bunch early in the day without leaving the station a lot of the time.
https://tinyurl.com/qr839y4 - Donate to a charity and help me ride Orion.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:26 am

invest in cargo shorts with zipper pockets.

you'll never need a fluffy bunny. . I rode everything last monday, without ever needing one. Phone/keys in one zipper pocket, wallet in other. :)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby SFOG1991 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:48 pm

hagwar wrote:Before I call and ask tomorrow I'd thought I'd ask here first please. Does anyone know if we can activate our 2020 SFOG season passes over at White Water? If so does this count for the upgrade us to gold, benies, etc?

Thanks!

I’m almost positive you can activate at either park and get all your benefits just fine. I think it says that somewhere in the long season pass purchasing page on their site.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!